Amazon India lightning deals

Last edited:
It is specifically caused by the Chinese Omron switches used by Logitech. It has nothing to do with the weather because this a widespread world-wide issue. The price difference is probably a few $, but Logitech chose to go that way to increase the profitability.

The software solution only works in minor cases where there is rapid triggering. It will not work for the actual issue with the switch which also results in being unable to hold the left mouse button for drag operations. I opened up my MX Anywhere 2S and the issue was essentially caused by a thin copper film that acts like a lever. I was able to get it working again but of course it is not the same as it was originally.

This is true of not only of Logitech but also Corsair and HyperX which also use the same Omron switches. The old Japanese switches work without any issues till at least the stated lifetime. Unfortunately, although the Chinese ones are rated for 50 million clicks, they develop the issue significantly earlier, always around the one year mark. A very sadistic way to get people to replace their mice at frequent intervals.

Anyway, I went with a wired Asus mouse this time around simply because it is the only manufacturer with the push-socket switches that can be replaced without soldering. Also, it comes with a non-Omron 70m micro-switch and additionally includes two Japanese Omron switches as part of the package.
As per a recent reddit post (which has a video as a source), this isn't caused by the Chinese switches but rather the voltage. Apparently these switches were designed for 5V/10mA use, but since mice makers want to kepe reducing power usage (particularly in wireless models), the switches go bad due to lower voltage (3.3V/1mA) being supplied to them. I have a G502 Proteus Spectrum from the last 3.5 years and still no double click.

Sorry for the off topic

We as consumer are the end user who use the product for long hours everdyday, we come across many issued and feedback. and when we write to company, many customer case directs us to engineer or technical person, when we provide solution or feedback, they just laugh and say we know better than you,, and how can a non technical person teach us how to design the product.. with all respect to all the enginners and designer, sometime you guys just good up many things ..

i am using lenovo laptop for very long time, like in 15 year i have used 4 lenovo laptop becuase they are cheap and abundant.

there was this issue with the touchpad... in one year i had to change the touchpad three times, it was due to charger and touchpad getting short or something ,, now i have never seen this in Asus, HP, Sony laptop.. no matter how we use it

but Lenovo Laptop some models are designed disastor, the voltage on some touchpad are very bad .. i sent several emails to lenovo, they acknowledge it,, but have no solution....

It is specifically caused by the Chinese Omron switches used by Logitech. It has nothing to do with the weather because this a widespread world-wide issue. The price difference is probably a few $, but Logitech chose to go that way to increase the profitability.

The software solution only works in minor cases where there is rapid triggering. It will not work for the actual issue with the switch which also results in being unable to hold the left mouse button for drag operations. I opened up my MX Anywhere 2S and the issue was essentially caused by a thin copper film that acts like a lever. I was able to get it working again but of course it is not the same as it was originally.

This is true of not only of Logitech but also Corsair and HyperX which also use the same Omron switches. The old Japanese switches work without any issues till at least the stated lifetime. Unfortunately, although the Chinese ones are rated for 50 million clicks, they develop the issue significantly earlier, always around the one year mark. A very sadistic way to get people to replace their mice at frequent intervals.

Anyway, I went with a wired Asus mouse this time around simply because it is the only manufacturer with the push-socket switches that can be replaced without soldering. Also, it comes with a non-Omron 70m micro-switch and additionally includes two Japanese Omron switches as part of the package.
If you ever get around to fixing the 2S please make it a double and fix mine too!

MX518 is among the best mouse I have ever used. Razer mice that I have used, did not last even 2 years and DA has the highest failure rate, this data is only for the people I know of. Wonder how good the Hyper series are or the G6XX or the MX Master.

@Skyh3ck Was it the mouse pointer freezing issue by any chance?

yes... i contacted the Lenovo the customer care on phone, and there was a lady who acknowledge the issue and said its due to some problem in charger , battery and touchpad... no we havve Asus and HP laptop also, they dont have any such issue and all laptop are used like 5-6 hours daily.. only Lenovo

Also HP and Asus has the better screen ad build quality compare to Lenovo, but Lenovo are abundant and little cheaper..

I hope they improve their standard and listen to customer feedback

As per a recent reddit post (which has a video as a source), this isn't caused by the Chinese switches but rather the voltage. Apparently these switches were designed for 5V/10mA use, but since mice makers want to kepe reducing power usage (particularly in wireless models), the switches go bad due to lower voltage (3.3V/1mA) being supplied to them. I have a G502 Proteus Spectrum from the last 3.5 years and still no double click.

Sorry for the off topic
May be he is trying to justify the failure of micro switches in wireless mice that are focused on power consumption, but that alone is not the issue. As I said, I opened up my mouse and the issue was specific to the thin copper film which had lost its shape and tension. It was a physical issue and nothing to do with oxidation of contacts.

I think the Proteus at least has the silver plated 20M switch and not the issue prone 50M ones. The Hero on the other hand has the same bucket list of issues even though it is wired and capable of drawing more power.

The Japanese Omron switches are gold plated and operate to the same specifications without any issues for over 10 years. It is simply the cheap build quality of the Chinese Omron switches that is causing most of the problems.

As long as people keep buying Logitech as a brand without understanding the core issue, they will be least bothered to change their approach.
which Asus mouse did you buy?
Went with the ROG Keris. There is a wireless variant but after using wireless mice for over 2 years, I realised how overweight they are. Love the lightness of the mouse. Also the wired variant comes with the PMW 3389 sensor whereas the wireless one comes with the 3335 to save power and is thus also a bit inferior in performance.

Selling now at Black at 1695
And white ones at 1720 .
This is the lowest they have come since 2nd Nov 2020 , back then for a day they wer at 1239

If you ever get around to fixing the 2S please make it a double and fix mine too!
Mine works now in terms of single clicking and being able to hold the left mouse button for drag. Unfortunately, the balance is on a knife's edge. If I fix all the screws then the tension in the switch is gone and it won't click.

So, I am using it with only one fixed screw as that works fine in terms of clicking. Also, the mouse feet are essentially destroyed now. Probably not worth doing it unless you really want the mouse to work. I put it to secondary use as a Bluetooth mouse to use with mobiles and tablets.

May be he is trying to justify the failure of micro switches in wireless mice that are focused on power consumption, but that alone is not the issue. As I said, I opened up my mouse and the issue was specific to the thin copper film which had lost its shape and tension. It was a physical issue and nothing to do with oxidation of contacts.

I think the Proteus at least has the silver plated 20M switch and not the issue prone 50M ones. The Hero on the other hand has the same bucket list of issues even though it is wired and capable of drawing more power.

The Japanese Omron switches are gold plated and operate to the same specifications without any issues for over 10 years. It is simply the cheap build quality of the Chinese Omron switches that is causing most of the problems.

As long as people keep buying Logitech as a brand without understanding the core issue, they will be least bothered to change their approach.

Went with the ROG Keris. There is a wireless variant but after using wireless mice for over 2 years, I realised how overweight they are. Love the lightness of the mouse. Also the wired variant comes with the PMW 3389 sensor whereas the wireless one comes with the 3335 to save power and is thus also a bit inferior in performance.
I wonder how the American's haven't filed a class action lawsuit against Logitech by now.. It's not like nobody's clearly picked up on the fact that Logitech have been well aware of the issue and are yet mis-labeling the life of clicks quite clearly by now

I wonder how the American's haven't filed a class action lawsuit against Logitech by now.. It's not like nobody's clearly picked up on the fact that Logitech have been well aware of the issue and are yet mis-labeling the life of clicks quite clearly by now
It is because they honour the warranty by replacing the mouse for free. Of course, the fact that they have reduced the warranty to 1 year for general use mice is another thing altogether.

What is the maximum amount of discount which one can get on a monitor which costs 10-20k? Trying to calculate the feasibility of getting used or new.

Thanks. How safe is it? Given how much amazon likes to track and spam stuff I wish they had come up with a native method for notifications
Its good. Does what its supposed to do. I've been using it for a long time.

Back