Amazon India lightning deals

Btw just a metric:
I have used 465GB out of 1000GB (or about 50% filled) on my WD Blue SN550 over the last 10months, and my current sequential read/write speeds are as attached. The only reduction compared to when it was less than 5% full is that sequential reads are now 1360mbps instead of 2200 something mbps, which is totally fine by me and I think not unexpected for DRAM-less SSDs. Rest other metrics all look the same. Drive was purchased in Dec 2020 from Flipkart, so I think this is the older, non gimped model.
Firmware is up to date as per WD Dashboard
Btw do ensure your NVMe SSDs have proper cooling - I was getting read and write speeds below 500mbps before using a heatsink!

Attachments

• 1630163409645.png
    1630163409645.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
No need to check speeds, you can just verify your serial number via crystaldiskinfo
My SN550 1TB bought in June, is showing transfer rate above 600 MB/s. Hopefully, it was manufactured before they downgraded it.
Firmware is 211210WD.
I had a picture of the SSD before I installed it. DOM mentioned on it is 23APR2021 and I bought it this June too, so we should be good. I have the serial number too, but unsure how to read it correctly.
Those buying now should be wary, though it seems like WD will replace it for the unsatisfied customers. One of SN550's strong points was that it was consistent even when the SLC cache was full, but now this speed is halved looks like. Only matters to those doing heavy writes anyway I guess.

Renewed items allowed here?
Galaxy s20 FE 5G for 33k by appario (generally unboxed products, just posting the deal I'm not responsible for any potential problems)

(Renewed) Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Cloud Navy, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B094W56F6B/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XBK8R54M23WADB8GVHZK
Renewed items can be hit or miss. Also, no returns only replacement if another unit of same item is in stock. I'd stay away from buying high value items. Appario sold items can be considered but absolutely stay away from 3rd party sellers.

Renewed items can be hit or miss. Also, no returns only replacement if another unit of same item is in stock. I'd stay away from buying high value items. Appario sold items can be considered but absolutely stay away from 3rd party sellers.
Only reason I mentioned it was because it was appario, they do provide return/refund if the replacement item is faulty as well (even if item is in stock)
Wouldn't have considered a 3rd party seller, do agree though it's a bit risky

But this one is known for switch failure after some time. Look it up before you go for it.
Mechanical switches in mice of any brand manufactured since late 2018 early 2019 will fail. In 304 switch failure usually occurs in 1 year.
Logitech provides no questions replacement during its 2 year warranty. Post that, replace the switch with a Kailh GM 4/8.
This is still the best mouse under 5K for long term health of your arm (palm grip), if you use mouse a lot.
Mice with optical switches that don't suffer from this issue are a lot more expensive.

Last edited:
Mechanical switches in mice of any brand manufactured since late 2018 early 2019 will fail. In 304 switch failure usually occurs in 1 year.
Logitech provides no questions replacement during its 2 year warranty. Post that, replace the switch with a Kailh GM 4/8.
This is still the best mouse under 5K for long term health of your arm (palm grip), if you use mouse a lot.
Mice with optical switches that don't suffer from this issue are a lot more expensive.
Can those switches be used in any mouse, had a Logitech 602 or something wireless one, had to throw it away as warranty was over

Didn't know that it's such a widespread problem across the brands!
Does it happen with non-gaming mice also (such as Logitech MX)?

G502 from the last 3.5+ years (Proteus Spectrum) and only in the last 6 months I have experienced occasional double clicking only on left click (one in every 100 or 150 I would say). Play games fairly regularly as well, and my next mouse will also be a G502 (or if I'm lucky, a G502 wireless).

Back