Amazon India lightning deals

Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse
https://amzn.eu/d/h35Acww
Shows as Rs.3995/- for me. Even lesser with card offers and using diamonds.
Was looking at it for a bit and apart from the immediate reviews, if you look at the older ones, there are a lot of post 1-year failures as is typical of Logitech's Chinese Omron switches for the past 3-4 years.

It is a real gamble to purchase this with only 1-year warranty. I had a MX Anywhere 2S which failed exactly on the 13th month. I eventually replaced the switches with Japanese Omron ones but it is a pain to desolder and desolder the new switches after disassembly.

Completely lost trust in Logitech since and it is a general waste of money to purchase expensive Logi mice now, unless they offer 3-year warranty at minimum.

Was looking at it for a bit and apart from the immediate reviews, if you look at the older ones, there are a lot of post 1-year failures as is typical of Logitech's Chinese Omron switches for the past 3-4 years.

It is a real gamble to purchase this with only 1-year warranty. I had a MX Anywhere 2S which failed exactly on the 13th month. I eventually replaced the switches with Japanese Omron ones but it is a pain to desolder and desolder the new switches after disassembly.

Completely lost trust in Logitech since and it is a general waste of money to purchase expensive Logi mice now, unless they offer 3-year warranty at minimum.
I have couple of these, one of them more than two years old and still running fine. I am aware of what issues you are referring to but have not faced anything like that yet so. I do not game but for productivity and ergonomics, these are unmatched.
I do not trust anything else apart from Logi for many years now.
In any case, the offer is gone.

Last edited:

i have a 2 year old Mx Master 2S. after the 2 year mark, the gesture buttons failed and i had to make DIY repair. Now I am stuck with no feet for the mouse as its not available in India. If i go the import route, the shipping charges make it so that the cost is equivalent of a new one.

Thread 'MX Master 2S Mouse feet/ skates replacement'
https://techenclave.com/threads/mx-master-2s-mouse-feet-skates-replacement.207481/

I have couple of these, one of them more than two years old and still running fine. I am aware of what issues you are referring to but have not faced anything like that yet so. I do not game but for productivity and ergonomics, these are unmatched.
I do not trust anything else apart from Logi for many years now.
In any case, the offer is gone.
Probably yes, the switches are too fragile for sustained clicks and will cope better with productivity tasks.

Still doesn't excuse Logi for switching to shady practices like using the cheaper Chinese switches designed to fail earlier (while costing only few cents less than the Japanese one), and reducing the warranty period from 3 years to 1 year somewhere around 2019.

I wasn't even aware of the warranty period reduction when my MX Anywhere failed as I had previously replaced one of the cheaper Bluetooth mice after 2 years sometime in 2017.

Switched to Asus mouse for now because of the slot-based switches. The ROG switches do last longer and they also provide spare Japanese Omron switches.
i have a 2 year old Mx Master 2S. after the 2 year mark, the gesture buttons failed and i had to make DIY repair. Now I am stuck with no feet for the mouse as its not available in India. If i go the import route, the shipping charges make it so that the cost is equivalent of a new one.

Thread 'MX Master 2S Mouse feet/ skates replacement'
https://techenclave.com/threads/mx-master-2s-mouse-feet-skates-replacement.207481/
It is very irritating that they provide glued feet. For example, on the Asus mouse the screws are under rubber caps that can be removed and reinserted without touching the sticker feet, of which they also provide a spare set.

Logi is driven by the marketing and accounting departments now it seems. They did the Maths and found that their brand name is enough to sell more disposable products and increase the income, compared to producing quality ones.

Last edited:
DRAM is not a silver bullet though and it is mostly useful for sustained writes, so will not be of much use at 256 GB capacity, if you are not using it for rendering or video editing. The NAND cell quality is more important which is where Samsung usually excels.

It is still 5.9k but it is possible to get 300 Amazon Pay cashback using the diamonds offer and if you have the cashback card, then it is another 300 back, so in effect, 1TB 980 is around 5.3k.
I did exactly this and my Samsung 980 was delivered today. Thanks for the great post. Spent 5.3kish on the 1 TB using SBI cashback card which is a great deal.
Fun fact, my first hard disk was a 40GB Samsung, my first SSD was a 250GB Samsung and now my first NVME is also a Samsung :D

it was showing 100 less to renew. where is 250 cashback and is it on original or 100 less if you know

Till last month, it was showing 100 off for me as well if I renewed it before expiry. My membership expired on 1 October and I didn't renew it until today. So I paid the full 1,499 but got the 250 CB on that.

Untitled.jpg

I bought a prime membership voucher from gyftr last year which I cannot use, if somebody has an expired membership and wants renew before 27th Oct let me know, can give it you at 999.

Back