FS: Desktops AMD AM1 Sempron 2650 + Mini-ITX Motherboard Combos (3x MSI & 1x Biostar)

rsaeon

Patron
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Hyderabad
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Oct 31, 2015
Shipping Charges
Included in cost
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
None
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Downsizing
  • Product Name: AMD Sempron 2650 + MSI AM1i or Biostar AM1ml
  • Expected Price: 2500 per processor/motherboard combo
  • Shipping charges: Included
  • Manufacturer page URL: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/AM1I & https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=694
  • Description: Each combo includes processor, motherboard, heatsink/fan, i/o shield and a speaker.
  • Reason for Sale: Downsizing
  • Product condition: 8 out of 10
  • Purchase Date: 2015
  • Remaining Warranty period: None
  • Warranty available in: None
  • Invoice Available: No

• Shipping from: Hyderabad
  • Shipping to: Every Pin Code
  • Preferred courier: India Post
  • Payment options: Google Pay or UPI

22-12-20 Update
  • Added Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4GB DDR3
  • Sold 1 combo with MSI AM1i & Corsair 4GB to @jijojose79
  • Sold 1 combo with MSI AM1i to @ze_cook
23-12-20 Update
24-12-20 Update
26-12-20 Update

I have a somewhat unhealthy addiction to low power & mini-itx type systems, with over a dozen systems around the house - that's about a dozen too many these days. So, I'll be downsizing in the next few weeks.

These are low power, drawing around 10w to 20w depending on the power supply, and they have far more computational power than something like a Raspberry Pi.

The three MSI boards were used for Pihole, Home Assistant, FreeNAS and the Biostar one was used for a retro Windows XP gaming system. They're reliable, and I've tested them with 16gb.

Attachments

• sempron1.jpg
    sempron1.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 356
  • sempron2.jpg
    sempron2.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 340
  • sempron3.jpg
    sempron3.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 302
  • sempron4.jpg
    sempron4.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 285
  • sempron5.jpg
    sempron5.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 293
  • sempron6.jpg
    sempron6.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 283
  • sempron7.jpg
    sempron7.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 296
  • cpuz1.PNG
    cpuz1.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 281
  • cpuz2.PNG
    cpuz2.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 269
  • cpuz3.PNG
    cpuz3.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 294
  • vengeance.jpg
    vengeance.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Hey man, slightly OT, I also have a thing for sff builds, what case did you use them with and the gaming machine, was it able to handle emulators?

It's always been difficult to find decent and affordable cases for compact Mini-ITX builds here in India. A few years ago, PrimeABGB used to stock some nice Silverstone cases but those started at Rs 4000. There's a Cooler Master 110 that is sometimes available at around that price these days.

Before the GOI/Aliexpress drama, the Realan aluminium cases were a good option, paired with a compact PicoPSU-type dc-dc atx power supply & 12v adapter.

As for what I used, back in the days of eBay India there was a seller that specialized in thin clients, they were called Thin-PC or something. They had a liquidation stock of some HCL branded Morex T3410's at about Rs 1000 each. They also sold SATA Disk-On-Modules and those DC-DC ATX power supplies. I haven't been able to find that seller anywhere else online.

For the gaming machine, it was meant for Windows/DOS games from original Command & Conquer upto the GTA3 era. For that, it was pretty decent. I prefer Retropie on an Asus Tinkerboard for emulation.

Attachments

• firewall_v6-01.jpg
    firewall_v6-01.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 238
  • fileserver_v3+itx_cluster-25.jpg
    fileserver_v3+itx_cluster-25.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 216
  • gppc_v1-16.jpg
    gppc_v1-16.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 232
  • gppc_v1-17.jpg
    gppc_v1-17.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 250
It's always been difficult to find decent and affordable cases for compact Mini-ITX builds here in India. A few years ago, PrimeABGB used to stock some nice Silverstone cases but those started at Rs 4000. There's a Cooler Master 110 that is sometimes available at around that price these days.

Before the GOI/Aliexpress drama, the Realan aluminium cases were a good option, paired with a compact PicoPSU-type dc-dc atx power supply & 12v adapter.

As for what I used, back in the days of eBay India there was a seller that specialized in thin clients, they were called Thin-PC or something. They had a liquidation stock of some HCL branded Morex T3410's at about Rs 1000 each. They also sold SATA Disk-On-Modules and those DC-DC ATX power supplies. I haven't been able to find that seller anywhere else online.

For the gaming machine, it was meant for Windows/DOS games from original Command & Conquer upto the GTA3 era. For that, it was pretty decent. I prefer Retropie on an Asus Tinkerboard for emulation.
Thank you so much for responding with pics, they look amazing, I myself put together the Circle Lil for family office needs, but yes I have imported a Relan case from Aliexpress, the cases you have look good, presuming you are running them with Pico psu as well, would you be willing to sell 1 of the cases as well as a part of 1 set I may want to purchase to tinker?

Made payment for a MSI mobo + proc combo.
payment received, will ship out tomorrow. thanks!

Interested if any of the hardware (particularly the Windows XP build) can run Windows 98SE natively. Please let me know!
At this point, running 98SE in a VM would be better for compatibility. The AM1 platform wasn't intended to support Windows XP, but manufacturers like ASRock have made drivers available. People have used Windows Server with Hyper-V for virtual machines on these.

payment received, will ship out tomorrow. thanks!

At this point, running 98SE in a VM would be better for compatibility. The AM1 platform wasn't intended to support Windows XP, but manufacturers like ASRock have made drivers available. People have used Windows Server with Hyper-V for virtual machines on these.

Ah, well. The problem is that not many VM suites support Windows 98, and even if they do, there's no 3D acceleration which native hardware will provide. Thanks for your suggestions though.

Received the Combo in Very Very Excellent Packing, tested working fine....... Thanks
PM if you have wifi + Bluetooth card for this motherboard

Received the combo long back but was able to test today. Everything works as expected, came very well packed in mobo box wrapped in thermocol.

Back