CPU/Mobo AMD Bulldozer Discussion Thread

Noooooooo why didn't I turn deaf before hearing about this :S !!!!!

I think AMD is afraid Bulldozer is going to be a failure that's why they are neither releasing it nor giving out review samples.

Nahiiiiiiiii ye sunne se pehle mere kan fat kyun nahi gaye !!!!!

too filmy!

God AMD last thing they needed was this. They cant hope to compete with Sandy Bridge E, and if they release at that time, no-one will bother(everyone will see benchies and oMG another FAIL!)

Chill guys. I know its sad that AMD failed to deliver bulldozer at Computex, but were they really planning to release it by June. No, Bulldozer was originally slated for July and I am glad they backed out. I don't want another performance hit like TLB bug, better late than delivering half cooked product, with newer stepping they will have better performance and overall better response.

Just to make you guys chill

AMD Bulldozer "FX-8110" Scores 81917 in 3DMark Vantage CPU Test, Details inside

if BD doesnt deliver, what will happen to us rabid, raving AMD fans?
intel fanbois will assault us from every side, and we will have to endure them for another year

Oh you are gonna have to endure them for a few years more by the looks of things. Though I like intel products more atm I would really really like to see AMD compete on even terms.

rabid.parrots said:
if BD doesnt deliver, what will happen to us rabid, raving AMD fans?

intel fanbois will assault us from every side, and we will have to endure them for another year
The vultures are circling....!

Let us hope that the delay is worth it, and we get a nice product line refresh.

:)

yar but what about the price segment ??????

and are the fixed about this release this time ?????

and what about the mobo ?????

i was thinking of upgrading to new mobo :(

Isn't the high end ones only delayed.Entry level one will launch as said before states the article.

Why are people getting so crazy.Its always better to wait for the numbers.If its good wait or get intel as they will reduce the price no doubt.,if not that good than what options are left ?

yar but what about the price segment ??????
and are the fixed about this release this time ?????
and what about the mobo ?????
i was thinking of upgrading to new mobo :(

The 990FX Chipset Arrives: AMD And SLI Rise Again : 990FX: Socket AM3+ Meets SLI

Bulldozer production to Start only in AUGUST, Launch in SEPTEMBER: Reason for DELAY (below)

The long-awaited central processing units (CPUs) featuring the code-named Bulldozer micro-architecture are now fully-functional and work without flaws, according to a person who wished to remain anonymous. The problem with the delay of the AMD FX family of chips is that they currently cannot operate at truly high-speeds and thus cannot achieve performance levels that AMD wanted them to. As result, AMD will need to design a new stepping of the processor and therefore delay the commercial launch to September.

The currently available B0 and B1 stepping Zambezi/Bulldozer processors can function at around 2.50GHz/3.50GHz (nominal/turbo) clock-speeds and at such frequency they cannot deliver performance AMD considers competitive, a person with knowledge of the situation said on Monday. As a consequence, AMD needs to tune the design of the processor and create B2 stepping of the chip with better clock-speed potential amid similar thermal design power (TDP), which will take several months to complete. Therefore, the Sunnyvale, California-based chip designer will release its highly-anticipated Bulldozer processors for desktops in September, not in June, as planned.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...lock_Speed_of_FX_Bulldozer_Chips_Sources.html

Too late, Sandy Bridge E will make it look soo puny no body will notice it's launch.

Back