CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gp..._x370_and_b350_motherboards_have_now_leaked/1

swu1a12.jpg

If the 1700 CPU comes for, say, around Rs. 25k-30k and a decent mobo for around 10k (total under 40k) I will certainly be highly tempted to swap out my current Core i5-6500 (skylake) and H170 mobo! Drooling at those 8 cores at just 65w.

Waiting for the next batch of hexa core to replace my 8320, if these leaks to be considered then we can expect a good mid range processor at tempting price

If the 1700 CPU comes for, say, around Rs. 25k-30k and a decent mobo for around 10k (total under 40k) I will certainly be highly tempted to swap out my current Core i5-6500 (skylake) and H170 mobo! Drooling at those 8 cores at just 65w.
If at they beat the $1000 Intel Processors then they highly viable or else considering Indian pricing of AMD components they will go waste this time around also.

Yup, for gamers probably intel's i5 may still make sense (depending on real benchmarks when the CPU actually comes out in the open) but I'm more interested in power efficiency at idle/low load (some leaks say ryzen has strong per-core power gating) and MOAR COREs for stuff like code compiling.

Ryzen is giving tough time to intel. But I am more interested in how much it beats intel in ipc and per core performance. Not every program uses multiple cores and that too efficiently.
I don't understand why they went ahead with less number of PCIe lanes and only dual channel memory for 1700x and 1800x.

AMD has been using HBM for quite a time now and it would have been fantastic have it supported in cpu with future motherboard upgrades.

AMD has been using HBM for quite a time now and it would have been fantastic have it supported in cpu with future motherboard upgrades.

Not going to happen anytime soon because the tech is still new and it's still way too expensive and will bring prices up at a time when AMD needs to be competitive, we might see it in Zen+ APU's in 2019 probably.

Not going to happen anytime soon because the tech is still new and it's still way too expensive and will bring prices up at a time when AMD needs to be competitive, we might see it in Zen+ APU's in 2019 probably.

Either way, i really do hope they can integrate hbm. im very curious to see what an apu with hbm would be like. plus, the way vega accesses memory is also changed, quite possibly to make future hbm implementations possible/easier.
I'm no expert, but from what i understood of bulldozer based apus, their biggest achilles heel was memory bandwidth (at least a bigger bottleneck than single thread perf. imo) because they seemed to get a bigger perf. boost with faster memory than a straight-up overclock. (kinda defeated the purpose since an apu is cheap but hyperfast memory isn't)
what makes an hbm-vega-apu in India particularly interesting to me is that it could make the cost of gaming much lower because (as pointed out to me earlier) cpu prices are less inflated than that of gpu's in India.

That's asking for a bit too much, when was the last time we had a consumer cpu that did that ? The last time that happened was one of the Core i7 9xx iirc.
It's good enough that you can build a workstation off of this or you could just wait for Naples.

Yes, maybe wait for Naples that can support HBM.

HBM is entirely another chapter which will revolutionize PC Gaming altogether and AMD is the pathfinder in this concept.

So hoping they bring it soon.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11143...or-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd

The biggest x86 launch for AMD in five years is today: Ryzen is here. As always before a major launch, AMD gives a ‘Tech Day’ for relevant press and analysts, and through this event AMD’s CEO, Dr. Lisa Su lifted the lid on one of the most anticipated products in the semiconductor industry. AMD knows how to control the level of enthusiasm for its fans, and today is the end result, with processors going on pre-order from major retailers today at 1pm EST, ready for a general hard launch on March 2nd.

Ryzen 7 will have three CPUs to start, all having eight cores and supporting simultaneous multi-threading:
  • Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T, 3.6 GHz base, 4.0 GHz turbo, 95W, $499
  • Ryzen 7 1700X: 8C/16T, 3.4 GHz base, 3.8 GHz turbo, 95W, $399
  • Ryzen 7 1700: 8C/16T, 3.0 GHz base, 3.7 GHz turbo, $329

Back