CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

So who is going to be first on TE (in India) with a Ryzen build show-off ?! :D

I'll be surely picking up a 1700x, not getting too hyped until local pricing becomes clearer though.
If it's overpriced here I'll mostly end up with an 1800x sourced from the US but I'll have to wait until someone is on their way back.
AMD and Jim Keller's team surely deserve a pat on the back for pulling it off, I was only expecting them to match Intel but this is super disruptive. All the AMD haters and critics have been silenced.

Its good for those who do heavy multitasking not recommended if you only play games. Then again overall benchmark is still awaiting & indian pricing will be near 30k for the lowest one. I recently upgraded to 6700K thus I find it extremely stupid to jump again.Companies like these just bait half informed or low mentality guys who don't know what they actually want to do with their system.Thus those who have excess money & want to show off & those who really does heavy multitasking will get it If you have excess money then also you can get it. Nobody will give a damn here btw.

Last edited:
Companies like these just bait half informed or low mentality guys who don't know what they actually want to do with their system

Speak for yourself :p
No one on this site or thread is uninformed or getting it to impress strangers on the internet.
This is a godsend for at least half a dozen of my friends who can finally toss their Sandy Bridge CPU's out.

b2ecd960326f8905e060f6d96bd12b4ac161ff5a5234419d5c45b497c05baf92_zpsckegjj8m.jpg

Last edited:
Price has been increased on md. I guess this can be a placeholder or premium pricing for early birds. All in all great product to go for a build to last some years :)

IPC matching Skylake. Unlocked with xfr . Fastest 8 core at Half the price of the competition. Plus we got ryzen master software. Not suitable for gaming? Companies like these?
Read to understand NOT to reply. I said only those who play games its TOO much & not required. Only good for those who does heavy multitasking.
@psyph3r I spoke for myself & people like myself too. NOT for those who are stuck with ancient systems. Even then some of my friends just upgraded to 7700k because it was required not because they just wanted to upgrade. Do you expect people like them to jump again?
You go & have your imaginary fun no one is stopping you. Also complete benchmark or real tests are not out yet. Even the i7 will last equivalent to them. The only difference is price.

Do you expect people like them to jump again?

No one in this thread said anything about people with newer systems upgrading again, you yourself brought it up.
No one asked you to sell your 6700k and upgrade either.

You go & have your imaginary fun no one is stopping you.

My fun is real and so is your butthurt, one just needs to look at your post at the top of this page lol.
Why so salty man ? This is a win for consumers if nothing else, Intel will finally pull their head out of their arse and revise prices.
Stop assuming that anyone who buys a cpu is a "half informed or low mentality guy" or someone "who has excess money & wants to show off".
Right now you're just coming across as someone suffering from buyer's remorse, if you recently bought a 6700k knowing well that the competition finally had something up its sleeve, the only half informed person is you.

I agree with @psyph3r. I just upgraded my PC from AMD Phenom II 955BE after six long years to Intel core i5 6600k build. Yes, agreed I feel disappointed that I paid 30k just for processor and motherboard whereas I paid 15k for my earlier board and processor. So, there is no competition that's when Intel capitalised the situation and rised the prices virtually creating a monopoly for top end processors. Companies like AMD should provide cut throat competition so that prices are competitive. Finally which benefits the consumers.

Yes, agreed I feel disappointed that I paid 30k just for processor and motherboard whereas I paid 15k for my earlier board and processor.

I know that feel man but I learned that a long time ago, something better and faster is always around the corner so you can never be satisfied perpetually when it comes to tech.
You have to learn to settle down with what's available in your budget when you require it, you waited 6 long years anyways and going from the 955BE to the 6600k is a significant jump that you should be content with, that slight heartburn will be there because it's human nature :D
I'm an AMD fan (not a blind one btw, I'm typing this on a Haswell build) and even I didn't expect them to become this competitive, in fact a part of me expected another faildozer but it ended up being a good wake up call for Intel.

Haha :D I gotta get the new CPU first, who knows, maybe if you wait til this year-end? I'm waiting for India local pricing situation too.

Nope this year end I will be at same boat
I'm waiting Vega 16gb card.

Mod Edit: Please avoid SMS lingo

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, There is usually no point in going for the top end model just for a 200 MHz bump for 10K more. That 10K is better spent on some other component. 1700X will be the sweet spot for most users in the higher end bracket. As far as I can see, there is no additional advantage with the 1800X except the clock. I personally will be going for the 1800X only if its around 35~36k. Otherwise, I will go for 1700X. After my Athlon 64 purchase in 2004, this will be my AMD CPU purchase after 13 years.

With regards to AMD vs Intel, I think people are unnecessarily blaming Intel for the stagnation in CPU market when they should be blaming AMD. Its not Intel's fault that AMD could not keep up in last 10 years and offered no competition in most of the segments.. Frankly, there is nothing outstanding about RYZEN either. Its not like they left the competition in the dust. What they are still talking about is again coming close to their competition after so many years and offering a better value proposition for next few months or so till Intel comes out with something new.

As for why the stagnation, I said it before. Its not in Intel's long term best interests to leave their only competitor in the dust and blaze ahead. It would be a much worse situation for them to achieve complete monopoly than to face competition. The anti-monopoly laws could force Intel to split up or have other drastic consequences on their business. This is not about being lazy, they would have no choice but to slow down.

With regards to AMD vs Intel, I think people are unnecessarily blaming Intel for the stagnation in CPU market when they should be blaming AMD. Its not Intel's fault that AMD could not keep up in last 10 years and offered no competition in most of the segments.. Frankly, there is nothing outstanding about RYZEN either. Its not like they left the competition in the dust. What they are still talking about is again coming close to their competition after so many years and offering a better value proposition for next few months or so till Intel comes out with something new.
Have myself always been an Intel fan but I think Intel has missused its loyal customers always and intel believes in erasing the rivals than competing.

Back