CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

Its absurd and stupid to be loyal to a brand. So called "Loyal customers" exist to be taken advantage off whether they are loyal to Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Apple, Sony, Samsung or what ever brands. I know people who bought shitty Pentium 4 and Pentium D's when Athlon 64 and X2 were better buy's. It doesn't make sense. My motto has always been to buy what ever offers you the best value at the time. Even for my phone, I have no problem transitioning from Nokia, Motorola, Sony and Samsung to brands like Lenovo, Xiaomi, Le when they are offering a better product and value.

As for the other part, Intel doesn't believe in erasing their rivals. They only believe in erasing the competition while still keeping the rivals alive. As with every monopoly, they need rivals to keep the anti-monopoly laws at bay.

I know that feel man but I learned that a long time ago, something better and faster is always around the corner so you can never be satisfied perpetually when it comes to tech.
You have to learn to settle down with what's available in your budget when you require it, you waited 6 long years anyways and going from the 955BE to the 6600k is a significant jump that you should be content with, that slight heartburn will be there because it's human nature :D
I'm an AMD fan (not a blind one btw, I'm typing this on a Haswell build) and even I didn't expect them to become this competitive, in fact a part of me expected another faildozer but it ended up being a good wake up call for Intel.
I was always on the RED team, but maybe I thought I move to Intel and Nvidia this time and this is when RYZEN had to happen. I dont think I ll be able to sell at 70-80% of the cost. ATM, my purpose is normal computing and gaming. Other than that, I don't see a need to upgrade until and unless if AMD is offering something tempting like R5 series under 15k or even R3 Series under 10K.

I ordered both 1800X and 1700X. Will only keep one. That too provided by the time I get the proccy in hand and an ITX mobo is available. Biostar.... Looking at you.

For me Thermal performance is Pri 0. My cases are wee bit small.

Though I like the processor and always favored amd; I dont want to be a beta tester. I am gonna hold off for few months.

images.duckduckgo.com.png

I'll also be waiting til the end of the year before seriously thinking about swapping out my skylake for ryzen, to give enough time for any unexpected defects to be discovered - but partly also because I only "just recently" upgraded from a Core2 Quad Q6600 to skylake a little over a year ago. :D

Yeah, pricing seems to be better (at least than what I expected) with the 1700 at 26k and an ASUS B350-PLUS mobo at around 8-9k as examples - also looking at primeabgb.com here.

AMD has Risen...

No, AMD has Ryzen.

Damn, that was bad...[DOUBLEPOST=1488091364][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its absurd and stupid to be loyal to a brand...

This applies to politics, religion and hero-worship too i guess. Anyway, brands have good products and bad ones. Brands have good years and bad ones. You can be a fan of or 'loyal' to a particular product maybe because it truly is awesome. But blindly brand loyalty is just asking for punishment.

Well this has been long coming and I am too in need of an upgrade... Currently running in my Desk-PC is Asus Maximus Formula VII with Intel i7 4770k & 32GB RAM
Most of my components are out of warranty excluding the 7 Year warranty PSU. I usually don't keep my systems this long and usually change/ upgrade them each year. but intel seems to be slacking since the 2nd gen cpu's and hence my upgrades changed from yearly to every 3 years my system before this was i7 2600k & before that it was AMD Phenom X4.

So I am planning some modifications to my desk-pc and upgrade majority of the hardwares. I have not pre-ordered any of this because I am not for one to give into the "Hype" all we've seen online are details & benchmarks of engineering samples & not retail units so we all should be waiting for the real reviews after 2nd March.

These stupid Youtubers already milking off on Ryzen review kit unboxing videos without showing any benchmarks.... WTF !! :banghead:

Technically they aren't allowed to... they probably have NDA's till launch date.. nothing we can do... its common practice these days.

These stupid Youtubers already milking off on Ryzen review kit unboxing videos without showing any benchmarks.... WTF !! :banghead:
Technically they aren't allowed to... they probably have NDA's till launch date.. nothing we can do... its common practice these days.
But why release a review kit and not letting them review and share the results. At least they should be allowed to share the IPC benchmark :)
the NDA lifts on march 2nd.
and yes, it does restrict them from posting ANY performance metric. even clock speeds achieved.
as to why they do that, i don't know but i'm guessing this is so that people will actually tune in to capscain or so that some reviewers don't get an early bird advantage or rush their reviews.

Back