Android for 12K - 5801/x8/Spica

Hi Guys,

I m in process of buying a phone. I have decided to go for Android. I have narrowed my options in this order.

1. Samsung Galaxy 3,
2. SE X8
3. SamsunGalaxy Spica

Wat I wud like to know is ,

1. Is 5801 a good enough? How much WQVGA resolution will be a problem?
2. Will X8 be better than 5801? It has better Reso, Video Recording, but lacks a few features out of the box like video playback support, swype etc.

OR Will Spica with Mods will be a better choice?( lake of FM is problem though).

PlayPlus said:
Hey Kevin!

I am another satisfied Galaxy 3 user. Congrats on a fantastic purchase! :)

@dennis

The low res complaint is exaggerated and hardware-wise this phone beats X6 and the likes. I have not come across a SINGLE popular app so far that won't run on G3 coz of supposedly low resolution. It will not run 3D games, however, nor will it play HD vids, but you really can't expect that from a 12k device..For a normal day-to-day use, this smart phone is objectively the BEST available.
I agree. SO far I am satisfied. Touch response is superb and all the apps I downloaded r running quite well. I have used i-net on wifi and runs well. I am yet to put memcard, so I will be able to comment on multimedia and gallery features after that.

me and a friend of mine went to check out the Galaxy 3. he has an i7500 and i have a i5700, the galaxy 3 is physically smaller, and the screen is worse.

ui seems snappier though. if you want a smaller phone, and dont like the bulk of the spica, get the 3,

Back