Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few great paid apps I use...

Repligo pdf reader

SUFBS File manager

Taskiller (has a free version... but I paid for the full one)

Robo Defense (A tower defense game... very addictive) Also has a free version which is limited.

:( what is the next bets option. Not in terms of price but in terms of feature/price ratio.

I mean the best phone to buy without burning a hole in my pocket. Something like the HTC HD but only cheaper. Touch has to be good hence something with a resistive touchscreen.

Touch has to be good hence something with a resistive touchscreen.

Err, I think you meant capacitive touchscreen

Incidentally, the Spica has a capacitive screen

And if you can live without a qwerty keyboard is probably the best feature/price buy android available at the moment

Yes, I agree with that, if you are ok with the looks the Spica has all the features of some of the higher end Android phones, but with a extremely attractive price. There is nothing really that its missing and eclair 2.1 is as fast as the stock 1.5.

The search for a good GPS application ends for me.I got Sygic Mobile working on my spica .I am using maps from MapMyIndia and it works like charm it uses GPS only and not WIFI /GPRS :clap::clap:. There seems to be a problem with the UI but its not a big issue i am trying to fix it .I think its a bug.

PS : Sorry i can not post a guide here ,if any one wants it PM me.

as many android users would know the difference between using the limited Airtel Live and using Airtel MO

Can someone please confirm whether a recent offer 98Rs 2GB/month package(mumbai circle) suffices offers the same features as Mobile Office?

tcpip said:
as many android users would know the difference between using the limited Airtel Live and using Airtel MO

Can someone please confirm whether a recent offer 98Rs 2GB/month package(mumbai circle) suffices offers the same features as Mobile Office?

yup..am using the same pack and everything works fine on my spica :hap2::hap2:

i guys, Is it possible to retrieve the contacts/messages backed-up by SPBBackup into Android phone?

Up to last week i was using X1 and i used to take back up my contacts/messages whenever i install the new ROM(customized). Sadly last week my X1 got broken(fall down) :( and only i can receive calls now. Meanwhile yday i saw a deal in ebay for HTC legend and without thinking much ordered it one. Now the question is how to import all my contacts/messages from the backup file(SPB Backup) which i'm having in my microSD card?

Edit: I assume it can be solved by using SPB unpack tool.

Hello all Android users. I have been using DTC Dream aka G1 for quite a while now.

I know that this phone is from HTC series which was released in the following order

Dream > Magic > Hero > Legend

Also the specs say that all of these have the same screen size.

So, if I happen to buy a scratchguard made for Hero/Magic/Legend, can it be used for my Dream?

Thanks for your time

Unable to browse to the android market. It is stuck at TOS loading page. Tried a factory reset as well. Can connect to gmail, gtalk and facebook. Cant open web pages and android market. Anybody knows whats wrong? I see that apps are not available for India in the market. Is it because of that?

Renegade said:
I see that apps are not available for India in the market
Are you sure its not available for india? It may not be true,since i'm using it currently and i dont have any problem in browser also.

Have you tried with wifi(may be your mobile internet might be not good)? BTW i'm using HTC legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back