Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting my android phone tomorrow. The question I have is whether to use my primary gmail account to activate the phone and link to playstore?
I have actually opened a separate gmail account today to activate the phone and link play store since I dont want google to track everything I do in a particular account.
But after activating it with a separate account will I be able to use the gmail app to access my primary account by default.

Yes, you can make the Gmail and Play apps to access and sync your primary account by default.
Both support multiple accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Is it easy to manage?

The only reason for activating it with a separate id is that I don't want everything associated with my primary gmail id. Anyone else following the same with their android phones?

Definitely easy to manage Gmail, Contacts, Play apps (since the apps are associated with a particular account).

I wonder what all things do you want to associate with your secondary account.

Yes, you can make the Gmail and Play apps to access and sync your primary account by default.
Both support multiple accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely easy to manage Gmail, Contacts, Play apps (since the apps are associated with a particular account).

I wonder what all things do you want to associate with your secondary account.

Thanks. Just the Google play store with the secondary account.

Got the Huawei U8800 on friday (Froyo 2.2.1). The phone was pretty sluggish and Nenamark2 score was ~13fps (But it worked fine when i connected to my laptop's connectify)

Updated on the same day to official GB (Beta 2.3.5) and Nenamark2 score was ~ 26.7fps (But there was some issues connecting to my laptop's connectify. Temple Run was choppy at times)

Updated to Aurora ICS v5u16 today. Nenamark2 score soared to 36.2fps beating most of the sub 10k dual core phones like the MMX A110 and the Karbonn A9+/A21. But still there are some issues connecting to my laptop's connectify)

Quadrant shows the phone has only ~350MB of RAM. All the advanced task managers indicate only ~350MB of RAM. Out of this usually ~150MB-200MB is user available. The phone is supposed to have 512MB of RAM. Even if Android or the GPU reserves some RAM it should be visible in some of these advanced task managers right?

Seeing the performance difference with just OS changes it is pretty evident how we can get more out of the hardware with just better optimized s/w in the case of Android.

Would like to know the best offline calander app that doenst sync with any of the online accounts and doesnt require any online account to work. (Like good old feature phone)
Currently tried aCal and j2cal. It does the job but it is a bit dated in looked and functions. Any newer ones that are similar to that and also has a widget?

My friend returned from Australia and he had purchased the samsung galaxy s3 there. He used his google account which he had created long time back in India, with this device. He never changed the profile or anything in his google account to Australia. The problem is that he is now in India and is still seeing the Australian play store and app prices in AU$.
How can he change the prices to show in Rupees and also the apps which are available in Indian play store (like My airtel etc).

Just reiterating, he never changed his google account settings or profile to Australia and it was always India. Also before going to Australia, he had never used an android device in India so this is the first device with which his google account has been synced.

Guys, is it possible to block calls and be out of reach for those blocked numbers? Using apps sends them a busy tone as if i am having the phone in hand and I cut the call. Is it possible to appear as out of reach only to those blocked?

I wasn't aware that we could use our tablet/phone as a secondary monitor using Splashtop. To achieve this,
1. Install Splashtop Android app and the corresponding desktop app. (Google Play link)
2. Connect to your laptop using Splashtop.
3. Press windows key + P, and choose extend display.
4. Now, in your tablet, choose the "Switch Display" button in Splashtop.

Source: Reddit

Guys my LG Optimus Net is behaving weird these days. It seems to auto dial most of the times after I end an outgoing or incoming call. I tried factory reset which didn't help either.

Guys, is it possible to block calls and be out of reach for those blocked numbers? Using apps sends them a busy tone as if i am having the phone in hand and I cut the call. Is it possible to appear as out of reach only to those blocked?

Check Root Call Blocker. Few months back when I was looking for a similar App, I found that it was the *fastest* app to send a busy tone to the caller compared to other apps where your phone would ring for half-a-second and then send a busy tone to the caller.

Hey guys,
Requirements:- To be able to lock all kinds of messaging apps(default, WhatsApp) in android OS.
Phone:- Galaxy S Duos. Not sure about android version(should be ICS) ...was purchased during Christmas time last year; cousin sister's phone.
I found:- AppLock & SMSLock

Comments/feedback on these + other suggestions...all welcome.

Thanks

Please create a new thread for your specific needs. This is a very old and generic thread. Pooling everything into a single thread is counter productive on a forum. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back