Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using it since quite some time. Honestly, it's a good App but it makes more sense to use it on the iPad. Not that useful on smaller screens.

Any app to block phone nos. like black/whitelisting?
I am not going to job after this month's salary and for few days, I want to receive only certain numbers calls and block other numbers even if those numbers are in my contacts.

I am not going to job after this month's salary and for few days, I want to receive only certain numbers calls and block other numbers even if those numbers are in my contacts.

Which handset are you using ?

Some manufacturers have made this function available within the OS itself and you may not need an app. :)

My internal storage getting low day by day (lww). Moved most of the apps moved to sd card through link2sd. removed cache through app cache cleaner.
But still internal mem too low. just 10mb only.

Where is the culprit?

My internal storage getting low day by day (lww). Moved most of the apps moved to sd card through link2sd. removed cache through app cache cleaner.

Where is the culprit?

You need to find out which app and its data eating the space.

use avast mobile security

doubles as an anti theft software too
it has sms and call blocking

and of course the anti-malware part for what it is intended

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Where is the culprit?

Use TB to fing the app space usage...

btw use S2E instead for link2sd...
it can move data(cache) too to sd-ext

Have a query regarding the android phones that come with 16GB internal memory. Do these phones have 16GB internal memory (actually bit less) available for apps ? Or is there a primary memory of like 500 MB or so where apps are installed in internal memory and the other 16GB is for other storage and in addition to this we can have another storage in form or MicroSD card ?
Or the apps are installed on the internal 16GB memory which essentially means i would almost never have to use things like apps2sd or link2sd to move apps from internal memory to SD card ?

I have around 15$ to spend in Google Play.

Would appreciate some recommendations. First up is tapatalk I guess !

ROM recommdation for Motrola Photon.

Currently using CM9
Android Version

CyanogenMod version
9.0.-RC0-sunfire-UNOFFICAL

Build Number
IMM76D

Problem

Access point APN - diasppears every now and then .. restart is required to bring back..
video capture suck .
Random restarts

Enabled "Show touches - show visual feedback for touches" -> Developer options.
Because after a call or rendom texting .. there are more like 10 - 12 random Visual feedback touches in the screen.. same happens when mobile is in my pant pockets.
sometime these touches appear in the screen and clicks itself .. if any application is or option is availble it continues to click and navigate further..

Pls recomend a ROM or rolling back to Stock ROM (i never used)...

Which is the best Voice Navigation software for Android? The Ovi maps on Nokia 5800 was awesome but the google maps are less than useless because there is no voice. And I can't figure out how to turn on Voice on "Navigator".
And what happens to Avast Mobile security if the thief formats the phone? And does it slowdown the phone?

Avast has some options inside the advanced settings to prevent it from getting overwritten at the time of reflash. I have enabled it, but never tested to see if it works.

How do you guys manage sources on News aggregators like Pulse,Flipboard,Currents,Reader
For eg I use
Reader - For personal RSS like warez,movie/tv show releases etc
Currents - For the stuffs which i mostly read the articles too not just the feed like lifehacker, addictivetips etc
Pulse - the most used ...softpedia, cnet, ars technica etc...stuffs i just read the feeds not the articles
Flipboard - I have no idea how to use this effectively

And all of them are good in their own way (except maybe flipboard.. apart from an innovative way to browse news...it has got nothing)

So my question is how do you guys manage them all so as to use them effectively without repetition

Twitter lovers, this is must have app, its not an app but just twitter widget but very powerful and its free too :)

Falcon is a powerful *WIDGET* that brings a full Twitter client to your homescreen !* Read your Timeline without even opening an app
* Open links, images, videos and replies from any tweet in one tap - Fastest access to content ever !
* Tweet, Retweet and reply from the widget or the popups
* Access User profiles
* Get notified when a tweet mentions you (Expanded notification supported on JellyBean)
* Open any other Twitter app from the widget
* Customize your Widget :
- Dark, Light or Transparent Theme
- List or Grid Layout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qdi5mYWxjb24iXQ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back