android phone for 15k(for playing Temple Run)

thenga

Disciple

my friend,who is crazy about playing temple run, needs a android phone.

:yes:

1. Q: Budget?

A:15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: no idea!

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Like HTC

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Gaming(mostly Temple Run).

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: good internal memory

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

@thenga get a SONY XPERIA U ~16500/-.

If he is going to spend so much, might as well get his monies worth. Is your friend open to buying from eBay. If yes the SONY XPERIA Sola slips into your budget too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Temple Run deserves some credit it seems. :p

well, if its "only" for gaming, Pantech Burst is a good option. Available for ~7/8K @ ebay, got dual core. And ICS is also out.

his experiences with samsung products are not good, so he doesn't want to go for a samsung product

I don't get it how the Pantech Burst is related to SAMSUNG? Except as a competitor. Only thing is that he gets no warranty on the device.

Try to get the SONY XPERIA U / SOLA / go from eBay deals. Although again the warranty terms will be against him.

and as for the phone i think he should go for htc one v(the xperia u doesn't have a SD card slot)

The HTC One V is more expensive than the XPERIA U. And the hardware specifications are not as good, especially the single core processor and dated Adreno 20x series GPU.

he is planning of an iphone(used one) wat about that..he ha increased budget upto 20k

he is planning of an iphone(used one) wat about that..he ha increased budget upto 20k

- - - Updated - - -

wat if he buys an apple ipod touch 13500 priced flip-kart?
he already uses a nokiia 100 solely for texting and Nokia c5.03 as a started smartphone
if he buys an ipod how'll he carry all the three??? any solution.. ???
he seems to be attracted by the apple TEMPLE RUN playing experience

APPLE ipod touch 8gb ..
how is the performance?? will he get the same experience he played in iphone 4?

- - - Updated - - -

he just wants the temple run experience he had in iphone4..
just for that he's buying the phone
will ipod touch satisfy him??

APPLE ipod touch 8gb ..

- - - Updated - - -

A wilful waste of money that will be, just to play a 'damn' game.

AMD AppZone seems the answer to this quandary --> AMD AppZone - The best games and apps, powered by AMD.

APPLE ipod touch 8gb ..

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be smooth in iPod touch as well. Get one of the second hand iPod touch and be done with it. It'll be lag free too unlike an Android..!

It'll be lag free too unlike an Android..!

What makes you say so, my SONY XPERIA go runs it seamlessly, the U and Sola pack the same hardware, the XPERIA P even better (hardware-wise) so how can you prove this point.

Also, the phones allow him a lot more than an iPod which cannot be much use apart from Temple Run (and other games), using iTunes (to convert a FLAC library --> MP3) and watching videos (.MOV OR .MP4 only).

:) he's just crazy abt that game he's not gonna do anything other than gaming with a phone and texting

The day he gets bored of it, he will realize what a miserable device the iPod / iPhone (which-ever hand) is and I would rather avoid the situation.

And let me also bring out the fact that no iPod OR iPhone camera can hold a candle to current generation Android devices. And no 3G on an iPod either (correct me if I am wrong).

my friend,who is crazy about playing temple run, needs an android phone.

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Gaming(mostly Temple Run).

^^ What the thread started as. Where it is heading
View attachment 14764

Back