Android Phone For Development Max 20K

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys,

Due to unforseen circumstances, I have to buy an Android Device now. This one is partly for Development and partly for Daily Usage.

I dont want it to have great Music Qualty, as I already have a Clip+ for that..

I was about to buy the Omnia W or E6, BUT got an offer to do an Android App for a Company, and so need a Droid now.

Wont buy a recent release as Prices tend to fall soon.. (As has happened with my x10 Mini)

1. Q: Budget?

A: 15-20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: AMOLED if possible, else TFT or SC-LCD

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera min. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android with ICS(As Update)

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: All Covered

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Android App Development, Mail, Internet,Camera(once a while)

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: It should have a Slim yet Sturdy body. Battery Life should last through the day with Internet around 1 Hr, and Mail. 100 Messages all day, Calls about 30min.. Not so heavy..

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: None.

Not a G2x bro.. Sorry..
<

This was the cheapest i could find: O2x ebay

21,199/-

Wait for a few days for it to come in stock.

Flipkart, letsbuy, adexmart etc. all were having it for below 20k a few days ago. At least one should get it back in stock within a few days.

Dont buy in a hurry and make a decision you will regret for years.

I prefer with warranty buddy. Dont wanna risk 20K..

I will go again tom to Croma, to check the price. If 20k, will def buy it.. Else, will wait..

Can you suggest me any other phone?? Just as a backup

Stay away from Croma if you are going to make a purchase. Croma is best for trying out phones since it has the maximum number of working phone models on display(not dummy pieces). But their prices are highest in India.

Yeah,

But once you show them proof that the cost is actually low, they reduce price to that much..

I did it in past, with my LG TV. They Obliged and deducted 5K for TV.. Will try it again
<

Guys,

One last Question..

Right now the Defy is available on Flipkart..

The only thing that bothers me is the High SAR value.

Is it ok? The phone has a Great Dev Support and Battery life is just too good..

As for Development, I feel it is great.. What do you say

Yes, no harm in trying your luck. TV prices are usually reduced everywhere, but mobile prices are usually not reduced at large electronic retail stores. The Defy is a very good phone for development and SAR value shouldn't bother you since it has been repeatedly proven that it is safe and SAR is not a very accurate estimate of radiation, but you have a budget which permits buying of more powerful and futureproof phones. Dual core phones will keep you happy for at least 2 years while the Defy may seem outdated after a year or so.

Apparently. O2x is off stock everywhere..
<

I Tried the Galaxy R and O2x aty CROMA(Don't buy there.. They have both for 25K and 28K respectively)..

Felt Galaxy R was better,Faster and really LAG FREE, excluding Camera.(Cam is not of great Imp to me.. 5MP+ 720p will do )

Got the Galaxy R for 20.3K locally.. Phone is on its way Home
<

Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys.. A Mini Review/Show off is on the course..
<

Thanks to rhlravi for his timely help.. Thank you bro..

This will be my dev phone for 2-3 Years atleast(Don't think I need to change it anytime soon
<
)

also keen to buy O2X after going through the whole forum, specially for its dev support...

any place in Kolkata where i can get it under 20k or any online store with COD options, will buy it in a week ...

one thing i need to clear ...i have visited some of the "Mobile Store" chains here in kolkata, they saying that Lg has stopped its production ...is it true ???

Well.. It is apparently true.... LG stopped production of o2x... very sad :-(

I just bought the galaxy r.. Is just awesome .

Why don't you check it out.. I got it for 20.8 k locally with case and screen guard..

any place in Kolkata where i can get it under 20k or any online store with COD options, will buy it in a week ...

The cheapest O2x after my extensive market survey was for 22.5 k in Gariahat a month ago ... Dont know about its availability rite now ...

I just bought the galaxy r.. Is just awesome .

Why don't you check it out.. I got it for 20.8 k locally with case and screen guard..

Congrats on the buy !! 20.3k locally is good deal...

Even I plan to get Galaxy R ... Friends any idea about the cheapest option in Kolkata ...

For people still thinking:

Phone is too good, Battery BAckup is the best I have expereinced yet, Screen has great Sunlight Legbility, Call Quality is Awesome!!, No ISSUES so far...

1GB RAM is soon gonna be the min, even now. I see 460MB of my 724MB being used up(runnin about 20 apps simulataneously), so just go for it..

ROMs have started cropping up, First being the INFECTED ROM(check Xda- ofcourse)...

My Friend, who is a Neo V user, was down to 40% by eve, while I Still had 85% in my R..
<

And, he is gonna dump his Neo V soon, to buy an R...

Will update more in a week..
<

Back