Android phone within 22K budget..

anujgupta

Disciple
As the title suggests, looking for a new android based phone within a budget of 22K max.. Currently looking forward to the HTC Desire.. Reviews seems to be awsum, but I have doubt about
Is there any models from other brands which meet my requirements?? Please pour in your suggestions..

1. Q: Budget?
A: 22k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Anything

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: HTC, Nexus or Motorola

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 2.2

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G+Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HTC Desire

laemo said:
And Defy with its lower processor and lower overall specs is a better bet? OK :p
only glaring disparity according to me is the froyo update which will take some more time for DEFY.

defy's 45nm 800mhz omap cpu is very much comparable to desire's 65nm 1ghz msm8250. sgx530 gpu is much better than adreno 200 in desire. defy is obviously durable, waterproof and light.

so as far as I'm concerned the 4k more for the desire is just diminishing returns. but if you totally need to shoot 720p videos on your mobile, get the desire ;)
_

DigitalDude said:
only glaring disparity according to me is the froyo update which will take some more time for DEFY.

defy's 45nm 800mhz omap cpu is very much comparable to desire's 65nm 1ghz msm8250. sgx530 gpu is much better than adreno 200 in desire. defy is obviously durable, waterproof and light.

so as far as I'm concerned the 4k more for the desire is just diminishing returns. but if you totally need to shoot 720p videos on your mobile, get the desire ;)
_
FYI, there is 720p video recording hack for the Defy on XDA.

But it can't really play 720p perfectly yet. Let the devs there work on it some more ....

@ Above

Its not really a fixed price. Its anywhere between 22k ~ 26k.

as per the comparison of desire and desire z from gsm arena, shouldnt i go for desire bcuz the desire have better processor as compared to the desire z and hd video recording is also available with 2.2 andorid update.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i m also thinkin about motorola droid, if its available in INDIA?

DarkAngel said:
Even Defy provides good VFM :) Go with it
actually i was goi for DESIRE Z but its comin with a price tag of arund 25k

and motorola DEFY is comin with a price TAG of 19k

but i have little doubts about the motorola phns regarding the phn life, sound quality etc.

anujgupta said:
actually i was goi for DESIRE Z but its comin with a price tag of arund 25k

and motorola DEFY is comin with a price TAG of 19k

but i have little doubts about the motorola phns regarding the phn life, sound quality etc.
Actually the phone sells for 18.1k shipped from flipkart. Few members have managed to get it for as low as 17.5k :D Search TE a bit for the details

Audio quality seems Okish. This phone has a rugged build. So durability shouldn't be much of an issue with this i guess.

Motorola DEFY review: Drag and drop - GSMArena.com

Motorola Defy Price In India: Buy Motorola Defy: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

DarkAngel said:
Actually the phone sells for 18.1k shipped from flipkart. Few members have managed to get it for as low as 17.5k :D Search TE a bit for the details

Audio quality seems Okish. This phone has a rugged build. So durability shouldn't be much of an issue with this i guess.

Motorola DEFY review: Drag and drop - GSMArena.com

Motorola Defy Price In India: Buy Motorola Defy: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles
Main disadvantages of MOTOROLA DEFY!!!

* Android 2.1 is an outdated OS version

* Limited storage for installing apps

* No smart dialing

* No HD video recording

* No DivX video support out of the box

* Equalizer controls are not within the music player

* No secondary video-call camera

Back