Any aquarists here?

What filter to get for a 2feet tank? There's only 3 sharks and I'll also be upgrading to a bigger tank in few months.
The ones I get for 350rs don't work after 6-7 months so any reliable suggestions will be helpful. The reviews for Amazon ones are mixed, most being negative.

What filter to get for a 2feet tank? There's only 3 sharks and I'll also be upgrading to a bigger tank in few months.
The ones I get for 350rs don't work after 6-7 months so any reliable suggestions will be helpful. The reviews for Amazon ones are mixed, most being negative.

3 sharks in a 2 feet tank!:eek:

What's your budget?

Sobo top filter, don't get those internal ones. You can return the sharks to lfs and get small fish, those fish are not really aquarium fish (they grow very big and are prone to itch as they don't have scales). You'll need a very big tank to house them for their entire lifetime.

Last edited:
Sobo top filter, don't get those internal ones.
Which do you suggest, WP 3880F or 2880F or 1880F?

You can return the sharks to lfs and get small fish, those fish are not really aquarium fish (they grow very big and are prone to itch as they don't have scales). You'll need a very big tank tn house then for their entire lifetime.
We have thought of it but couldn't do it as they've been with us for so long.

for a 2ft tank the corner filters that need an air pump to function should be good. or else like suggested above, the hanging or hang on top filter would also be good as it would save you space in the tank. if opting for a power filter, try to get one which breaks the output flow through multiple holes. as the tank is not that big & if the output flow is high, then the fish tend to swirl around.

Share all dimensions, those fish don't mind strong current. Which one do you have right now?

My bad, get the DoPhin P808, it's better quality overall. Edit : Sobo is half price lol get the 2880. It'll be overkill for 2 foot but the sharks don't mind + if you'll use your old filter the 1880 might suffice too.

Last edited:
Share all dimensions, those fish don't mind strong current. Which one do you have right now?
Currently have this sobo one
SOBO Aquarium Internal Filter (WP-2200F | 20W | 1000L/H Upto 2.5 Ft Tank) https://amzn.eu/d/brrRg40
20230628_230225_(1).jpg

My bad, get the DoPhin P808, it's better quality overall. Edit : Sobo is half price lol get the 2880. It'll be overkill for 2 foot but the sharks don't mind + if you'll use your old filter the 1880 might suffice too.
Thanks, after taking the filter out i washed it and pressed on the fan/fins it was running then assembled the filter and turned it on and it wasn't working. After some beating and shaking it's running now, will consider getting the cheaper one now and later on get a bigger one for the new tank.

I usually have always had large fish tanks but of late was wishing to house a Betta in a small cube. The other evening I ventured into a local fish shop and this one Betta fish was housed in a really small bowl of sorts. It's such a pity how pet fish shops house Betta's in such small bottles and containers and in dirty water. It's so terribly awful to see. I did not delay and bought it home with me! Here is a small video of my new friend, I call her "Chini" (Sugar)...

He is in a 5 Gallon cube and I still have to get a nice background for the tank and a nice, soft artificial plant.

Last edited:
Back