Any aquarists here?

Any one from Mumbai, Andheri side, if interested, can pickup a basic aquarium of size: >20" long x 12" width x 14" height with top. Pls. PM me with your price [ which can be 40-50% of a new one :) ]

Wanted to clear off in 3 or 4 days...

Oh! Man what a bump!!

I recently got a 48" Long Aquarium....

It has been 4 months now... NO DEAD FISH... No cleaning yet... the water looks sparkling clean....

So wat else....

hmasalia said:
Oh! Man what a bump!!
It has been 4 months now... NO DEAD FISH... No cleaning yet... the water looks sparkling clean....

So wat else....
Wahts the point if you cant post the pics? :mad:
:mad:

~LT

hmasalia said:
Oh! Man what a bump!!

So wat else....

do u have any fish in it? :bleh:

i have to change water every 2 weeks...gets real dirty..

When I was in +2(2000) I used to maintain a small 1feet box...It used to cost100-300rs for the whole simple set.

Just after a day or 2, I brought the set, one of the fish gave birth to few babies, which were eaten by other fish very soon(I don't have any Idea that they will eat, else would have separated).

Recently after I got the job, i went to check the prices.. They just gave me a shock. A 2 feet tank was 6K and some better looking models were way over 10K. I came out of the shop.. as fast as I went in.

But looking at this thread.. I wanna get that joy back.

i think u checked out the moulded aquarium models...

the ordinary ones ..which are made by joining up the glass are relatively cheaper..

I had one aquarium long ago as well :lol: had only one wierd looking fish that grew from half an inch to about 4 inches in a 2 feet tank and lived for about 6 -7 years. after that never had the patience to get more fish

bottle said:
I had one aquarium long ago as well :lol: had only one wierd looking fish that grew from half an inch to about 4 inches in a 2 feet tank and lived for about 6 -7 years. after that never had the patience to get more fish

After that you Met saiyan, Big Fish :cool:

bumping a old thread, while i go thru this thread....i want some fresh ideas to get started....to begin with i just need a small tank with a couple of fishes in em...

@kumar : the guide u have posted on pg. 2 is amazing....thanks for the same.

G@d of w@r said:
I had a small turtle which lived in water as well as on air.. i loved them so much and they died in 6 months. we bought 6-7 of them and 2 at a time

How high could you push your turtle on air before you had to switch to water? XD
Sad that it died and you can't RMA it. :(

Sorry for bumping this thread

my friend is going buy fish tank 24X12

can you guys suggest some fish for it

Shopkeeper is saying that u can keep upto 16-14 fish in it...

My friend does not want that much fish in it...8-10 will do it

2X gold fish

1X Betta Which one ? how much does it cost ?

It is a PITA big time, cleaning out the tank. I let mine go. Had 12 guppies+gold fish for around 2 years. Now its an empty tank. Seriously do not have the time and energy to clean it out.

dont buy all fish at one time , go in batches , buy some angels , swordfish and zebra , then some local fish , i forget the name and of crse you need a sucker fish for cleaning .... buy all in pairs and not single , definitely dont put a betta or any hyper fish varities which will keep biting the tails and fins of others , along with them
you would need an air filter to keep the oxygen levels , get some plants , some stones , make some hiding places for them ,
at first get the water checked and make it livable then let the fish in :)

enjoy

ps get a betta and smaller tank to put separately

Thanks for suggestions

Will updated post when he gets fish

Right now we have order

Tank

Roof Top

light

Air filter

and some misc stuff like net...

Tank will be ready by tuesday

fill water keep 1-2days after that will bring in fish in tank...
kippu said:
dont buy all fish at one time , go in batches , buy some angels , swordfish and zebra , then some local fish , i forget the name and of crse you need a sucker fish for cleaning .... buy all in pairs and not single , definitely dont put a betta or any hyper fish varities which will keep biting the tails and fins of others , along with them

you would need an air filter to keep the oxygen levels , get some plants , some stones , make some hiding places for them ,

at first get the water checked and make it livable then let the fish in :)

enjoy

ps get a betta and smaller tank to put separately

Before you pour the fish in, let the plastic bag float in the water tank so they can acclimatize. The air filter will help keep the tank clean, it will have some sponge material which will soak up the dirt/guck. Once that cogulates --- quickly the tank will start to change color. Also if you use an air filter, keep it snug against the tank wall. If there is a tiny gap, the fish have a habit of getting stuck there, and subsequently dying. I lost a couple like that.

Photos

2 Black ghost

2 Red Cap

2 stupid Spark

5 platy

Frd said he will buy more fish later ....

img0600i.jpg

img0706w.jpg

img0712a.jpg

img0717n.jpg

^What size is the tank? guess 2x1x1

BGKF - Black ghost and the cat (whatever shark) are going to grow bigger than your tank. Golds/carps are pooping machines. Atleast have a sponge filter. Also google for nitrogen cycle and how to avoid new tank syndrome.

And dont buy anymore fishes. Your tank is already overstocked.

You better have a look at iah.in - Indian Aquarium Hobbyist forum. Its a very good place if anyone is getting into fish keeping

Back