Any experience with green soul executive/office chairs

If tilt isn't visible or measurable and still if you feel weight is shifting towards right then maybe there's a less cushion under the right bum.

If tilt isn't visible or measurable and still if you feel weight is shifting towards right then maybe there's a less cushion under the right bum.
Possible... I mean its a 3.5yo chair. So the thickness of the cushion might have reduced with time leading to tilt. I also have this habit of sitting crossed leg on the chair with one leg, causing extra load to be handled by the cushion/ seat base.

Last edited:
I ordered myself a Green soul superb chair at almost 9.5k (I know I overpaid). Green soul doesn't make these. They are simply white labeling generic chairs found in the market. Maybe they are testing these chairs and offering after sales service. That's it.

I went to many local shops beforehand but couldn't find this generic chair below 7k and nobody was giving any warranty. Cellbell is another white label business who also have identical catalogue to green soul. And it's also located in the same area.

During my hunt I learnt so many things about the office chairs. There are different tilting mechanisms. Center tilt is the cheapest and synchronous tilt is the most ergonomic. Some chairs can lock at any tilt and some don't. There are like 3 types of castor wheels. Upto 3 dimensional movement for the armrest.

Got my chair a few days ago. Took only 5 minutes to assemble but 20 minutes to unwrap the plastic. No problem so far. The chair is actually produced by Exclusiff and then white labeled by green soul. Only nitpick I have to pick is the hand rest can't be lowered enough and it kinda gets in a way while using mouse.

How low is your desk if this is happening to you? For my chair, my desk desk height is above the handrest (on lowest position) by about 4 inches.
Hand rest is at the same height of the desk. The girth of my forearms keeps rubbing against the hand rests.

Ideally, the hand rests could be lowered enough so they don't get in the way.

Hand rest is at the same height of the desk. The girth of my forearms keeps rubbing against the hand rests.

Ideally, the hand rests could be lowered enough so they don't get in the way.
I think the desk is not of appropriate height for a computer use with proper office chair. Does the handrest still reach the height of the desk if you keep your chair at minimum level using the hydraulic? If so then the desk is not ideal.

I think the desk is not of appropriate height for a computer use with proper office chair.
My hips, knees and elbows are all at 90 degree angle with feet sufficiently resting on the floor. So I think my posture is correct. If the posture is correct then desk height must correct too, right?

Does the handrest still reach the height of the desk if you keep your chair at minimum level using the hydraulic? If so then the desk is not ideal.
Yes. the chair barely has an inch to go before it bottoms out.

Do the handrests on your chair drop to your thigh levels? That would explain why you have 4 inch gap between handrests and desk.

My hips, knees and elbows are all at 90 degree angle with feet sufficiently resting on the floor. So I think my posture is correct. If the posture is correct then desk height must correct too, right?
Not necessarily.

Yes. the chair barely has an inch to go before it bottoms out.

Do the handrests on your chair drop to your thigh levels? That would explain why you have 4 inch gap between handrests and desk.
I can't tell the measurements using my thigh cuz that may be different for you. So from the edge and top side of the cushion the armrest top measures about 7.3 inches (18.5cm) when it is not elevated at all.
Top surface of the desk is 4 inches above my belly button (this may differ person to person) and my hands always rest on the desk and not on the chair's armrest because my chair's armrest can go under my desk.

My desk is at the height of my belly button. I think you are making an acute angle at the elbows.
Well I really don't know but it definitely differs from person to person. My desk is 31" tall from ground to top surface. If yours is smaller than 28" then you might have an issue with the armrests.

Well I really don't know but it definitely differs from person to person. My desk is 31" tall from ground to top surface. If yours is smaller than 28" then you might have an issue with the armrests.
Mine is at 27 inches. And I still feel like I need to lower it another inch because my new keyboard is like an inch taller.

Mine is at 27 inches. And I still feel like I need to lower it another inch because my new keyboard is like an inch taller.
1655144379146.png

27" is really where the armrests are on the chair. At least for me.

30 inch or even 28 would not be ergonomic for me if I want to maintain right angle at the elbows.

If you see correct posture images for computer chair, you'd see we are supposed to maintain right angle at the elbows and that lowers the desk height to belly button for everyone.

I am planning to buy a chair for home office use and gaming after office hours in the near future. Will be sitting for 5-6 hours per day. I need a chair that tilts at least 135 degrees.
I suffer from coccyx pain so use a cushion designed for relief from that. So, whatever chair I buy, the cushion goes on top of the existing seat.
Don't have a lot of money to spend so looking for chairs below 10k. Came across a few models from green soul.
Anyone here has any experience with these chairs?
What is the build quality and after-sales service like?
Also, what might be the difference between chairs that have a price difference of 500-1000 rupees. Based on their descriptions and features, they seem the same. Could it be a difference of the material used?

E.g. of a chair I looked at
I came across few workstation chairs for office use from officemate. I asked the price of Meteor high back they said around 9k including GST which has lumbar support, Foam upholstered fabric seat and chrome base. Just check it out, may helpful.

I did 3 modifications with my chair.

1. Drilled 2 new holes (in green box) on the metal bar where back is screwed to the main chair. Original holes are in the red box. Benefit > the back rest has moved 1 cm further back. So usable area on the seat increased. Better thigh support.

Screenshot_8.jpg

2. (Green arrows) Added an inch thick hardwood blocks between handles and the main platform. Benefit > Hand rests are now low enough to not rub against forearms while typing or using mouse.

3. (Redbox) Added a 10mm lipping patti between main platform and front of the seat. Benefit > Much much better thigh support. I no longer have feeling that I'm slowly slipping off the chair. Added thigh support forces makes sure that lower back is always pressed against back of the seat.

Screenshot_9.jpg

All in all, I'm very happy with new modifications. I was simulating these workarounds in my mind from some time and now glad these all worked as expected. I'm very well supported and it feels like chair is hugging me better. There's no loss on structural strength. These look janky now but once the monsoon is over, I'll take them off, will cut and paint them so they look the part.

Modification #3F6A

For a change I swapped right and left handles.

Untitled-1.jpg

It's more desirable now.
1. No issue when I want to rest the hands.
2. I can go further inside the table. Less distance from the computer helps the posture.
3. Hand rests are much more usable in fully reclined setting.
4. I can now comfortably sit in this posture:
33.jpg

I'd suggest everyone to make this change and see it yourself. All you need is 5 minutes and the allen key which came with the chair.

For a change I swapped right and left handles.
I might try this one not because I can't sit cross-legged (I can) but because my custom-made desk has a huge ass drawer which blocks my chair from being too close to the desk itself due to the handrest blocking it even if it's pulled to farthest back position.

About the changes you did to the baseplate of the seat those seem like they'll void the warranty for sure. Also in the green box in the first pic the left side hole is too near the original screw holes and IDK if the material is strong enough to bear the friction wear on the thin gap you left in-between new and old screw holes. Looks like it might wear out and break with time.

Also I don't feel like slipping from the chair at all so IDK why you needed to lift the front of the chair base so much. Maybe there's a manufacturing defect.

Also in the green box in the first pic the left side hole is too near the original screw holes and IDK if the material is strong enough to bear the friction wear on the thin gap you left in-between new and old screw holes. Looks like it might wear out and break with time.
The steel is too thick to cause any problem. It took me more than half an hour to drill one hole. Plus steel insert of back rest is also very thick. Both of them locked together with 3 bolts won't cause any friction or wear and tear.

Back