Any interesting Comedy/Detective series

You should first list all the series you have already watched so that people don't end up recommending the same stuff that you've already watched.

Hi,

I am looking for comedy/detective series recommendation.

Detective: Mentalist, Suits.
Comedy: Friends, HIMYM kinda series
Crime/Thrillers: Prodigal son, Hannibal, White collar, Deception, Forever, Jack Ryan.

Comedy: Malcom in the middle

Suits - First season was best and after that it became repetitive but you can still watch and enjoy. Watched whole series and it was good
Jack Ryan - Yes for sure

Check Ozark, Motherland Fort Salem, Mirzapur, Narcos, Lost in Space, Chernobyl, Delhi Crime, House of Cards, Scam 1992 the Harshad Mehta Story, Space Force ... mixed category but these are all good shows

Last edited:
Resident Alien Season 1 was pretty good, as a hotchpotch of multiple genres - detective, comedy, scifi, drama .. looking forward to the next season.
Currently watching Only Murders in the Building, .. a decent detective comedy ..
You can find more in the broader thread -

Hi,

I can suggest only detective series more in tune of espionage
Spy city
The assets
Pine gap
London spy

More will be added later to this post soon.....

Not exactly a thriller but liked Sneaky Pete.
Another series ( my all time favourite) Nurse Jackie, the most realistic portrayal of hospital / healthcare related series ( the ending is heartbreakingly beautiful)
Absolutely over the top thriller " How to get away with murder", the first 2 seasons are good.
Thriller or not, would request anyone to watch Nurse Jackie, don't know if it's available in Netflix or not, but you know where you can get all the episodes.

Underrated!!?? Everyone I know has watched Mentalist. But yes, it is pretty interesting. Simon Baker got his due recognition with Mentalist.

Hi,

Detective: True Detective (S1 very good, rest of it meh... good thing is Seasons are not related to each other. Every season is different story)
Comedy: Two and a half men, Silicon Valley
Kinda both: brooklyn nine nine

Last edited:
True. Somehow I feel Mentalist is the most underrated one. Typical detective episode along with long standing Red John case made it really entertaining.

Detective Series

Derrick
Inspector Morse
Sherlock
Endeavour
Midsomer Murders

Comedy

'Allo 'Allo!
Dad’s Army
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
Only Fools & Horses
Fawlty Towers

Last edited:
Hi,

Crime thriller : Elementary (modern day Sherlock), Castle (police + non-police duo combo - like Mentalist, Bones etc)
Comedy: Modern Family

Back