Any Netflix Account sharing groups on TE ?

End of an era.
Fact that their subscription count increased by 6 million after the clampdown in US/UK just validates their strategy. All the angry internet talk of boycotting Netflix was just that it seems, just like Reddit, so companies will basically keep ignoring user outrage going forward.

Fact that their subscription count increased by 6 million after the clampdown in US/UK just validates their strategy. All the angry internet talk of boycotting Netflix was just that it seems, just like Reddit, so companies will basically keep ignoring user outrage going forward.
Need to see long term active users because they're still offering 1 month trial init
Saw a vid where after this implementation the cancellation % also increased but signup grwoth % was higher so as of now this move has been working out fine

I believe the reaction in India isnt going to be similar in terms of increase in number of subscriptions after clamp down...
We have pretty cheap unlimited Internet and accessibility and control over Warez sites and torrents is next to nil... Instead of bowing down to the pressure, indian netizens would surely try to make do with the downloads first...

As it is Netflix releases all the episodes of a TV show together and in less than 24 hrs everything is available online in x264 and x265 encodes easily..
Movies aren't released that quickly either on NF, the Web-dl of almost all the movies either hit simultaneously or before they hit Netflix.

Lets see...

I believe the reaction in India isnt going to be similar in terms of increase in number of subscriptions after clamp down...
We have pretty cheap unlimited Internet and accessibility and control over Warez sites and torrents is next to nil... Instead of bowing down to the pressure, indian netizens would surely try to make do with the downloads first...

As it is Netflix releases all the episodes of a TV show together and in less than 24 hrs everything is available online in x264 and x265 encodes easily..
Movies aren't released that quickly either on NF, the Web-dl of almost all the movies either hit simultaneously or before they hit Netflix.

Lets see...
I disagree . I believe reaction in India would be similar because mostly people with money use Netflix and they don’t know or have the time to download from wares site . They want each and every movie to be readily available to watch whatever and whenever they want

I disagree . I believe reaction in India would be similar because mostly people with money use Netflix and they don’t know or have the time to download from wares site . They want each and every movie to be readily available to watch whatever and whenever they want
If as you say so called *Prople with money*.. Then they are not sharing it outside household already and it doesn't affect them...
I personally don't think it's the question of Prople with money or not, we over here at TE share it as no one needs 4 concurrent streams in the household generally... Compared to all other ott subscriptions NF ''s charges are very high per month hence people might decide to look for alternatives initially...
It remains to be seen, how many would continue or resort to downloading.

If as you say so called *Prople with money*.. Then they are not sharing it outside household already and it doesn't affect them...
I personally don't think it's the question of Prople with money or not, we over here at TE share it as no one needs 4 concurrent streams in the household generally... Compared to all other ott subscriptions NF ''s charges are very high per month hence people might decide to look for alternatives initially...
It remains to be seen, how many would continue or resort to downloading.
They already share outside household to their friends . All my friends have shared accounts which they don’t pay only borrowed

Even i am sharing with my friends. One thing we noticed is if we use this in TV then we are facing issue. but if we use it in Mobile or PC, its working.

Not sure if it's the same for others.

Even i am sharing with my friends. One thing we noticed is if we use this in TV then we are facing issue. but if we use it in Mobile or PC, its working.

Not sure if it's the same for others.
The same household check is based on IP address and device type. TV is a stationary device so may be its IP changes are flagged more often. Mobile devices have to connect to the home network every 30 days or so, so they are not flagged that often.

Not sure about the PC though, may be it is treated differently if you use it through a web browser.

The same household check is based on IP address and device type. TV is a stationary device so may be its IP changes are flagged more often. Mobile devices have to connect to the home network every 30 days or so, so they are not flagged that often.

Not sure about the PC though, may be it is treated differently if you use it through a web browser.
So this is it then.. Bye bye Netflix!!!!

Will Netflix crack down help Jio? Jio has already collaborated with HBO and Warner Bros Discovery. They also moved substantial subscribers base from Disney hotstar during the recent IPL.

:D guys hold your thoughts.
NF is about to raise next round of funding this drama is all about that, to inflate the valuation. Plus multiple factors.
if happens, its self-destruction button for NF.

you are correct, in non-metro average income (low) of indians are Rs.8080/- per month as per govt's 2022 data. that is probably 1-day minimum wage of US/UK.
> A person working in India typically earns around 31,900 INR per month. Salaries range from 8,080 INR (lowest average) to 143,000 INR (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher).

Handful of Wolf Guptas and Sharma jee ka lundas earning 2cr wont make NF rich in India.

Looks like netflix group sharing is doomed..

IMG_3311.jpeg

Will Netflix crack down help Jio?
comfortable spending rage for india is below 200 per month, this is the reason prime has 5x the userbase in india.
Jio is up for serious business, and is about to take away a large share of amazon customer soon.
While Amazon is planning to be a platform rather then content provider we have to see how things unfolds. but Jio's graph is going upward no doubt.
but don't expect the broadcast quality of NF from Jio, not in another 100 yrs.

jellyfin+jackett is the only future :) for mobile users just telegram

Last edited:
Back