Any Netflix Account sharing groups on TE ?

W

Won't resetting the "Netflix Household settings" affect other already signed in members?
No. You are not going to reset the account. The administrator has to open a new gmail account and share the credentials to other members. The administrator has to set forward any emails received from Netflix to the new gmail account where the credentials has been shared with other members. Whenever the Netflix Household settings is received on TV for any member he has to choose the email option on the TV to reset the account. There will be an email from Netflix on the gmail account for resetting the Netflix Household settings.

No. You are not going to reset the account. The administrator has to open a new gmail account and share the credentials to other members. The administrator has to set forward any emails received from Netflix to the new gmail account where the credentials has been shared with other members. Whenever the Netflix Household settings is received on TV for any member he has to choose the email option on the TV to reset the account. There will be an email from Netflix on the gmail account for resetting the Netflix Household settings.
There is even more simple solution which works better and doesn't have risk of getting other members having the same issue after one of them decides to update the household.
Your way will be a cat and mouse game with every member fighting for setting their household as "netflix household" and then other members will get the same issue.

1699075734479.png

As per above snip I've taken directly from Netflix's docs, you can easily exploit this bypass they have given you officially by setting up a local VPN server on a small device like Raspberry Pi at the account owner's home (or someone from the group who can do it should have their home as Netflix household).
Then all you (other members) need to do is have your mobile which has Netflix connect once a month to the VPN of the member who's the account owner (actually, Netflix household) and play some movie/show for a while to trick netflix that your mobile is in the household. After that you can disconnect your VPN and connect to your home's wifi normally which also has your TVs connected on the same network and play some movie/show again on your mobile to trick netflix that you're travelling. By doing this TVs should start working again.

I wonder if this can be patched or not since it'll be hard to as they can't enforce this on mobiles due to their nature of being able to carry with you. The app can be made to detect VPN connections but that will trigger an entire other bunch of users who use VPN to bypass geo-restrictions.

Last edited:
Travelling option isn't showing nowadays I guess. I was having issue with one of my group. We couldn't work the TV login without household reset which I was hesitant to do. We lost a member.

There is even more simple solution which works better and doesn't have risk of getting other members having the same issue after one of them decides to update the household.
Your way will be a cat and mouse game with every member fighting for setting their household as "netflix household" and then other members will get the same issue.

View attachment 182076

As per above snip I've taken directly from Netflix's docs, you can easily exploit this bypass they have given you officially by setting up a local VPN server on a small device like Raspberry Pi at the account owner's home (or someone from the group who can do it should have their home as Netflix household).
Then all you (other members) need to do is have your mobile which has Netflix connect once a month to the VPN of the member who's the account owner (actually, Netflix household) and play some movie/show for a while to trick netflix that your mobile is in the household. After that you can disconnect your VPN and connect to your home's wifi normally which also has your TVs connected on the same network and play some movie/show again on your mobile to trick netflix that you're travelling. By doing this TVs should start working again.

I wonder if this can be patched or not since it'll be hard to as they can't enforce this on mobiles due to their nature of being able to carry with you. The app can be made to detect VPN connections but that will trigger an entire other bunch of users who use VPN to bypass geo-restrictions.
It is possible to do set up a OpenVPN server on most Asus and custom firmware routers as well, saving additional costs. However, the account owner is taking a risk here. If someone connects to the owner's VPN and messes about on the web, it is the owner's IP address that will get logged.

You really need to trust the other members to not misuse it. You could switch on the server only when needed but that means manual management of the network.

Lastly, Netflix can easily track this through latency or by pinging when the VPN is inactive, so can be blocked if they are inclined to.

Anyway, Nordvpn built a service around this.

Anyway, Nordvpn built a service around this.
I'm using exactly this in my group but didn't want to share this as it's a completely third party service.
Besides, if you really do want to find methods to bypass the check there are plenty YT videos describing how to use this or tailscale to do achieve the same.

sharing won't work for tv's due to household restriction You need to buy seperate subscription. Read more about it
Don't know if they have made any changes in their policy but earlier got a slot in @t3chg33k Netflix account and had no issue, in fact i have used it on TV as well as cellphone, never had any problem

Don't know if they have made any changes in their policy but earlier got a slot in @t3chg33k Netflix account and had no issue, in fact i have used it on TV as well as cellphone, never had any problem
for me when i tried to use in tv(using firestick) for 1-2 days it worked great but just now got the household thing message now I cant use,
No workaway found till now How are some of you guys using without this problem didnt you get the message?

Looking for a TV slot. Please DM if available.
looking for a TV slot. Dm me if anyone has it.

( once i get i can fit someone in my current group as non-TV slot)
TV slots are not without headaches. Basically non-existent unless there are some workarounds followed by the members. Even then from time to time Netflix can detect and bother again.
Read a few posts above for why and how...

1 slot for non-tv available.
Can work with TV also most of the time as I have VPN methods to bypass the check (only needed to connect once a month) but no guarantees.

Need to pay 3 months in advance.

EDIT: solt claimed

Last edited:
Back