Any reviews of PPOBox.com or iShopInternational?

How different is this from SnS; or better/worse...? I would like that candid comparison. Though the above summary you put in, is nice and good.

I haven't used SNS, so can't comment but from what I read on the forum, their service has degraded, leading to delays.
But don't take my word for it. Talk to someone who has actually used their service recently.

Can someone tell me how the "Track Packages" work in PPOBOX?
It only shows Origin - US Address, To - Delhi (India address) and nothing in Status or service.
@varkey

Last edited by a moderator:
Varkey - Can you please let me know what should be item category for tablets? I don't see it listed in item category drop down.

If we get 7" tablet then can I select category as mobile phones so that duty is 2.06%?

PPOBox gives a NY address, where tax is charged. comGateway gives a Oregon address which is tax free.

Why some people here still prefer PPOBox? Anyone imported through comGateway to India yet? Need your inputs.

I have got through comGateway - details in the dedicated thread. Overall good experience, though I might not use them unless I have a heavy shipment as for sub-500 gram packs, they are expensive

ICCworld / PPObox and Shop Your World are all the same thing with different names and handled by Bombay Courier Company . I initially had a Aramex Shop and Ship account which was good but after a point their service got really irregular and even the customs duties was being charged at a much higher value than the purchased price by the Customs department on the basis of - self assessed value.

ICC/PPO on the other hand gets the custom clearance done in bulk so the amount is always close to what is expected . :).

I am currently opening a Professional account with PPO Box since me and my friends etc keep ordering something or the other from US - so incase someone needs to get any mobiles or other purchases forward to India at cheap prices , they can contact me . Pricing is 2-4 $ lower than their normal rates .

If u don't have a credit card then the ishopinternational buy for u also.
Is there any other shipping co. offer the same service?

Update: PPO-Box mumbai has changed its daily cut-off time from 17:00 to 15:30
So once they have your package and you pay them before 15:30, your parcel should get sent to you the same day, otherwise the next working day

I received the phone yesterday and very happy with their service. Charged the same as quote.

Just now I have ordered for a phone shipment on PPObox. They have quoted 1,334.95 INR for both shipping and . Till now conversations I had with PPO box guys have been trustable. Will keep you posted how it goes.

Hmm they're quoting 10USD as shipping charges. Plus the 10USD for the account. They're not mentioning the customs/duties etc. though.

Why do you say it'll be worth the money? Is it that much better than all these other services?

10$ - Registration charges (One Time)
10$ - Shipping fees (Upto 500 grams)
2.06% duty (on mobile phones)

[350$ + 10$ (Shipping fees) + Insurance (SNS Offers it)]*2.06% = customs duty

Sum them up and you have the landed cost :)

- - - Updated - - -

I received the phone yesterday and very happy with their service. Charged the same as quote.

Did you pay them online or COD (For customs and shipping charges)

- - - Updated - - -

1 - Register on PPOBox.com
2 - Calculate an approximate quote using their calculator, if you're okay with it proceed further.
3 - Create a shipment on ppobox.com by filling up the form, make sure all information is accurate. Leave the tracking information right now, come back and fill it up when you receive it. Enter the actual product price here, exclusive of shipping and tax.
4 - Note down the shipment address as provided by the ppobox website, including the unique package id
5 - Buy whatever you want from where ever but when you are entering the shipping address you got from ppobox, remove the 'PPO Box' from the address, just put #(Box number)-(Unique package id)
6 - When your product is shipped, go to the ppobox website and enter tracking information in the form you had filled up earlier. Call their indian helpline to confirm they have the updated information
7 - You'll get a confirmation from ppobox when they receive your package in their NY office. They usually ship it the same day they receive the courier.
8 - When it reaches here, you'll get another email with the actual quote for the shipping, handling, insurance and customs.
9 - Pay this and they'll ship your product to you.

Once they receive your package in their NY office, it usually will reach you in 4-5 days assuming, you pay them the same day you get the quote. Hope this helps

You pay ppo guys via? Cash/check/paypal/cc?
I prefer something that doesn't collect any cash on delivery :), everything prepaid.

Can someone who has bought a nexus 4 through comgateway, give me the exact price paid?

I am buying a Nexus 4 16GB through PPOBox.com. The total amount I am paying is:

Nexus 4 16GB: 349$
Shipping: $13.99
Tax: $32.22
Shipping through PPOBox: $23.70 (using a conversion rate of Rs. 54.85 per USD)
Total: $395.21 + 23.70 = $418.91

How much would I have paid if I had shipped it through comgateway? Just want to get an accurate picture of how much I lost out on.

@windhawk91

Probably you didnt have to pay the tax with comGateway.

I have ordered a Nexus 4 16GB through comGateway.

I have made a payment of 349 USD (Phone) + 13.99 USD (Shipping) currently to Google.

Now waiting to be shipped from Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back