Any senior member from Mumbai ready to represent TE for a product launch today?

Alright!!

Here We are.

The XFX Event Highlights:

Product Launch:

Launching 5series in India along with good old HD4670 in the lineup

Graphic Cards Being Launched:

HD5970

HD5870

HD5850

HD5830

HD5770

HD5750

HD4670

Most Products will be normal stock clocks and XXX Editions.

They also boasted about having the World's 1st Single Slot HD5770

Although i do not see the necessity of the same so late.

And ofcourse, The Big Gun of HD5970 4GB was also showcased.

All GPUs will be immediately available with RashiPeripheralsTech This Quarter itself!!

Apart from GPUs, XFX is also Launching Their PSUs

PSU Being Launched:

XFX 850W Black Edition Modular (As pictured before in this thread)

XFX 750W Black Edition

XFX 650W XXX Edition

Rashi Will be supplying PSUs from next Quarter. As of the present, they have only imported Test samples for each of the PSUs. Someone over TE will soon be getting The same for Testing :)

As per Rashi and XFX, 70% of the current market for GPUs in India lies under Entry Level.

25-26% in Performance Segment and less than 5% in the Enthusiast Segment. This information was given Hesitantly after a marketing gal asked for what kind of market does the HD5770 and above would have in India.

Things were very positive as they explained Viral Marketing and how XFX is proud to having that famous amongst the Enthusiast, Demonstrated by a video on youtube which clearly was a work of professional cameramen rather than noobish cell fone cams that a teenager enthusiast may have.

I mean, what sort of Idiot labels their secret weapon package by its actual name? (skip over to 2:40)

They claimed it was work of The Fans, which clearly is not.

After That they showed a video of their previous launch party.. There all Marketing people were having some party time in Formal outfits.. I surely learnt a few things about marketing yesterday.. :p :)

Lastly, some weird questions by the audience..

Q. How did you manage to get the Gun past the Airport Security..?

A. We showed them what was inside.. Moreover The Gun looks like those Toy Guns children use in Holi. So it was not an issue..

(The prospective Buyers of this card will be very pleased to know about how the Plastic Gun was in terms of the build Quality :rofl:)

Q. How did you manage to get the "special" card get past the Customs at the Airport.. ?

A. Mam, these are proper legal imports. All taxes are paid.

:p

Q. What is Single Rail?

A. It is something that is not Divided. (Well ofcourse.. The word is Single, any moron would know that).

See the Power Supplies currently in the market do not deliver exact amount they advertise... This 850W can deliver upto 90% of its capacity. (lol what a contradiction :rofl:)

Then he began explaining how their PSU is 80 PLUS Silver certified and how the efficiency is.. The maximum was ~90% and may be that is how he calculated how much power it can deliver at max... :rofl:

After that the other guys from their Team began explaining how efficiency actually work..

He says, "Mam, most 300-350W power supplies in the market at 40-50% efficient.. which means that they can only provide upto 150% in real time !!!" (I was flattered)

The last part of the Event was to Express how cool XFX is with the special XXX and Black Edition Branding... Although he was stressing the term XXX making some what interested face while talking to one of the marketing chic. :p

Well that is all i remember rightnow..

will add more to the afternoon news if something pops into my mind :p

PS: One thing I realized that XFX is done with nVidia it seems..

They were praising AMD left right front n back..!!

I wish next time on TE we had a shoutbox so that we could also do some sledging to the one keeping a secret. ;)
EDIT the topic i said seems irrevelant now since i did not read the last post.

Lamers! They thought the 4GB 5970 was a first for the GPU industry. :|

Did you not ask them about the Asus Ares and Sapphire Toxic 5970 4GB?

Desecrator said:
Lamers! They thought the 4GB 5970 was a first for the GPU industry. :|

Did you not ask them about the Asus Ares and Sapphire Toxic 5970 4GB?
yup i did..

but shripad cleared that xfx was indeed the 1st one.. they came up with it in December but launching it this late :|

although if you missed it in the last picture post..

They claimed that there were only 1000units made. by XFX..

after i mentioned about other brands.. they kind of said that there are total 1000units cumulative of all partners and not just XFX :p

Still reeling from the horrible pun of the card set as gift during a card launch event... on a positive note at least now madnav can give a card to everyone who begged for one in this thread and more.

yeah the tech tree guys were also there :p

and seem to be brainwashed to an extent..

they also posed with the gun :p

they really liked it :p

68960244.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

chiron said:
Still reeling from the horrible pun of the card set as gift during a card launch event... on a positive note at least now madnav can give a card to everyone who begged for one in this thread and more.
alright..

i have some cards lying around so im gonna give those free to those who got hurt and violated :ashamed: :p

Back