Anybody experienced 5G network?

@nRiTeCh he's using Pixel 6a and has Jio network.
Anybody has problem on 5g where you don't get calls or sms? If someone calls me, they get out of network message and I get SMS that some number called me. If I try to buy something online and the phone is on 5g network, I don't get bank sms or OTP to finish the transaction. Now I have to force the phone in LTE only mode in settings before I do anything important on phone like pay bills or something.
I believe you are using Jio network for 5G. Many on Telegram group for my phone have mentioned similar issues with Jio network. I guess the option would be let Jio roll-out a stable 5G for everyone, atleast after another 6 months or so. It's very finicky at the moment. Till then, 4G is your best bet as it is far more stable than 5G.

@nRiTeCh he's using Pixel 6a and has Jio network.

I believe you are using Jio network for 5G. Many on Telegram group for my phone have mentioned similar issues with Jio network. I guess the option would be let Jio roll-out a stable 5G for everyone, atleast after another 6 months or so. It's very finicky at the moment. Till then, 4G is your best bet as it is far more stable than 5G.
Lol! So Jio rushed for 5g revolution and this is what they have gifted whereas Airtel is working fine!

Anybody has problem on 5g where you don't get calls or sms? If someone calls me, they get out of network message and I get SMS that some number called me. If I try to buy something online and the phone is on 5g network, I don't get bank sms or OTP to finish the transaction. Now I have to force the phone in LTE only mode in settings before I do anything important on phone like pay bills or something.
Yes I experience same issue on Jio 5G
Does this same issue happen on Airtel 5G too?
Lol! So Jio rushed for 5g revolution and this is what they have gifted whereas Airtel is working fine!
So airtel 5G calls happen over a 5G network?
When i enable VoNR (Voice over NEW RADIO), it remains in 5G for calls but call quality is bad.

I believe pratikh answer sums it up. Jio is SA(Pure 5G) whereas Airtel is NSA, it relies on 4G for calls and stuff. Unless Airtel has pulled up it's socks they might be plagued with similar issues when they try to transition from NSA to SA in the future. 5G's a new technology and AFAIK, Jio are relying on their own infrastructure rather than on Siemens or Ericson or Nokia for their setup. Hence these hiccups.

I believe pratikh answer sums it up. Jio is SA(Pure 5G) whereas Airtel is NSA, it relies on 4G for calls and stuff. Unless Airtel has pulled up it's socks they might be plagued with similar issues when they try to transition from NSA to SA in the future. 5G's a new technology and AFAIK, Jio are relying on their own infrastructure rather than on Siemens or Ericson or Nokia for their setup. Hence these hiccups.
Ya Airtel shifts to 4g for calling just how it was initially during early 4g days.

Any one using airtel 5g? Can you check data balance . I was on 1799 plan ( prepaid , 365 days validity, 24gb data)
Today I saw data was double in my plan

Last edited:
Jio 5G in Chennai

Screenshot_2023-07-17-09-24-15-218_com.android.chrome.jpg

Back