Anyone has any idea about eBay's refund policy? Victim of an idiotic seller!

ithehappy

Adept
To make the long story short, I bought a hTC M7 phone from the following link on 12th May, http://www.ebay.in/itm/111203403091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Received it on 15th May, and I found it was not matching the product description by the slightest mean. So I claimed for a refund on the same day. I thought that seller would have been given a week, 7 days, to respond to eBay and all. But today it's 10th day since I have claimed, but there is nothing going on. I have called eBay CC three times already, every time they say you will receive a call in next 48 hours, which never happens. I contacted them via Twitter, they keep copy-pasting the same message that they will come back to me with an update as soon as possible.

May I know what's the exact procedure here? I thought after 7 days the case will be automatically closed, either in favour of the buyer or the seller, but it's still open. If anyone has gone through a refund process kindly enlighten me here. I am really embarrassed now, and loosing my patience if I already haven't.

Thanks in advance.

^ most often representatives talk sweet things ;) my recent claim was on 4th April and refund was on 26th April ..

^ most often representatives talk sweet things ;) my recent claim was on 4th April and refund was on 26th April ..
Great. So they took 22 days. At least you got the refund that means.

You have no idea how much your comment means to me at this moment. I'm going so crazy over this issue that it's even impacting my professional life!

I demand utter horrible suffer for these sellers.

As per my experience its really tough getting an ebay Guarantee in your favor for used products unless they are defective or model number is different.

I bought an iPod touch used off eBay and description said excellent condition but product received had scratches all over the body and even the screen. The buffoon handling my claim said you have bought a used peice so scratches are normal. Thankfully the seller agreed to refund else my claim would have been rejected. Moral ofbthe story never buy used products off eBay, especially from regular / professional sellers.

Ebay takes ages for refunding buyer's money, only reason they gave was Standard PaisaPay policies.

I bought a laptop battery on 30th April from a reputed power seller, the seller did not ship it within stipulated time hence the refund was initiated on 7th May, then refund was processed on 12th May, actual money was transferred on 15th May. I just could not get the difference between Refund Initiated & Refund Processed o_O

I asked why wasnt refund processed on 8th may itself, ebay CC replied 5 days were given to the seller for clarifying himself on shipment of the product.

So in all my money was stuck for 16 days for nothing.

As per my experience its really tough getting an ebay Guarantee in your favor for used products unless they are defective or model number is different.

I bought an iPod touch used off eBay and description said excellent condition but product received had scratches all over the body and even the screen. The buffoon handling my claim said you have bought a used peice so scratches are normal. Thankfully the seller agreed to refund else my claim would have been rejected. Moral ofbthe story never buy used products off eBay, especially from regular / professional sellers.
Now this looks bad!

Who cares used or not, the seller titled the topic as 'like new' condition, and I got a product like 'like ****ed up' condition!

^ if item is not "like new" is the base of your claim then it is difficult to get refund :(
it was not matching the product description by the slightest mean
if you can prove it then the claim should be in your favor

Of course it's the base of my claim, what else could it be?

Does this look like new? It's just one photo!

uploadfromtaptalk1400943192463.jpg

Ebay considers hardware position and assumes wear and tear cosmetically as very normal in used sale listings. Even hardware is also considered if its out of manufacturer warranty. Thats how their stupid policies are.

Now this looks bad!

Who cares used or not, the seller titled the topic as 'like new' condition, and I got a product like 'like ****ed up' condition!

Unlike ebay USA which has a lot of item condition options like new, new other, used, refurbished, manufacturer refurbished, ebay India has new and used.

Also due to increase cases of customers cheating the sellers, ebay has become careful now.

That's why I have always preferred forums for buying used stuff. Even from US, I don't have much faith on the descriptions as everyone has their own definitions of 'minor wear and tear'.

Everyone has their own definitions of wear and tear, like new etc? That'd be every arsehole and cun*, not normal persons for sure.

I can't believe this!

Yes it is under warranty. However the seller sent me an invoice of Rs.10000 while I paid 27500 for it :facepalm: Out of nowhere eBay called me today and asked me to send an email in that email id you told me, with the photos. I had 101 fever today, yet I had to go to my friend's home to take some more photos. Here is just one, now if this don't get me the refund nothing will.

x4Xqabo.jpg

Last edited:
you should never buy used phones from ebay imo .. better go for OLX and pick the phone personally..
If it is under manufacturer's warranty, then there is very less chance they will give you refund, saying cosmetic wear and tear is normal for used one..

Similar thing has happened to me. I ordered a Sansa Clip+ from ebay. Seller mentioned new unopened piece. When delivered I get a factory refurbished piece. Its mentioned clearly on the box itself. I initiated a refund and recall too.. I aint paying full money for a refurb. A refurb costs ~2000 while I paid 3230 for this. I hope to get my refund.
Seller hasnt mentioned refurb anywhere on the listing. Also a new piece comes with a Sandisk box and all the documentation. This came in a cardboard box :|

Back