iOS Anyone here using Apple Airtags?

raksrules

Elite
Anyone here using Apple Airtags? If yes then how has it been working in India since we don't have lot of iPhone users and what is your use case?

Am currently using AirTag. Bought it just for fun and intend to use it on checked-in luggage while traveling outside India or tag it to my kid who has a knack for wandering off (j/k).

However, haven't traveled since it was launched. It currently does the duties on my work laptop bag.

Pairing with an iPhone is easy and detecting it within its range is superb and very accurate.

When it is kept away, I get notified within 4-5 mins of departure. Not sure if that's the ping interval or my neighbor below has an iPhone.

I don't expect this to work well in India considering iPhones are barely out there therefore when lost, you might get very occasional pings back to your device when someone with an iPhone passes by.

Any day, it is way better than the Chipolo tracker which I had previously for my bag. Am sure, it would do a better job than Tile tracker too.

Last edited:
Anyone here using Apple Airtags? If yes then how has it been working in India since we don't have lot of iPhone users and what is your use case?
I have 5.. Love them :)
Attached to car keys and wallet for both wife and I
and 1 attached to my vape :lol:

Both if us, especially I I have a tendency to misplace things very often so it does come in very handy.
FWIW, I was using tile earlier - that used to work fine
This however is much faster /more reliable to connect and locate..

Some extra bits & baubles - if I take wife's car, I get an alert saying xyz airtag has been found travelling with you..
And while this hasn't happened as yet (and hopefully won't) but if I leave any item somewhere, the location should (at least in theory) get uploaded by any iOS devices that come in the vicinity

PS: I forgot the UWB pointer arrows.. Way more useful that I thought it would be

Last edited:
What is your use case and how well they actually work in India when it is like on road or something and you getting pings from iPhones around and such?
Use case updated in post above .
Didn't get the 2nd part..Why would I get pings from iphones around?

What is your use case and how well they actually work in India when it is like on road or something and you getting pings from iPhones around and such?

When you mark the air tag as lost, it pings other nearby iPhones its location (the owners will not know this) and updates you on your iPhone continuously as long as other devices keep passing by.

If you walk away from your air tag, you are pinged once stating you left it at xx location or something like that.

i was looking to put/hide a airtag inside my car for tracking purpose, but with the planned update wrt privacy, does this idea of keeping in car, make sense(excluding the fact the iphone usage in india will be less)? i already have fordpass which almost does the same, but sometime its just stops updating or slow update.

i was looking to put/hide a airtag inside my car for tracking purpose, but with the planned update wrt privacy, does this idea of keeping in car, make sense(excluding the fact the iphone usage in india will be less)? i already have fordpass which almost does the same, but sometime its just stops updating or slow update.
The only added benefit might be that the thieves who would know to look for and disable Fordpass will be oblivious of the Airtag.

The only added benefit might be that the thieves who would know to look for and disable Fordpass will be oblivious of the Airtag.
Yep, doesn't serve the purpose. Canceled the order.
how much is an airtag in india?
worth getting a few - wallet keys keep me hunting sometimes.
any suggestions?
Croma listed it for 2650 and 8900(4 pack).

Now amazon too have for 2650.

Last edited:
Back