Anyone here who hates F.R.I.E.N.D.S?

Vivaan08

Recruit
Before saying anything else, I just want to make it clear that I am a huge F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan and I am posting this like a social experiment, if you will. The other day I was having this conversation/discussion/ debate with a bunch of my friends and that particular debate made two groups. One on F.R.I.E.N.D.S side and the others against it. One of the arguments that were put forward was that "they could not relate to any of the characters". My question here is, there are 6 main characters. All with different characteristics and personalities and having their own little idiosyncrasies. How on earth are you unable to relate to either one of them? They literally are a representation of 6 DIFFERENT people with DIFFERENT traits, there sure must be something that you made you think "Oh, this happened" or "something similar happened " I can make a list of 'n' number of things that I can relate to and not just with one of the characters but that would be a mix of all the 6 main characters.

I also don't relate to any of the characters on the show but I still think it was a great show, but over the years its top spot in my list of favorite comedies has been taken by Seinfeld and then by Its Always Sunny, I guess my taste changed.

I never ever watched it nor do I care...
Well I think it's your loss if you didn't even bother to watch it. I know it might seem like a lot because it has 10 seasons. To be honest, my first experience with FRIENDS was a bit off-putting as well. I watched a few episodes but didn't find the jokes or the characters funny enough and then left it after a point. And I know why this happened. When you hear too many praises about something, you build really high expectations from that thing and I thought that if it's so good, it should get me hooked instantly. But no, that's not the case with a great Sitcom like FRIENDS.
So anyway, because I have this habit of not leaving anything unwatched once I've started it, no matter how bad it turns out I always want to complete it. (Which is a bit Monica-ish, now that I think of it).
I picked it up again and realised that over time, the characters and the plot sort of starts growing on you. And once you reach that stage where you start laughing at Chandler's jokes, BAM! The show's got you hooked.
Over the years, the characters have felt so relatable that the show has become my go-to for life. I would recommend everyone to watch it!

I also don't relate to any of the characters on the show but I still think it was a great show, but over the years its top spot in my list of favorite comedies has been taken by Seinfeld and then by Its Always Sunny, I guess my taste changed.
I think it's totally fine to not relate to any of the characters in particular. But throughout the show there are so many instances that we ought to relate to. Some dialogues, some character traits.
In my opinion, the characters have such peculiar and dynamic personalities that I find it difficult to believe that people don't even relate to a single one

I have never watched it and for some reason, I don't feel inclined to watch too. It may be great show but for some reason, I cannot get myself to watch it.

No soup for you !

I watched a few episodes several years ago due to the hype around it but failed to find a connect. Usually don't get emotionally invested in sitcoms which is what I think gets to the fans the most. In general, all the BFFs in an apartment shows are good for the in-moment laughter but not as a long-running series.

I dont have the patience to watch such a loooong episode series.
That is the beauty of Friends. Unlike series like GoT etc you do not need to keep waiting for what happens in the next episode. Every episode is a gem on its own much like Bing Bang Theory, Sienfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond (my second most favourite show after Friends). If you ever have couple of hours to kill then I strongly suggest watching Friends. It will take 3 to 4 episodes to understand all the characters and nuances.

I loved it, love it
Why should the characters be relatable?????
I like all 6 of them...
Its awesome entertainment.. Period

Back