Anyone left Reddit completely and moved somewhere else? What was your experience like?

If you want to see an obvious and quite literal example of this playing out, look at the T-series vs Mr Beast/Pewdewpie drama that's raged on for years. To some people in the West, the idea of the most subscribed YT channel being Indian is cause for concern, because they feel like they're losing control of the platform. That causes them to lash out in the most pathetic way possible. Trying to declare 'War' on this T-series channel despite the fact that T-series does not care about them at all. This will be an ongoing theme in the future. Online communities will have to engage with Indian perspectives more and more, and in some cases, they will become more dominant than the Western ones. This will happen because it is simply a numbers game. That is what I mean when I say we will eventually dominate.
yup, found out about the drama from bunch or reels and YT shorts. And I'm surprised how much pissed the westerns are that an Indian channel is growing bigger than their own. They are treating it like a matter of life and death.
And on the other hand I never cared which channel was on top. What good could come from this is being on top gonna help small channels from same country or it's gonna pump the revenue of small Youtubers get from adsense. ( I have seen way too many Indian posts who want Mr.beast to win and not T-series, Well it's their choice I can only judge not pass verdict)

What I got so far

T-series Indian channel with x subscribers

Mr beast American channel with x + 10

Pewdipie with half as much as either of the two

What was the issue again?

How are Indians a problem again

This is such a fcuking non issue it would seem to me

T-series Indian channel with x subscribers
Run by a company not a single Manchild so never made a comment on either 2.
Mr beast American channel with x + 10
Just a guy who keeps winning. and most of his followers are teenagers who think America is the greatest country in the world.
Pewdipie with half as much as either of the two
A guy who just wanted attention and subscribers from T-series growth So he targeted T-series and Indian audience (I'm sure you can find at least a dozen of bad things he said about India. )
What was the issue again?
In simple terms - Westerners who thinks India is still playing with flute and snakes.

How are Indians a problem again
Indians who wants American culture not even knowing what that is. ( Rupees is bad Buck is good+ American culture - Public shootings)

This such a fcuking non issue it would seem to me
Exactly. The same way Something Happening to Israelis is a non issue to some of us.

Run by a company not a single Manchild so never made a comment on either 2.
They're confident
Just a guy who keeps winning. and most of his followers are teenagers who think America is the greatest country in the world.
It is and it's heartening to learn American teenagers still believe that. My issue is half that country does not any more and they are turning on each other :grumpy:

Only a few years ago a movie like this wouldn't be credible. These days feels like it is
A guy who just wanted attention and subscribers from T-series growth So he targeted T-series and Indian audience (I'm sure you can find at least a dozen of bad things he said about India. )
Looks he's just sore he got beat by newcomers. He used to be top of the game a few years back. It's interesting he lost out. This isn't unusual. People at the top aren't good at adapting and end up getting beat by others. Common story in the tech world.
In simple terms - Westerners who thinks India is still playing with flute and snakes.
Is that all. Haha
Indians who wants American culture not even knowing what that is. ( Rupees is bad Buck is good+ American culture - Public shootings)
It used to be like that twenty years ago. I don't even recognise the US these days.
Exactly. The same way Something Happening to Israelis is a non issue to some of us.
Only to say if you think you got it bad you don't.

Last edited:
Reddit has been like this for a decade now. Street Shitters, Muslims in concentration camps, Stealing Jobs, Scammers, and whatnot. The tech and hobby subs are the driving force in my opinion and are mostly fine.
Nah, its definitely gotten worse after covid, even tech/hobby/niche subs arent spared now, mods are now simply banning people just because you participated in a sub that they are against or my case above where a trigger-happy asshole decided to ban me because I commented something that was against their publicly accepted dogma, like I said, all it takes is a single asshole mod to **** up your entire experience on reddit.

There definitely will be an alternate to reddit in a couple of years when reddit's IPO goes through and everything is monetized to hell and back but I feel sad about the knowledge thats gonna be lost in the transition, I used to hang out in linux subs a lot, and if you have ever experimented with kernels or system level stuff, you know just how arcane some of the bugs could have been, there was always that one guy there in the comments who would point out some obscure piece of code which would perfectly resolve that bug and all of that will be gone in some years, and the worst thing is, communities are moving towards Discord-esque chats instead of forums where posts are ephemeral, google cant index it for shit and all you are getting is generic article bullshit when you search about it, I used to bookmark a few forums/subreddit in the old days and catch up on the discussion that went on there, now you gotta be perpetually online to get any use out of your niche communities.

Nah, its definitely gotten worse after covid, even tech/hobby/niche subs arent spared now, mods are now simply banning people just because you participated in a sub that they are against or my case above where a trigger-happy asshole decided to ban me because I commented something that was against their publicly accepted dogma,
You know I didn't quite get what the big deal was and now I see what is happening.

Not clear why you got banned?

I've seen some of the politics subs there and I knew it would be a waste of time to join. Just reading was enough to tell.

I'm so used to forum layouts that I don't find these new places enticing enough to join. Read only is good enough.
like I said, all it takes is a single asshole mod to **** up your entire experience on reddit.
Each sub has a mod so there's other subs you can join if one doesn't work out or have I got that wrong?

You know I didn't quite get what the big deal was and now I see what is happening.

Not clear why you got banned?
There's a thing called Ban Evasion on reddit, so if you have multiple accounts (which is fairly common so that you can separate your feeds out according to different interests) and if you happen to comment from a different account, thats Ban Evasion, now reddit generally doesnt ban you for Ban evasion, but if you have been flagged by their AI before or users/mods have reported you, thats it, you are kaput with all your accounts banned, in my case, I was banned from world news when the Pannu case happened (back in November last year?) and on my main in May, a post showed up on my feed from worldnews and I commented on it (and honestly, I didnt even see the subreddit, just saw a post commenting on Russian export of Oil), thats it, it was ban evasion from me and I got banned and thats not withstanding the fact that in over 6 months, I hadn't once opened worldnews, tried to comment on a post or basically interact with the sub in question but since I happened to comment on it, I got banned with no recourse. I would have called it my mistake if it was a temp ban of even 1 month, but a permament ban for an account thats almost 6 years old? thats bullshit

And the worst thing is, you cant even appeal the ban, its all run by chatbots/AI with no actual human interaction and they'll keep rejecting your application for appeal, and the thing I was flagged for was calling people idiots which apparently hurts marginalised groups and their sentiments but calling all Indians molesters ironically doesnt ; )
Each sub has a mod so there's other subs you can join if one doesn't work out or have I got that wrong?
yeah, but that doesnt work for major subs, for e,g,, r/IndianGaming is a cesspool of teenagers just crying about Indian Streamers or what not but once in a while there were some quality posts about sourcing parts in India and there were some redditors active there who could generally point you to good shops/deals for your PC parts, aside from IndianGaming, there's no other subreddit thats specifically caters to Indian gamers and where to find parts/deals in India and global subs like pcmasterrace are not good when you just want to know reliable dealers/shops. Thankfully I found TE and joined here.

And this is just a very simple example, there are other major subreddits where yeah you can join other subs, but you won't get that specific niche served that the major subreddit serves for you.

There's a thing called Ban Evasion on reddit, so if you have multiple accounts (which is fairly common so that you can separate your feeds out according to different interests) and if you happen to comment from a different account, thats Ban Evasion, now reddit generally doesnt ban you for Ban evasion, but if you have been flagged by their AI before or users/mods have reported you, thats it, you are kaput with all your accounts banned, in my case, I was banned from world news when the Pannu case happened (back in November last year?) and on my main in May, a post showed up on my feed from worldnews and I commented on it (and honestly, I didnt even see the subreddit, just saw a post commenting on Russian export of Oil), thats it, it was ban evasion from me and I got banned and thats not withstanding the fact that in over 6 months, I hadn't once opened worldnews, tried to comment on a post or basically interact with the sub in question but since I happened to comment on it, I got banned with no recourse. I would have called it my mistake if it was a temp ban of even 1 month, but a permament ban for an account thats almost 6 years old? thats bullshit
Not bullshit. Multiple accounts on boards is generally frowned upon because that's how spammers, bots & trolls operate. Guaranteed ban on some boards I'm on. Not temp but permanent.

How likely are you to screw about if you only had one account? Less isn't it. I've been trolled numerous times here only to discover they were newly created burner accounts with no risk to the existing member. So I usually call them out laughing and what do you know no more arguments. This is the main reason I pick on argumentative newbies here until I can tell they aren't dupe accounts.

Having said that if your intent to create multiple accounts is to compartmentalise interests then I can see the reason. Not for a forum 1.0 like this but for reddit. Trouble is how do you prove you're not in one or more of the categories I mentioned in the last para?
yeah, but that doesnt work for major subs, for e,g,, r/IndianGaming is a cesspool of teenagers just crying about Indian Streamers or what not but once in a while there were some quality posts about sourcing parts in India and there were some redditors active there who could generally point you to good shops/deals for your PC parts, aside from IndianGaming, there's no other subreddit thats specifically caters to Indian gamers and where to find parts/deals in India and global subs like pcmasterrace are not good when you just want to know reliable dealers/shops. Thankfully I found TE and joined here.

And this is just a very simple example, there are other major subreddits where yeah you can join other subs, but you won't get that specific niche served that the major subreddit serves for you.
You know it's funny that a more specifics oriented forum like reddit which many would think is an improvement over forum 1.0 isn't what it's cracked to be.

I find forums 2.0 much less efficient for time spend than forums 1.0 and you've acknowledged that already
I used to bookmark a few forums/subreddit in the old days and catch up on the discussion that went on there, now you gotta be perpetually online to get any use out of your niche communities.

Last edited:
Not bullshit. Multiple accounts on boards is generally frowned upon because that's how spammers, bots & trolls operate. Guaranteed ban on some boards I'm on. Not temp but permanent.

How likely are you to screw about if you only had one account? Less isn't it. I've been trolled numerous times here only to discover they were newly created burner accounts with no risk to the existing member. So I usually call them out laughing and what do you know no more arguments. This is the main reason I pick on argumentative newbies here until I can tell they aren't dupe accounts.
then you havent used reddit much if at all, any prolific user of reddit will have multiple accounts, its incredibly common, its to filter out feeds since there's no actual filter for the home feed. for e.g. I had one account which catered exclusively to my development subreddits, one general account for everything and another which was India/Career specific.

There are literally subreddits who wont allow you to post if you dont use a burner/throwaway account (r/AITA is the main one)
Having said that if your intent to create multiple accounts is to compartmentalise interests then I can see the reason. Not for a forum like ke this but for reddit. Trouble is how do you prove you're not in one or more of the categories I mentioned in the last para?
hence why I said I would have found it reasonable if I was given a temp ban of even a month, because I get, moderating on a case by case basis for every user is impossible and it was indeed my mistake not checking the subreddit from which the post came from and technically "ban evading".
You know it's funny that a more specifics oriented forum like reddit which many would think is an improvement over forum 1.0 isn't what it's cracked to be.

I find web 2.0 much less efficient for time spend than web 1.0 and you've acknowledged that already
yep, I prefer forums more too, I grew up Tom's Hardware, gamefaqs etc, its only the last 5 years or so that I have moved to reddit, it wasnt as bad as it is now pre-covid, but too many idiots joined it now and its become. cesspool.

And the worst thing is, you cant even appeal the ban, its all run by chatbots/AI with no actual human interaction and they'll keep rejecting your application for appeal
This is a sign of things to come. As it is, these days it's hard to find a human to talk to with some companies. Usually the last of the options available is to speak to someone if it's not buried deeper.

Now it's moving to discussion boards with rigid rules and no flexibility. You tubers get content strikes all the time for seemingly innocuous things. One channel I'm aware of was distraught his channel was getting deleted for no apparent reason and was desperate to actually talk to a human to plead his case. In the end he found someone.

What I don’t like is how they reduce their management burden by passing the cost and anxiety onto you.

and the thing I was flagged for was calling people idiots which apparently hurts marginalised groups and their sentiments but calling all Indians molesters ironically doesnt ; )
I shut a topic about that down some years ago here 2018 I think. Not by calling the guy pushing it that but by saying I was not going to accept being called that. The guy was a longtime member got so frustrated he quit the place.

This is one of those liberal agenda type topics that was popular some years back. Have things improved since? not much. But we don't discuss it anymore. It's no longer news. That people on reddit are still saying molesters means they're behind the curve.

A simple counter argument is why is India only unique here. It happens everywhere.
This thread reminds me of,
This is the relevant bit
Once ISPs like AOL made affordable Internet access widely available for home users, a continuous influx of new users began, making it feel like it was always "September" to the more experienced users.

Which leads one to,
Yeah, Same thing happening with affordable Internet in India. And it's lopsided in the Indian context because it's mostly millenials online as previous generations, more knowledgeable didn't have affordable Internet

Last edited:
I shut a topic about that down some years ago here 2018 I think. Not by calling the guy pushing it that but by saying I was not going to accept being called that. The guy was a longtime member got so frustrated he quit the place.
Honestly yeah, thats the best way to deal with peeps like them and this is why I say any power tripping mod can ruin your experience on reddit, you cant even reason with them before you get banned from that subreddit and the ironic thing is that even mods cant quote what exact rule you broke to warrant a ban
A simple counter argument is why is India only unique here. It happens everywhere.
yeah I gotcha and I'm not one of those people who get butthurt when someone insults my country or get unhinged when someone calls me out, if someone shit talks me, I'll happily sling shit back and call it a day. My point was, if you are not gonna ban someone for calling Indians street shitters then bro dont ****ing ban/suspend me for calling them an idiot in return.

My point was, if you are not gonna ban someone for calling Indians street shitters
These days you can find that in San Francisco of all places or any euro city with a migrants problem. In fact worse that that.

Course this only works if you know where the people saying that come from and whenever challenged I rarely get an answer. Or if I do it's some one pretending to be from a place they're not using a fake name if it isn't a handle

But then I bring it on myself because I advertise myself as an Indian BJP, Brexit, Trump supporting Zionist. I literally am kryptonite to these people :hilarious:
then bro dont ****ing ban/suspend me for calling them an idiot in return.
And you never reported these posts? Or nothing happened when you did but if you said something then you got the double standard treatment.

Yeah sounds nice and woke. Karma will sort them out.

Last edited:
These days you can find that in San Francisco of all places or any euro city with a migrants problem. In fact worse that that.

Course this only works if you know where the people saying that come from and whenever challenged I rarely get an answer. Or if I do it's some one pretending to be from a place they're not using a fake name if it isn't a handle

But then I bring it on myself because I advertise myself as an Indian BJP, Brexit, Trump supporting Zionist. I literally am kryptonite to these people :hilarious:

And you never reported these posts? Or nothing happened when you did but if you said something then you got the double standard treatment.

Trump gave careers to at least 4 late-night show hosts. Did you listen the Harvard president's congress hearing on Palestine protests? Anyway, we live in a utopian world now. Immigrants get welfare cheques while their vets are left to rot in the streets.

Last edited:

yep, I reported them and *surprise* *surprise* there wasnt anything wrong according to reddit lol.
Yeah, Same thing happening with affordable Internet in India. And it's lopsided in the Indian context because it's mostly millenials online as previous generations, more knowledgeable didn't have affordable Internet
More like there wasnt any facility for internet, in my hometown, we got fiber just a couple years ago, before it was just mobile data

Last edited:
They don't apply this logic to posts which they prefer or support their moronic ways.

I only had one id, had few awards, hundreds of thousands of points and thousands of post history in tech, India, politics related subs, etc.
Got warned because of some political comments against chronic leftism, identity politics based alienating generations and people, grossly down-voted for supporting some situation related to India and showing extreme ignorance in their views, etc. One mod outright said I hurt their feelings / sentiments, few hours later banned.

Creating new ids after ban in not allowed as per their terms, so stopped going there.
But have seen people those are banned routinely creating new id and proceed without any care, may be that is what the new kind of ethics which is politically correct, don't know or care much.

I only had one id, had few awards, hundreds of thousands of points and thousands of post history in tech, India, politics related subs, etc.
Got warned because of some political comments against chronic leftism, identity politics based alienating generations and people, grossly down-voted for supporting some situation related to India and showing extreme ignorance in their views, etc. One mod outright said I hurt their feelings / sentiments, few hours later banned.
The india sub was no go for me. Could tell by just browsing. Good if you are opposition or hate the government. Full of negativity. You will learn nothing

What stops you creating your own sub with your own rules?

Good if you are opposition or hate the government which full of negativity.
Problem is, am agnostic with most of such things. Most disliked kind.
Ban from India sub happened in initial days itself when they where praising Kiran Bedi and I had some slightly different opinions. Later, the sub went nuclear ugly against that person and nobody blinked an eye.

Ban from India sub happened in initial days itself when they where praising Kiran Bedi and I had some slightly different opinions.
Must have been an AAP lot then

So no difference of opinion is tolerated?

Kiran Bedi was a loose cannon so hit a glass ceiling. Very popular for her outspoken views but after a certain point it becomes a liability.
Later, the sub went nuclear ugly against that person and nobody blinked an eye.
Seems this follows the whims and fancies of whoever is moderating and everyone has to follow.

Back