Anyone tried applying passports from the new Passport Seva Kendras (PSV) ?

I have been struggling to get my passport renewed..I already applied once in october here in Hyderabad..everything went smooth,my status was showing as

"Your Passport will be despatched in one week"

but after that all of a sudden my appl. status changed to

"PLEASE FURNISH FRESH APPLICATION FORM DULY FILLED ALL COLUMNS WITH SPECIFIC REPLIES AS YES/NO AND DULY SINGED"

1)Now can I apply again with PSK..

2)Do they accept ICICI Bank statement as address proof(my address has changed from last when I was in college way back in 2001)..

3) how about the payment of fee.Do I have to take a Demand Draft for fee..

any help?

Guys...any help?

Getting passport is very imp for me as it is linked to proffessional growth in my current organization..need to submit it another 3 months..so pour in any suggestions you have..

I have been struggling to get my passport renewed..I already applied once in october here in Hyderabad..everything went smooth,my status was showing as

"Your Passport will be despatched in one week"

but after that all of a sudden my appl. status changed to

"PLEASE FURNISH FRESH APPLICATION FORM DULY FILLED ALL COLUMNS WITH SPECIFIC REPLIES AS YES/NO AND DULY SINGED"

1)Now can I apply again with PSK..

2)Do they accept ICICI Bank statement as address proof(my address has changed from last when I was in college way back in 2001)..

3) how about the payment of fee.Do I have to take a Demand Draft for fee..

any help?

1) Yes you can apply.

2) Ask the bank to give you a letter stating that u are living in your address from past X years.

3) You can pay cash.

#surya.neo : keep one thing in mind, i think u'll have to check the radio button in the option "Have you ever been denied passport or something like that" ? to Yes. I might be wrong, other members please put in your inputs.

I have been trying to login to the site but couldn't as it is not able to recognize the characters I enter(security characters)...do not know if it is a bug in the site or do I have to try only on business days...

I with there was PSK in Mumbai as well....!

Address Change and Addition of Wife's name is due ...
<

Guys I have a doubt regarding reissue of my passport.

My passport expired in 2007 or so and didn't get it renewed till now. I am from Cochin but right now I am doing my Engineering at Chennai and I have been staying at Chennai college hostel, an apartment etc for the past 3-4 years. So if I understood correctly I will have to show proof of address from all the places that I have stayed in the past two years if I apply from Chennai right?

Now can I give my Cochin address and apply for the passport from Cochin? I have bank statements, rent agreements etc with my Cochin address and I can come to Cochin at the time of verification if necessary.

Will there be any problem with this?

Now can I give my Cochin address and apply for the passport from Cochin? I have bank statements, rent agreements etc with my Cochin address and I can come to Cochin at the time of verification if necessary.

Will there be any problem with this?

There shouldn't be any problem at all in this. I guess your parents are staying there at ur home in Cochin. The police officials call you up before verification so as to ask for your time , so you can coordinate ur presence with them.

If your parents are living in that Cochin house (>1 yr), there won't be any need to show different address proofs of where were u residing since last two years.

^ Yes, my parents are staying at the Cochin house for 4+ years now. So in that case, I need / should not mention anything about me studying in Chennai right?

That's great then, starting from Feb 23rd, the new PSKs near Cochin start functioning!
<

^ Yes, my parents are staying at the Cochin house for 4+ years now. So in that case, I need / should not mention anything about me studying in Chennai right?

That's great then, starting from Feb 23rd, the new PSKs near Cochin start functioning!
<

They aren't interested in anything more in you being > 10th pass as a student. At the PSK, just get self attested copies of 1st and last 2 pages of passport, the passport in original, photocopy of address proof (exclude ration card), ur marksheet (10th or 12th, it acts as DOB proof & Non-ECNR status check).

#Metalspree, that's too quick
<
!! I applied for mine on 13th and done through only with verification on 16th. So lets see in how much more time i get my passports, & for my parents it been >12 days since the verification was done. Still no sign
<

My bro applied through the PSK on 17th Feb. Yet to get his passport delivered. Police verification got done about a month back and the PSK site status says the same. So much issuing the passport in 3 days
<

Back