Video Anyone used 'Android on Stick' to convert normal LCD TV to Smart TV ?

I am in a dilemma as to which option should I go with (to use with my LG 32" LED TV):

1. Android TV stick(mk908/809III quad core) + Rii i8 mini keybd+touchpad = ~Rs.5.2k
2. Wait for about a year after which I build my PC and use the TV as monitor

There is also influx of those Miracast dongles in market now. They have accompanying app on iOS and Android as well as windows and MAC machines.
They seem to be able to have airplay as well as screen mirroring for all devices. Needs wifi to run.
Search for 'EZCast'

^ yup considered it, but want an independent system whereas miracast, chromecast, etc are mirroring devices(as you already mentioned) which require a master device (smartphone/tablet/pc)...

What would be the most fuss free device to buy for online streaming, especially Youtube ? Preferably independent one.
I want something very very easy to use. So no crappy devices or something which requires tweaking and all stupid things. Will be used at my home where my dad may use to find stuff on youtube and watch.

What would be the most fuss free device to buy for online streaming, especially Youtube ? Preferably independent one.
I want something very very easy to use. So no crappy devices or something which requires tweaking and all stupid things. Will be used at my home where my dad may use to find stuff on youtube and watch.

I think Chromecast should help in that case

I think Chromecast should help in that case

I was also thinking of that. All depends on how my new internet connection pans out. But chromecast is still not completely independent right ? He has to first begin the video on laptop or so and then handover to chromecast I believe.
Another option is WDTV but I have heard streaming and youtube in WDTV Live is buggy.
An expensive proposition is Apple TV but not sure we should buy that for only Youtube. Also he has iPhone 3GS which doesn't have Airplay so it can't be used as airplay.

Back