Video Anyone used 'Android on Stick' to convert normal LCD TV to Smart TV ?

Ok so anyone has bought anything like this and is using it ? Need some reviews ?
I wish to buy something of this sort before i leave US. Not really hard and fast but good to have.

Got mine about a week back. Used it and on the 1st day, the adapter died. Got a new adapter and worked fine. 3rd day, the mini HDMI cable just came apart. Build quality is very very very poor. Total plastic. It wasnt holding well and was nudged out from 1 side. I tried to set it and heard a crack. Found that some joints inside broke :p. Managed to use it for few hours. Not too bad I say.

Also the marketing is quite a gimmick. Its actually a 1Ghz proc (940 actual) with 500Mhz GPU clock (Dont know how much of that is real). Wifi connectivity good (maybe cause the router was just next to it :|). Display felt terrible on my 55 incher. Overall, not too shabby deal for 3000 bucks but then again, not worth it as well.

Oh yeah, you do get an MHL adapter that allows you to connect your USB HDD and also an SD card slot.

So anyone using anything like this now ? Or if you have a google tv, how is the experience ?
The MK808 seems to be better than the MK802 and solves many problems of that old one.

I have both MK 802 and MK808. The first one is usable to some extent and second one is much more improved. Faulty Wifi,no bluetooth and random reboots are some common problems.Last few days I am testing MK808.I am typing this using MK808 on my LCD.If you want any clarifications I am ready..

I have both MK 802 and MK808. The first one is usable to some extent and second one is much more improved. Faulty Wifi,no bluetooth and random reboots are some common problems.Last few days I am testing MK808.I am typing this using MK808 on my LCD.If you want any clarifications I am ready..

In fact mini review would be awesome. Btw i have read that the 1080p is not "real" FULL HD but some sort of stretched out thing ? Can you check that ?
In general how usable it is and does it need custom roms and such things ?
streaming media, youtube etc, flash stuff work fine ?

Its currently running jellybean finless custom ROM.YouTube works fine so do market. All most all video formats including .mkv 1080 p videos also works fine.there is some issue with display.currently output is restricted to 720p.its a kernel limitation. so on future firmware it can be solved.WiFi also have issues.mine is working intermittently but some others have reported dead WiFi.I also experienced random reboots and occasional crashes mainly chrome.I will try to do a mini review this weekend

Its currently running jellybean finless custom ROM.YouTube works fine so do market. All most all video formats including .mkv 1080 p videos also works fine.there is some issue with display.currently output is restricted to 720p.its a kernel limitation. so on future firmware it can be solved.WiFi also have issues.mine is working intermittently but some others have reported dead WiFi.I also experienced random reboots and occasional crashes mainly chrome.I will try to do a mini review this weekend

Ok thanks. Was planning to buy here but have no TV to test it so i guess i will hold on for a newer model later.

Is anyone using these android boxes with av out cable ,thinking of getting one of these as i need something that can play the UPnP video files stored on my pogoplug flash drive.

I want it to stream it to my old crt tv in other room ..if not possible then i will look at the hdmi sticks only(led tv on different room). How are these options below

Measy U1A - Android Mini PC - TV Box with Built in WiFi Media Player | eBay

Measy A5A - Android TV Box with Built in WiFi Media Player | eBay

If these things are not reliable then i will get wdtv live instead :23:

Back