Apparently Hisense owns or partially owns a number of Japanese brands.

6pack

ex-Mod
I thought Toshiba was Japanese brand. Turns out it was sold off in 2017. Same with Sharp. And Hitachi air conditioner division is 49% owned by Hisense. Hisense is owned by the Chinese government.

Screenshot_2022-10-05-12-11-09-346_org.bromite.bromite.jpg

Why are Chinese state owned companies so highly competitive and well known worldwide whereas our indian PSUs are so bad and miserable? Is it our way of thinking? They have maglev trains breaking speed records and here the ministers lie to news channels about a 120km train breaking speed records. Indians have been drinking the patriotic cool aid for a very long time and we are in a sense on delusion of our country being great and having intelligent people.
We have some intelligent people who work hard and give results but they are overshadowed by the idiots.

Last edited:
There are TWO types of idiots in India
  1. who think (24x7) that Progeress done in last 60 years since Independence and after that NO Progress
  2. who think (24x7) that progress done only in last 8-10 yrs.
once we get rid of these 2 category of idiots (thinking) in INDIA , India will enjoy progress like china

This is very true, whenever a big and ambitious infrastructural project is introduced in our country with a budget of thousands of crores, the end product of the said project whether a state or a national project to mildly put it is very underwhelming if not outright appalling, Our country might have highly skilled human capital on its disposal but they can only do much when most of the money intended for these projects never finds its way to the project itself, or tenders are awarded on the basis of political connections, nowadays, whenever I read about a new ambitious project with massive financial backing which at the end of the day comes from hard earned tax payer's money, I get a sinking feeling deep down knowing that someway, somehow majority of the funds will never utilized and become untraceable and the project when inaugurated, itself will becomes a daily remind to those who will be 'benefitting' from it of how irrespective of the political parties, our infrastructural development doldrums while the so called cost of undertaking these projects keeps rising.

Japan is not 1980's japan anymore.
Since 2017 i work directly with Japanese for 3 years with top of line companies... It was my utter shock that whatever we have been feed from childhood, that Japanese are most hardworking people in the globe is total lie and bs.
Present generation doesn't know what innovation and adaptability is. They still follows the principles laid out by great companies such as Honda, Toyota, etc decades back and refuses to evolve with time or market dynamics and hence we haven't seen much innovation or economic growth.. they still they burring their head in grass.

And not to mention one of the most ignorant and rudest people on this earth... its always their way or highway - they never want to listen to anyone.
I was always told French are rudest-- but contrary they are one of the most hospitable and loveable person in my personal & business experience.

Why are Chinese state owned companies so highly competitive and well known worldwide whereas our indian PSUs are so bad and miserable?
Farsightedness.
Chinees govt work like a corporate, everybody has to deliver their duty. else they face serious consequences. Their bribing ( red: porfit margin) is much organised but again its based on the outcome. not like India where 98% money goes in bribe without any outcome. We do only a kadi-ninda and move ahead.

in 80's see the GDP of china.. they worked their ass-off for decades and promoted industrial growth in almost every sector.
in manufacturing raw material were heavily subsidised, free export to other counties and what not. In some micro sector china-post is free to ship goods out of country.

Where as in India - govt subsidies never reached the needy ones... it was all digested by politicians and their families, bureaucrats and administrative.

once we get rid of these 2 category of idiots (thinking) in INDIA , India will enjoy progress like china
population of these 2 catagory of people are over 95%.
rest 2% exploit those 95% and becoming rich every minute, and remaining 3% pay heavy taxes and wonders why we paying taxes.

And above all. greed.. its incurable disease in indian, else there were no chance a handful of britishers came and ruled us for decades.

And not to mention one of the most ignorant and rudest people on this earth... its always their way or highway - they never want to listen to anyone.
I think there's a reason for that which was explained nicely by an Australian who's married to a Japanese and lives in Japan from years. I'll post that video here. Channel is TheJapanChannelDcom if you want to search.

I think it was basically that they think as a group whereas we think individually. So they will think twice, thrice or more if major changes are required because no one wants to take the blame if anything goes wrong. So they keep doing what they're doing from years even if that way is different from what others do. They're too scared of others to bring about a change in their system because it will hurt their social standing etc. Public shaming there is a lot different than here.

Edit: maybe it's in this video probably or one of the videos in the "How to do stuff in Japan" playlist. Sorry, I've been subscribed to this channel from 10+ years and seen almost all of his 4000+ videos so don't really remember now. (⁠─⁠.⁠─⁠|⁠|⁠)

Last edited:
Back