Apple announced iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C

Oh yeah, I posted yesterday itself here.
I am sure apple would find tough to sell their iphones this year. Grey market FTW!

The sad part is that even if priced atrociously high, people will buy it and that is why the prices won't come down.
I still suggest, spend around 30k and buy used iPhone 5 and if you are ok with 3.5" screen then go for 4S. You save loads of money and get almost same experience.

Many of my friends are doing it now. They are infact asking me to find 4s for 18-22k Range and i5 in the range of 28-33k.
I found a 4s 16gb Second hand US unlocked piece for 18k. Pretty much Pristine Condition and many will follow this route.

The sad part is that even if priced atrociously high, people will buy it and that is why the prices won't come down.
I still suggest, spend around 30k and buy used iPhone 5 and if you are ok with 3.5" screen then go for 4S. You save loads of money and get almost same experience.

iPhone 4/4s won;t get you siri :p only 5 has that right? or 4s too? 4 doesn't have it, that's m sure of.

iPhone 4/4s won;t get you siri :p only 5 has that right? or 4s too? 4 doesn't have it, that's m sure of.

Siri is just junk and novelty. 4S has it. I own 4S and have kept Siri off permanently. You just play around with it in your free time and that's it. So Siri should not be a deal breaker for anyone IMO.[DOUBLEPOST=1381819105][/DOUBLEPOST]
Many of my friends are doing it now. They are infact asking me to find 4s for 18-22k Range and i5 in the range of 28-33k.
I found a 4s 16gb Second hand US unlocked piece for 18k. Pretty much Pristine Condition and many will follow this route.

That's what i did. Bought 4S for my brother. Spending extra 14K or so for the iPhone 5 did not make any sense to me.[DOUBLEPOST=1381819187][/DOUBLEPOST]
I suggest stay away from iPhone :p

There are Apple Loyalists that will buy it and in most cases non iPhone users never understand the reason. So staying away is not a right approach but refrain from getting the latest stuff at high prices and in place of that buy a cheaper version and save money.

I have personally found siri to be very useful but only after the ios7 update. I guess they have improved support in understanding non local accents.

Earlier the success rate would be around 50% i would say. Now it is mostly around 100%.

Regular tasks like call abc , text abc, play abc track are great when you are driving or are feeling lazy.

Every night i tell siri to put an alarm and it does it very accurately now.

I have personally found siri to be very useful but only after the ios7 update. I guess they have improved support in understanding non local accents.

Earlier the success rate would be around 50% i would say. Now it is mostly around 100%.

Regular tasks like call abc , text abc, play abc track are great when you are driving or are feeling lazy.

Every night i tell siri to put an alarm and it does it very accurately now.

Good if that works for you. Btw don't you have recurring alarm kept for weekdays and weekend ? Just wondering.

Good if that works for you. Btw don't you have recurring alarm kept for weekdays and weekend ? Just wondering.

Yeah i kinda have the recuring alarm at an app called UNIQLO - which is awesome. I kinda put back up alarm on the first party app and thus have differing times . Sometimes 5 mins later than the uniqlo time or sometimes 10 mins late.

To be honest, siri was a novelty when i had the 4s on ios6. But when i upgraded it to ios7, boy has it been productive in my daily use.

Yeah i kinda have the recuring alarm at an app called UNIQLO - which is awesome. I kinda put back up alarm on the first party app and thus have differing times . Sometimes 5 mins later than the uniqlo time or sometimes 10 mins late.

To be honest, siri was a novelty when i had the 4s on ios6. But when i upgraded it to ios7, boy has it been productive in my daily use.

Recurring alarm is there in stock alarm app as well, why you need a separete app for that ? :O

I just like the app uniqlo. It plays at a higher volume, tells you all the update like the weather and all. Just makes you feel more of a geek .

The main reason aint the recurring alarm, its just that the app is better in every way than the stock.

Hey just curious, how siri is productive as all its major functions are US based.

Here are the top 5 uses i have found to be beneficial from Siri -

1] Calling on the go. When I am driving, since my phone is connected to my Headunit, i just need to hold the button on the headunit itself and viola! Siri calls anyone who i want. And again i might add, it still figures out despite the road noise at speeds of 60 to 70 kmphr.

2] Songs - Since my car is a chevy beat, i dont really have a fancy idrive system to quick find my songs. So again repeat the process and just tell her to play the song or podcast i want.

3] Last message - This feature reads out the message when I am driving and is a huge boon for me. IIt also gives me an option to reply as per my wish.

4] Apps - Sometimes, its just better to say the name of the app than toggle through the 100 i have on my iphone.

5] alarm and miscellaneous features - The alarm feature is good but i am not that dependent on it, since i use more competent 3rd party apps.

^^^ Ooooh thanks. But what's the success rate with Indian accent. Have it on my ipad but its been a hit and miss affair with success rate of 60-70% with siri ,especially Indian names and words compared to over 90% success rate with Google now.

Have you updated to IOS7. My experience with siri in ios6 was bad, however in ios7, it has changed a lot and as i said the experience has been hugely beneficial in my commute.

^^^ Ooooh thanks. But what's the success rate with Indian accent. Have it on my ipad but its been a hit and miss affair with success rate of 60-70% with siri ,especially Indian names and words compared to over 90% success rate with Google now.

Now comparing to siri or anyone, and I personally love google now, but the success rate is mostly 60-70%. Not 90% at all.

Dunno if it was mentioned but here are the 4G LTE bands the 5 & 5c variants support.

iPhone 5c Model A1529

iPhone 5s Model A1530

Both support band 40 or 2300MHz :)

Will India be seeing these models ? as they could work with airtel/reliance 4G.

@blr_p

I like optimistic approach about 4G LTE in India. I have no hopes seriously. Price of 3G is still not going down for operators who provide better service (Vodafone, Airtel).

Back