Apple announced iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C

If they price the 5c here for about 37 k, i believe it would sell like hotcakes.
If the 5s is priced over 46 k then i think it would be absolutely ridiculous.
Another gaffe they could commit is by pricing the 5s closer to the 5c as has been done in the US. Why would i buy a previous gen device when i can have a better one for 150$ more. I mean it makes no sense.

I guess apple bigwigs played on the color trend factor and anticipated lively sales of the 5c but they should have anticipated product cannibalisation.

Saying all this, they have absolutely killed with the ip5s numbers in the US.
Considering the stupid samsung and nokia pricing recently, i hope apple prices this one at around 46 k.

People expect apple to be premium and device also should reflect that. 5c in no way looks premium and that is bothering buyers i believe.

People expect apple to be premium and device also should reflect that. 5c in no way looks premium and that is bothering buyers i believe.

Another thing is, the early hysteria worth regards to its positioning. People still have the perception that it is a cheaper alternative of the iphone. The problem is people who own an iphone don't want the word cheap associated to them.

Regarding pricing i can speculate here, I don't think 5s will be 50k or something. Since it is $15 cheap while production than i5 i think it should be priced the Same fancy number Rs.45,500 or may be a 1.5k due to $.
Pricing it above 47,000 would be a terrible thing.

- Iphone 5c Unlocked version in US is around 33,500INR, so yes it will be around 38k Street price not more than that. Again "Cheap iphone" and "Plastic look" Talk would not Fetch them more than Rs.38k. Since it is carrying a FLOP talk, Finding a buyer would be a tough job.

Iphone 5s :cool:

When $ was 55, iPhone 5 was launched. The price was 45k.
Pricing in India is always much higher than what you get by doing straight conversion.

IPhone 5s is a better phone than iPhone 5 so it'll definitely cost 50k++

I dont think this rationale can be used. The iphone 5 would be replaced by the 5c of which i do be gobsmacked if priced at 45 k. I hope then it doesnt even sell one single piece here.

If apple are even half serious about our market, then the pricing would be positioned at a price of 46 k for the 5s.

When $ was 55, iPhone 5 was launched. The price was 45k.
Pricing in India is always much higher than what you get by doing straight conversion.
Point taken but what now when the dollar is more than 60 from 3 months and why is the i5 being sold for 45k even before 5s launch? They should have increased the price of i5 if that was the case.
They know the Indian market where android is dominating and the people are price conscious.

Point taken but what now when the dollar is more than 60 from 3 months and why is the i5 being sold for 45k even before 5s launch? They should have increased the price of i5 if that was the case.
They know the Indian market where android is dominating and the people are price conscious.
They Dont Care about the Indian Market .... they will never release a cheap product as Tim Cook has himself said that they are not interested in the part of the Smartphone market . There are alot of Rich People in India and iPhones will sell like Hotcakes here .

Apple never increase or decrease the price of a phone once it is launched. They only do that when the next iteration is launched.

One of my friend`s,working at the Apple Store said that the 5c is going be less than 40k and 5s will be priced for the same 44500.

Apple never increase or decrease the price of a phone once it is launched.
This part is true. But Recently apple's working staff or someone ( I have in one of the interview said they were not hiking prices because they were cutting the profit margin in order to continue on going sales at same prices.)

However, prices at top end phones, such as Apple's iPhone or Blackberry's 10 platform phones, remain unaffected.

"Apple only prices its products once," said a person familiar with the company's internals. Apple at the time of pricing its devices factors in a calculated call on foreign exchange, import duties when putting a converted dollar price on its products for overseas markets, the person said. The additional margin hit it is willing to take varies from product to product.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-08-21/news/41433262_1_new-phones-rupee-htc

Back