Apple announced iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C

^ That is their old habit. I remember the time when they used the fractal zoom of mitsubishi as the pinch and zoom, the screen popped the words as jobs spoke 'Patented' and made it appear like they got the technology built from scratch.

A big disappointment and i knew this was coming. Steve jobs not being with APPLE shows now. 5s and 5c are useless upgrade. 5C in India will retail for around 35k to 38k so i wonder how does it makes for an economical iphone. I will stick with my ip5.

A big disappointment and i knew this was coming. Steve jobs not being with APPLE shows now. 5s and 5c are useless upgrade. 5C in India will retail for around 35k to 38k so i wonder how does it makes for an economical iphone. I will stick with my ip5.

Where was it mentioned it is going to be economical or cheap ? I guess it was just what everyone assumed. It is just 100$ less than 5S, it is not at all economical. In fact it is better to buy a used 4 or 4S if one wants a functional phone with almost everything working.

Well we Heard about C being cheap plastic and not Cheap in Pricing.
I'm sure 5C would cost ~40k not a 1k cheaper than that. Considering 5S would cost Rs.44,500.
I am noticing this from 4s(44.5k)> 5(45.5k)> 5s(45.5k?)

If there is 5K types difference then i am sure people would probably prefer the 5S over 5.
8GB 4S is dumb step. God that thing can do 1080p video, give at least 16GB. :mad:

But i do not expect prices of 4/4S going down in India till the time 5S/5C is launched.

Cheap plastic ? Ever used/touched Nokia Lumia higher end phones ?

Samsung is cheap plastic.
I'm sorry if you didn't read it properly. as i Said " We Heard" that means its a rumor before launch. So we Do not know how its going to be.
Now we know its polycarbonate body. There's that end to that Plastic Rumor.

Pricing is gonna suck due to Dollar/Rupees ratio.
Just a few days ago I read in ET that all electronic companies have taken a hit of 10-15% already. The companies claim they have absorbed the costs by reducing their profit percentages and that is why we haven't seen any major rise in prices of mobile phones or other electronic items. They also said that they plan to do this till Diwali after which the prices will change to reflect the true scenario. Since Apple will most probably launch these phones mid-November I think the prices will be at least 5k more than the usual price unless Apple decide to cut their percentages and stick to the earlier release price like they do in US.

Edit - If I were to buy an iPhone in the coming months, personally I would get a used mint condition 5 from US. Unlocked for around 30k or a R-SIM one for 25k. From what I have heard the R-SIM works flawlessly on the 5 without any niggles.

the 5c is getting bashed on the internet only because of expectations of it being cheap . there is nothing wrong with phone its an little upgraded iphone 5 with a solid plastic shell like lumia 920 quality not samsung type . Its a good phone but only 100$ cheap and you miss on
1. premium build
2. amazing camera
3. fingerprint sensor
4 Twice fast A7
i can't see the value there

Called up Apple India to ask about the iPhone 4 and they told it is discontinued now and whatever is selling is the remaining stock. Also not sure if new but Apple India website has no mention of iPhone 4 now and 4S/5C/5S is there and 4S only 8GB is listed.

http://www.apple.com/in/iphone/compare/
Bro dont know y are so curious for the Iphone 4 :wtf:
Most of your posts have query for the resale and buying of iphone 4 lol

Bro dont know y are so curious for the Iphone 4 :wtf:
Most of your posts have query for the resale and buying of iphone 4 lol
Even i wonder the same from few days ;)
I know its the best piece out there.. but 4s is even better.[DOUBLEPOST=1378989752][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well we Heard about C being cheap plastic and not Cheap in Pricing.
I'm sure 5C would cost ~40k not a 1k cheaper than that. Considering 5S would cost Rs.44,500.
I am noticing this from 4s(44.5k)> 5(45.5k)> 5s(45.5k?)

Like i Said
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...st-Rs-40000-in-India/articleshow/22497861.cms

Last edited:
Everything's awesome except the price. I would be all for buying the 5C if it retailed at ~25k.
Thats how Apple plays always. They price the phone higher than what it deserves and plus more than what people even expect to pay. Apple logic.

Its simple. Just reduce 10K from whatever you have paid, thats the actual price :p

Back