Apple announces lossless Apple Music is coming in June at no added cost

This is how apple music app works on android... It crawls and crashes

In songs as well it buffers... While trying to load library it buffers for minutes! Imagine any other streaming app doing that...No its not my connection... Just adding a screenshot of my connection speed as well
One thing i have observed on apple music... All relaxation tunes etc are low quality music files compared to them being hifi or master on tidal

Also there is no gapless playback on apple music!!! No loudness normalization either. As usual apple wants to decide everything and leaving no options and choice for subscribers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-24-13-18-04-86_b842316e563230167e12cc31f5ffaf19.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-24-13-18-04-86_b842316e563230167e12cc31f5ffaf19.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Yes...no gapless!! I thought it's only me, as I was downloading everything (thinking the sub-standard quality is due to my internet!!)

And the quality!! Man!! I tried EVERYTHING, multiple speakers set up, all types of headphones, iphone, ipad, macbook Pro...even wired the lossless sounds no better than 256 AACs
And I have completely stopped believing in most online articles and youtube audio channels, either they have superlative ears (and I have pretty crappy ones...but my one ear still works perfectly fine...checked yearly with proper audiologists) or lying completely.
Quality wise Apple lossless music is possibly the worst. In fact the entire audio streaming is simply not about quality. And honestly nobody really cares about quality anymore...when 99.9% is more than happy with 1000XM4 ( where you often miss complete instrument from a song!!), guess Apple will get away just fine with another blunder.

Last edited:
Interesting ! Sorry off topic but Man I have been able to find most of english music I wanted in cds and been able to RIP but Hindi music Cds I find it harder to find for some reason so all my english music is flac and hindi is mostly 256 or 320 kbps esp older songs , not sure how to change that ugh .
If you have anything specific music album you want let me know,I have downloaded all torrent around 13 TB from now demise Desi.cd

Also reddit has this this subreddit call r/riprequest and your request will get fill up instantly.

TIL that there are interview preparation sites for ...For.. ..For Torrent sites
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF
I don't find it hard to believe at all, considering how serious audiophiles are about their music. And I guess, music industry must be the most affected due to piracy and so music trackers would be targeted much more severely.

I don't find it hard to believe at all, considering how serious audiophiles are about their music. And I guess, music industry must be the most affected due to piracy and so music trackers would be targeted much more severely.

It's one thing being serious, quite another when people start imagining differences..
Anyway, let me not go there as that would be a major derailment of the OT..

On the second part, they were surely quite affected in the initial days of mp3.. But the days of music torrenting are well past the peak now as the industry evolved and moved towards legal streaming

It's one thing when audiophiles collect CDs and vinyls and I have huge respect for them. But downloading music from torrent is considered as stealing, not sharing and cool charity work like some are pretending.

Didn't know people are so concerned about the music industry here.
The road to success had never been easy for Indie artists.
With the significantly lower cost of publishing with streaming, it is also a lot easier for Indies to find a revenue generating channel - can't say the same about the days when they''d have a much harder time getting an established label to publish them.

Anyway, this is not my area of expertise, so I will let it be - but I have to say that I get to hear far more music from up & coming artists now than when I was in college - saving up money for my monthly treat of 2 tapes & CDs - and I mean it by a wide margin

but I have to say that I get to hear far more music from up & coming artists now than when I was in college - saving up money for my monthly treat of 2 tapes & CDs - and I mean it by a wide margin
That's precisely the problem. Even with thousands of streams a band / artist may not earn anything.

Indie artists needs recognition more than anything, depends lot on platform what kind of artists they push.

I see Apple pushing certain kind of artists all the time to which I often don't agree with and find YT Music much better in this regard.

Still better than not getting published at all, no?
Did not understand what you meant by getting published.
If it means uploading music to Spotify etc. it doesn't help much for most bands financially ( streaming revinues alone are not sustainable)
Before this Plague getting live gigs in music festivals were the only significant stream of revenue. Playing in pubs etc. also helped.
Moreover getting thousands of streams never helped getting gigs.
General consumers don't know/ give a flying **** about the musicians' financial situation.
It is the exposure in Bandlab or Bandcamp that actually used to help get live gigs.
For electronic musicians, it's slightly easier out there ( less expensive equipments, sample/ loop based music...a Push 2, laptop with Ableton Live can be enough) but it's the bands with real instrument players suffering the most.
I'm not dependent financially on music production/ performance, but I used to earn between 2k to 5k EUR in 2018, 2019 ( playing at local pubs on weekends, occassional fests if I'm lucky, if the regular bassists have other commitments for 4/5 bands, but mixing and mastering and occasional live mixing was the main source of revenue for me)
It's all gone now.
Regarding torrent, I have stopped them long ago as now I can afford.
But AFAIK young people still download / upload music of well established musicians earning in billions, whatever Lars and other assholes like him think, piracy hardly affect them financially.
Copyrighting old music is a complex thing and beyond scope of this forum.
I've nothing against music piracy, it helped many bands for years. How many streaming services have helped a single unknown band / artist financially?
Barring very few dinosaurs, most musicians are independent now. As most of those giant record companies are mostly gone/ or renting studios to indie musicians.
These streaming services are no better than those mammoth record companies. They shaft both customers ( by streaming crappy quality audio...if you understand gain staging and metering have a look at Spotify standards..they will fool you by saying it's to stop loudness war as almost no one outside production engineers truly understand that matter..they expect all genres to stick to their crappy limits and accept penalties if you dare to cross their limits....they think a jazz album and a brutal death metal album should have same standards...I can rant on and on...but it's futile) and musicians.
I know little bit of the music industry and MANY musicians are at their breaking points.
If these companies don't change their weird revenue sharing policies , they will go out of business slowly and some big bands will help to bring them down. Some already offer their new albums completely free, more will follow. By big bands I don't mean the current younger pop/ mumble rap garbage...true great bands. Radiohead has done it already (don't be shocked to get their entire discography for free completely legally)Prince did it way back. Eventually most band/ artist who bought their masters from the record companies will give away everything for free.
We will see how the streaming services survive with the real artists gone.
Will happen slowly but surely...unless they share revenue fairly.

Last edited:
Who's encouraging piracy? But I'm not against it...used it for few years, not anymore.
If sharing a Hendrix album is against your moral value..I respect it. But I've done far more immoral things, sharing it with a kid who can't afford the CD...It doesn't bother me at all.
https://m.goliath.com/music/10-musicians-who-are-pro-music-piracy/
Each and everyone in that list is a far better musician than the scumbag Lars.
Dave, Thom understand the financial side of music much better than most.
I guess you are unaware of music production software piracy, without it the world wouldn't have 95 percent of electronic musicians.
Heck, even the legend Lemmy in his height of fame used pirated amp sims. Kurt wanted to give away all of his music for free ( if internet was bigger at that time, it could really happen)

Last edited:
Back