Apple announces that RCS support is coming to iPhone next year

Yeah, good idea for interoperability, etc.

However, we Indians should see it in light of:

Hope Apple pulls out a clean trick implementing this.

Yeah, good idea for interoperability, etc.

However, we Indians should see it in light of:

Hope Apple pulls out a clean trick implementing this.
I got 2-3 messages on google messages with photo ads in them. One was some travel company and another was regarding property sales. Don't remember the third. All these from online web companies which i hadn't even signed up for or visited. Naturally I reported them as spam.

If companies start abusing RCS, naturally Google is going to ban them. I don't know what it is with Indian companies.They try to abuse everything for ads and then start crying crocodile tears when companies ban or stop their abuse. If they are left to do what they please, then we would be getting boat load of unwanted spam every minute.

An example of unchecked advertising - just look the condition of our roads. Huge 2-6 story billboards everywhere. Even traffic lights and lamp posts have billboards on them. What an eyesore. The city looks so dirty with these billboards. No identity left. Can't see anything behind them or any trees. Just billboards everywhere. Look at railway station ticket counters. Another area for unchecked advertising by such spammers who stick anything on the walls.

@6pack

Businesses and ethical practices does not mix well in general.

Considering google as an advertisement delivery data mining company designed RCS, they kept enough opportunities to exploit.
Read somewhere, there are APIs for the purpose.

Back