Apple does away with headphone jack in iPhone 7

people dont really need apple products....do they?
If someone has been using the iPhone right from the beginning, or even for 3-4 generations, then he/she will find it impossible to switch to Android. Plus, not to mention, the money that they have invested in the ecosystem, whether it be other Apple devices or Apps, will keep them tied to whatever Apple comes up with next.

If you are talking in the more broader sense, like you usually do, then no, all we really need is Roti, Kapda aur Makan.[emoji16]

And internet of course.[emoji14]

If someone has been using the iPhone right from the beginning, or even for 3-4 generations, then he/she will find it impossible to switch to Android. Plus, not to mention, the money that they have invested in the ecosystem, whether it be other Apple devices or Apps, will keep them tied to whatever Apple comes up with next.

If you are talking in the more broader sense, like you usually do, then no, all we really need is Roti, Kapda aur Makan.[emoji16]

And internet of course.[emoji14]
I meant a $800 piece of trash, if they already have ip5s and upwards..

^rajma chawal please.
I think its obvious that both manufacturer and customers will line up for any new "innovative" feature/product by Apple. Also agreed on the saturation thing. No major breakthrough in mobile tech atm while new feature like fingerprint security is being polished. And lets admit it, the number of camera megapixels is not going to cut it. :p

people dont really need apple products....do they?

Are you telling me that you are self sufficient for everything that you do need?
Unless you are saying that, you are dependent on businesses to get you what you need.

Hint: Think about where you get your rations. They won't even miss you if don't go to them anymore, but how long can you survive if you stop buying any rations.

So, its not that businesses cannot exist without customers , but that businesses exist because you need them.

Last edited:
Apple products definitely have very poor value for money and the lock-ins and restrictions make more of home appliances than computers and that is exactly why I will never buy any Apple product or endorse any of them (expect the MBP), but the fact that they have a thriving business means that there are enough people willing to believe that they need those products.

But, what you define as a impulsive or unnecessary purchase varies by everybody's own definition.

Somebody can come along and question the entirety of your own spending. Why did you spend money on a computer or a phone, why do you have electricity or internet in your home. Why do you need to purchase so many types of rations like rice, wheat, different types of pulses. Why do you need various condiments to spice up your food. You can just buy one single ration (may be the cheapest one) and survive of it. Doesn't that make very thing else that you buy, unnecessary and impulsive spending?

So, you have no standing to judge somebody else's needs and wants with your own scales and declare that certain thing is an impulsive or unnecessary purchase.

there are enough people willing to believe that they need those products.
In short, willing to be duped![DOUBLEPOST=1452876803][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, comparing food grains and other basic necessities for a decent living with a mobile phone that too a forced upgrade is like comparing apples with oranges.

^^ It may be comparing apple's and orange's but It doesn't change the fact that if you think that somebody's oranges are unnecessary, then there would be somebody who points out that your apple's are unnecessary no matter how necessary you think your apple's are for you. Your definition of decent living may not be not be the same as definition of decent living for somebody else.

Let the milking commence :p
http://gizmodo.com/apples-airpods-are-the-tiny-wireless-ear-buds-of-the-fu-1786292905
Also,
BeatsX will be available this Fall 2016 in black and white for $149.95 (US) from Apple’s retail stores in the US, Apple.com and authorized resellers. At launch, BeatsX will be available in black and white, with additional colors to follow.
Powerbeats3 Wireless will be available this Fall 2016 in black, white, siren red, shock yellow and flash blue for $199.95 (US) from Apple’s retail stores in the US, Apple.com and authorized resellers.
Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones will be available for pre-order beginning September 7th in gloss black, gloss white, gold, silver, rose gold and black for $299.95 (US) from Apple’s retail stores in the US, Apple.com and authorized resellers.

Last edited:
I really like the design so far (the design of earbuds) . need to see how they feel in real life.

The dam thing pops out of your ear.. and you well maybe looking at another pair off aliexpress.

Same here. Those earpods or whatever are crap and I hate them. Can never keep them fixed in the ear.
I am definitely not going to buy the iPhone 7 for now unless I can somehow score one for Free. :p

I have had iPhone 6 and 6S from last 2 years and never used earpods, they are always in the box , even my 6s are still packed, i hate them. I use mi IEM's with iPhone and them feel great. Now if I buy the 7, I have to attach the dongle all the time for run or heading to work, don't know what's the problem with apple. make a phone, like a phone! don't try to change the way people want to use the phone, come on!

Same here. Those earpods or whatever are crap and I hate them. Can never keep them fixed in the ear.
I am definitely not going to buy the iPhone 7 for now unless I can somehow score one for Free. :p
Same here, the earpods look plain ugly, (mostly uncomfortable to wear and maintain) though the beats ones are looking better. Apple watch 2 seems a better option now, as its in a refined second version (I'll be upgrading to iPhone 7 and apple watch 2 mostly).

Anyway Earpods are in the first version, so no need to buy - they'll improve in the next iteration.

Sounds very much Apple like. I would not be surprised at all if they actually implement this.
They have the skills to market this move and justify it also .... And there will be no shortage of ppl rushing to buy the new iphone even if its without a h/p jack.
I think if they go ahead with this they will figure some way to listen to songs and charge at the same time. It could very well be either in form of an additional accessory to allow using multiple device or wireless charging. Earning through certified and over priced accessories has been their business plan for long and they have very well monetized it.
Not surprised at ALL.
Just watched that part of the keynote and they have marketed it quite well. Courage he said :D lolz...
The one thing I hate most about Apple keynotes is they go so much gaga over the new features and so much over use the word BEST IPHONE EVER like they have invented fire and wheel every f..king time.
One plus and other phones too had RAW image support. Google had its own thing for shooting images with shallow depth of field.
And it sounds so stupid when they boast so much about their wireless headphones saying no one ever did anything in the wireless headphone segment... that such bullshit. Technically the new iphones have few features which are industry first (or kind of first) but the price will never justify it.
But now I have started to get a feeling that finally after 9 years of Iphones Apple is somewhat catching up with the rest of the market in terms of hardware offerings.
And its amazing how before every iphone release there is so much of "Selective" info leaked .... It cant always be a coincidence. #JustSaying :D

Back