Apple Finds Its Next Big Business: Showing Ads on Your iPhone

So, on 14th of August 2022, Mark Gurman, a reliable Bloomberg journalist covering news related to Apple, speculated the chance of Apple showing ads on their devices: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...inging-ads-to-maps-tv-and-books-apps-l6tdqqmg

Then, two-days later, on 16th of August, an article from Macrumous confirmed this: https://www.macworld.com/article/831218/ads-stocks-news-app-store-maps.html

apple-ads-news-4.png

This is quite an asinine step from Apple, considering how much their devices cost. And after years of branding Android as bloatware and adware-filled OS, they are now joining the crew. At least, on Android, you have the option to block ads system-wide, which you can't do with iOS devices.

If they do that, a few users will definitely drop. That wont matter to them though.

If anything, after its commercial success, other manufacturers will follow them!

I see a dystopian future with chips planted in brains which also show ads if you don't pay for some premium services!

If they do that, a few users will definitely drop. That wont matter to them though.

If anything, after its commercial success, other manufacturers will follow them!

I see a dystopian future with chips planted in brains which also show ads if you don't pay for some premium services!
Indeed. I mean full-priced video games like Call of Duty are now showing ads on their main loading screens. It's a menace.

multi-trillon dollar bhi kaam hai kya...
How much money they want exactly?

If they really doing this. Very cheap idea especially coming from Apple.

Someone here actually suggested to pay more and use cloud service for data storage in response to a complaint tha IOS doesn't allow simple file transfer from iPhone to PC. These fanboys writes a huge wall of text on how anything apple is not a problem and throwing more money at it is the best solution.

If this ad thing happens, the brain dead fanboys will come up with new excuse on how this is great for the consumers lol.

Remember, apple wanted a cut from Facebook ads and when that didn't happen they pulled the "savior of privacy" stunt and people ate it like a good fanboy.

I remember that one particular black mirror episode,!!!!

A pi-hole should be able to fix this, at least for the denizens of this forum.
Pretty sure they can do a YouTube and serve ads from the same domain in which case only client-level blocking works, which of course won't be possible on Apple devices.

Anyway, Apple will mostly put those in its News, Stocks and other info apps which at least I have never bothered to use.

Someone here actually suggested to pay more and use cloud service for data storage in response to a complaint tha IOS doesn't allow simple file transfer from iPhone to PC. These fanboys writes a huge wall of text on how anything apple is not a problem and throwing more money at it is the best solution.

If this ad thing happens, the brain dead fanboys will come up with new excuse on how this is great for the consumers lol.

Remember, apple wanted a cut from Facebook ads and when that didn't happen they pulled the "savior of privacy" stunt and people ate it like a good fanboy.
That was me and I suggested cloud storage to have the freedom of accessing files wherever you are. I also showed that I able to easily transfer content including photos from iPhone to PC.

PS: One small rumor and anti-fanboys salivate like mad dogs.

That was me and I suggested cloud storage to have the freedom of accessing files wherever you are. I also showed that I able to easily transfer content including photos from iPhone to PC.
Have you tried to make it work consistently like Android ? Cloud storage aint freedom just convenient for some situations until it stops working. iCloud is a joke of all cloud services.

PS: One small rumor and anti-fanboys salivate like mad dogs.
Being an anti-fanboy mad dog is better than corporate sheep.

Peace.

This shall bring drastic changes to market. assuming there are most users from entertainment category
As well way world will use internet for next coming years.

Have you tried to make it work consistently like Android ? Cloud storage aint freedom just convenient for some situations until it stops working. iCloud is a joke of all cloud services.
Yes. No issues for me. Probably it is your PC that is having bad drivers or something. There was another guy who also confirmed that there is no issue for him either.

Coming to iCloud : iCloud works as expected on Apple devices but I prefer 3rd party cloud services for storing files/photos. I use icloud to store my notes, to-dos, OS backup etc that do not take much space For more than a decade, Apple never seriously tried to make their services work with non-Apple devices and anyone who uses Apple products should be aware of this 'mentality' of Apple before jumping to Apple device. This is the reason why I use OneDrive instead so that all my data is available across all devices (Android, Windows, Linux, Apple).

My message to those who want to use Apple products: Either you go all in or live with the limitations with cross-platform compatibility. No amount of crying and ranting will help.

No offense, but why are people surprised? Did people honestly believe that Apple has 'better privacy' for the benefit of the people willing to pay them?

The companies have lost respect for money, hence want as much of it as possible. Subscription models, ads, anti-repair practices are all part and parcel on their never ending quest to squeeze more money out of their customers. They gave good UX for this purpose only - to get people hooked. PR campaigns where they're painted as the good guys. Thin veneers which some are seeing through but not enough. In capitalism you can only vote with your wallet.

Android's no better, but at least with a custom ROM you have some transparency.

No offense, but why are people surprised? Did people honestly believe that Apple has 'better privacy' for the benefit of the people willing to pay them?

The companies have lost respect for money, hence want as much of it as possible. Subscription models, ads, anti-repair practices are all part and parcel on their never ending quest to squeeze more money out of their customers. They gave good UX for this purpose only - to get people hooked. PR campaigns where they're painted as the good guys. Thin veneers which some are seeing through but not enough. In capitalism you can only vote with your wallet.

Android's no better, but at least with a custom ROM you have some transparency.
They already richest company in the world.
no one can even come close to money making like them .... Infact they could have continued to built on that reputation of premium service (no-ads, strict privacy etc) because if any most people would actually be happy to pay extra for it.
I hope it is rumor. Dont think if they really going to take U-turn on their foundation business policy .

They already richest company in the world.
no one can even come close to money making like them .... Infact they could have continued to built on that reputation of premium service (no-ads, strict privacy etc) because if any most people would actually be happy to pay extra for it.
I hope it is rumor. Dont think if they really going to take U-turn on their foundation business policy .
Rumours are usually addressed quickly to dispel any negative PR. Let's see how they respond.

Nope not a rumour. People are already seeing ads. It's already confirmed by Apple. It wants to increase ad income from 4bn to 10bn.

The only reason Apple didn't have ads before because it didn't own a big ad network like Facebook and Google. Ads are good on Apple as long as nobody else is profiting from them.

Nope not a rumour. People are already seeing ads. It's already confirmed by Apple. It wants to increase ad income from 4bn to 10bn.

The only reason Apple didn't have ads before because it didn't own a big ad network like Facebook and Google. Ads are good on Apple as long as nobody else is profiting from them.
This policy change will hit them hard at the some point if not immediately.
I hope consumers see through this and not let Apple take them for a ride even after paying premium.

Back