Apple introduces over-ear AirPods Max for Rs 59,900

No, it's not. I clearly said for flagship phones iPhones are the best value for money. I did give reasons backing up my statement, which I will not repeat.
One plus provides 3-4 years updates

Samsung phones come with promised 3 years updates now
Samsung pledges long-term Android OS update support for these Galaxy phones, tablets | Deccan Herald

Pixel phones are pixel phones. The best android experience in my opinion for those who don't flash ROMs

AOSMark - Android OS upgrade scores for phone manufacturers

Am glad you used to like Android once but your idea of Android vs ios is highly outdated and simply untrue over the past years. The things you mentioned are not advantages of ios or iPhone.

This is Android at the end of the day. You have the freedom and options. If you want to rely on the manufacturer to provide updates, you can go with the above. If you want vanilla, modded skins, etc. then there are other options

Independence is a privilege but if you want to be subservient (or unable to make decisions for yourself) and find that 'freeing' it is up to you.

Last edited:

Samsung pledges long-term Android OS update support for these Galaxy phones, tablets | Deccan Herald

Pixel phones are pixel phones. The best android experience in my opinion for those who don't flash ROMs

AOSMark - Android OS upgrade scores for phone manufacturers

Am glad you used to like Android once but your idea of Android vs ios is highly outdated and simply untrue over the past years. The things you mentioned are not advantages of ios or iPhone.

This is Android at the end of the day. You have the freedom and options. If you want to rely on the manufacturer to provide updates, you can go with the above. If you want vanilla, modded skins, etc. then there are other options

Independence is a privilege but if you want to be subservient (or unable to make decisions for yourself) and find that 'freeing' it is up to you.
Lol. In your dreams, I was a victim of OP2 fiasco where the update stopped within a year!!!

Lol. In your dreams, I was a victim of OP2 fiasco where the update stopped within a year!!!
And did the world stop after that or nothing since has happened? Just because every other iphone generation has returns due to battery or screen or slowness issues.. I don't see you crying that all iphone are bad?

Eh ? My wife's OP6 and mom's 6T are on A10 still. So 2 upgrades. Heck, 7 and 7T haven't received A11 yet.
The OP8 is a lesser phone then last year's 7 series. Add to it the absolutely ****all launch of OP8P - extremely low inventory since they were diverting stuff to western countries due to higher margins, major complaints against screen issues and over heating (they "fixed" the screen issue by limiting minimum brightness to a high number. Lol).
OP also started bundling Facebook services, harvesting data whether you use FB or not, posing serious privacy issues.

Samsung shits over Android with Exynos. Let's see how 2021 fares, but they have finally, AFTER A LOT OF YEARS, decided to give 3 Android updates - how long will they take to arrive is anyone's guess.

Pixels, yes. Been a Pixel user for 3 years+ now, and while I love the Pixel experience, Google needs to support Pixels for more than 3 years. When Apple can do it for 5-6 years, Google shouldn't do less - this is somewhat what Qualcomm and Google announced some days ago - 4 years of update going forward. 6 years update is a distant dream.

You can shit on Apple all you want, but their updates and support is solid.

Eh ? My wife's OP6 and mom's 6T are on A10 still. So 2 upgrades. Heck, 7 and 7T haven't received A11 yet.
The OP8 is a lesser phone then last year's 7 series. Add to it the absolutely ****all launch of OP8P - extremely low inventory since they were diverting stuff to western countries due to higher margins, major complaints against screen issues and over heating (they "fixed" the screen issue by limiting minimum brightness to a high number. Lol).
OP also started bundling Facebook services, harvesting data whether you use FB or not, posing serious privacy issues.

Samsung shits over Android with Exynos. Let's see how 2021 fares, but they have finally, AFTER A LOT OF YEARS, decided to give 3 Android updates - how long will they take to arrive is anyone's guess.

Pixels, yes. Been a Pixel user for 3 years+ now, and while I love the Pixel experience, Google needs to support Pixels for more than 3 years. When Apple can do it for 5-6 years, Google shouldn't do less - this is somewhat what Qualcomm and Google announced some days ago - 4 years of update going forward. 6 years update is a distant dream.

Just like apple users claim that "99% of users don't use xyz feature or don't need ABC freedom"... I can say "99% users don't use the same phone after 3 years"

So even though 10 years support will be great for all phones... Most users are fine with 3... If we have to shit on manufacturers for lesser updates... Why stop at 6 let's shit on all for not providing 10...why is 6 years optimal.. And am actually confident 90% users don't use the same phone more than 3 years now

For your manufactures comments i agree with all of them. I would prefer pixel too if I didn't like installing Roms

I'm not in to this Android vs Apple shit.. Since i do have couple of iOS devices and Android devices currently and in past used flagship devices from both!

But can you tell me exactly what is this so called apple updates brings into table? If i'm not wrong, they will introduce a poor bug in message/mails or some glitch in wifi/mobile reception and then fix it in next version.. and boasts the same saying Apple provides UPDATES!!!. It took couple of years for Apple to introduce small features like widgets, notifications...! And people boasts that apple provides updates for years.

And what exactly you missed in Android 10 which is available in Android 11?

And did the world stop after that or nothing since has happened? Just because every other iphone generation has returns due to battery or screen or slowness issues.. I don't see you crying that all iphone are bad?
Nah. I not an iPhone user. Just correcting the wrong facts u have mentioned over there. Except pixel phones I don't see any manufacturers providing 3 years of update..

Samsung yet to see. Inbtw I am using Samsung s20plus, only time will tell if I get 3 years of updates !!!

I'm not in to this Android vs Apple shit.. Since i do have couple of iOS devices and Android devices currently and in past used flagship devices from both!

But can you tell me exactly what is this so called apple updates brings into table? If i'm not wrong, they will introduce a poor bug in message/mails or some glitch in wifi/mobile reception and then fix it in next version.. and boasts the same saying Apple provides UPDATES!!!. It took couple of years for Apple to introduce small features like widgets, notifications...! And people boasts that apple provides updates for years.

And what exactly you missed in Android 10 which is available in Android 11?
My current reference point are iPads since I don't use any other iDevice.
We have an iPad 1 (the OG), an an iPad Air and an iPad Pro 10.5.
The iPad 1 is still running SOLID. Excellent battery backup, and works fine for reading and playing games already loaded.
The iPad Air and Pro (obviously) are still getting all iPadOS updates, and the recent updates have been game changers - much better multitasking support, widgets, pencil support, better home screen and so much more.
But the major issue on not getting long term updates is lack of security. Pixel 2, a Google phone, got it's last security update this month. That's the end of it !
An iDevice, even if not getting much features after 4 years, will get security updates.
For all the random shit my parents download on their phones, I'm pretty sure many of the apps harvest a ton of data, and I'll be a bit scared of them using an unprotected phone once the support collapses.

Coming to A11 - I like the new notifications, grouping, excellent battery features, apps supporting pop up bubbles, better camera, Google photos app among other stuff. Not to forget monthly security updates.

My current reference point are iPads since I don't use any other iDevice.
We have an iPad 1 (the OG), an an iPad Air and an iPad Pro 10.5.
The iPad 1 is still running SOLID. Excellent battery backup, and works fine for reading and playing games already loaded.
The iPad Air and Pro (obviously) are still getting all iPadOS updates, and the recent updates have been game changers - much better multitasking support, widgets, pencil support, better home screen and so much more.
But the major issue on not getting long term updates is lack of security. Pixel 2, a Google phone, got it's last security update this month. That's the end of it !
An iDevice, even if not getting much features after 4 years, will get security updates.
For all the random shit my parents download on their phones, I'm pretty sure many of the apps harvest a ton of data, and I'll be a bit scared of them using an unprotected phone once the support collapses.

Coming to A11 - I like the new notifications, grouping, excellent battery features, apps supporting pop up bubbles, better camera, Google photos app among other stuff. Not to forget monthly security updates.
iPad is classy with the available apps quality, (have two ipads at home)! You talk about mutitask support and which is exactly i point out.. because efficient multi task support in Android came way before even apple thought about it. Same of widgets, notifications, still somewhat i feel the android notifications are way better than what is available in iOS. It will take couple of years for Apple to fix these things and then it will provide updates, people will happy saying apple provide updates for years.

Notfications grouping at all, i've seen earlier versions of android itself(not sure which version exactly). After year usage of iphone xr, just back to pixel 4a, i'm very happy with it. Better camera is hardware specific and not exactly related to android versions.

Anyways, my point is, apple does provide updates, but it contains mostly the outdated features which must be there in android couple of years before itself, or it provide nasty bug fixes!

iPad is classy with the available apps quality, (have two ipads at home)! You talk about mutitask support and which is exactly i point out.. because efficient multi task support in Android came way before even apple thought about it. Same of widgets, notifications, still somewhat i feel the android notifications are way better than what is available in iOS. It will take couple of years for Apple to fix these things and then it will provide updates, people will happy saying apple provide updates for years.

Notfications grouping at all, i've seen earlier versions of android itself(not sure which version exactly). After year usage of iphone xr, just back to pixel 4a, i'm very happy with it. Better camera is hardware specific and not exactly related to android versions.

Anyways, my point is, apple does provide updates, but it contains mostly the outdated features which must be there in android couple of years before itself, or it provide nasty bug fixes!

100% true. These are not just your opinion almost a fact at this point.

One more curious phenomenon I have seen with fanbois....Till the feature like widgets is not available on ios and has been on android for years..."oh it is a stupid feature which 99% users don't need"...After apple catches up with a lesser or copied implementation..." Oh android did it the shit way...apple took time...but they did it in a much better way..."..When you ask them about the difference..." Oh you poor people wont understand getting into technicalities...Apple is much better...bcoz it is a better experience"...but why?...."Its useless arguing with poor people like you"

While I would have agreed on this 2-3 years back, I don't now.
Apple is running a very tight ship wrt opening up their OS to security vulnerabilities (aka some older versions of Android) and providing open features (new files app, document management etc). Something as simple as the Notes app is absolutely brilliant on the iPad, specially with Pencil support. Not to forget the Pencil can be used systemwide now ! How brilliant is that ?
Copy and paste is much better on iPad too (as compared to Android), and you can even copy stuff via drag and drop between different apps - super useful.
I hardly use widgets on my Pixel, but my left drawer is filled with them on the iPad. Perhaps more to do with the real estate.
I digress. The Apple of today is more open than that of yesterday, and it's a much needed move. They are trying to bring new flagship stuff to their devices - LIDAR is brilliant, iPhone now shoots in DV - crazy !
Eventually these will start trickling down to Androids too.

Bottom line is simple: These are not 2 mutually exclusive OSs, even if we feel so. They keep on borrowing stuff from each other pretty often, and that makes it all the better for the users.

Something as simple as the Notes app is absolutely brilliant on the iPad, specially with Pencil support. Not to forget the Pencil can be used systemwide now ! How brilliant is that ?
While your comparisons are for completely different product class of tablets vs phones...on tablets anyway android stopped being competition a few years ago in my eyes...Even I had to buy an ipad air for my parents as the android ecosystem for tablets is dead and no manufacturers care as it is such a niche market (all of you now label me as an anti-apple guy and I am proud of that btw)

Phones are a completely different matter.

For multitasking capabilities and stylus features, I would say Samsung is the best in the industry (by far). You can check out the below video to get a starting idea:

Aren't we talking about headphones?
Justifications have digressed into a completely unrelated product class where people have started saying "since A product is good from apple, all their products in all industries are best in class."

While it is an inaccurate assumption that can't be proved right, I don't even agree with the part "Since A product is good" of the argument, which is why I am replying to unrelated product comments too.

While your comparisons are for completely different product class of tablets vs phones...on tablets anyway android stopped being competition a few years ago in my eyes...Even I had to buy an ipad air for my parents as the android ecosystem for tablets is dead and no manufacturers care as it is such a niche market (all of you now label me as an anti-apple guy and I am proud of that btw)

Phones are a completely different matter.

For multitasking capabilities and stylus features, I would say Samsung is the best in the industry (by far). You can check out the below video to get a starting idea:

User of many Note series till I think Note 5 or 6. While the concept is great, I'm not paying a lac for the most inferior SoC, and poor software support in the long run.

Exynos is a sub standard system (so far), SD is midway, and AS is at the top. Nobody in their right mind should pay that much for a Note 20 with an Exynos chip. I'll bite the SD variant if Samsung improves it's track record for updates.
Aren't we talking about headphones?
I don't know who started this Android vs iOS, but I got carried away. :(

Samsung doesn't get enough credit for keeping the faith on stylus.
Sure Apple pencils are great now, but Apple definitely took inspiration from the sucess of Samsung Note series.
Apple did some terrible things to the industry too.. and others followed..
1. Taking away the headphone jack from phones.
2. Introduced that terrible notch for the stupid facial recognition. Those who say the notch doesn't bother them are denying their own experience ( Apple has mastered this craft of self deceiving behaviour of their customers)
3. Taking away all the ports from their laptops except USB C..Music industry and professional photographers did suffer and still suffering for this fatal omission.
If you know about these professionals, you must know most of them carry an ultrabook with them while on tour/ outdoor shoots...for wildlife photographers tethering an iPad all the time is not a feasable option.
However Dell started doing the same with XPS..and others joined the game.
Here I'm not talking about people who work within a browser most of the time ( they may be able to do their work even in a portless laptop). Real people with real work ( who travels a lot truly need an ultrabook not for showing off) need at least a single USB A and a sd card slot.
4. Now this M1 chip: I'm not a technical person, but I did expect at least Apple's own softwares should work with the new chip flawlessly. At least the Youtubers said so!!
Everything was running great for them!!
But in reality, even the latest updated Logic Pro X DOES NOT work properly in the M1 machines.
Your previously saved settings do not load half the time, the midi editor acts funny at times.
Most importantly rewiring Ableton crashes the damn software everytime.
Oh!! Even if you set up the program to autosave the project every 10 minutes, it doesn't always work. You may loose hours of your work in these new fancy Apple toys.
BTW 90 percent of audio interfaces do not work, even major ones like UAD. ( It's not exactly Apple's fault, but it looks like the entire music industry is against Apple...even Native Instruments didn't bother to update Kontakt to work with these machines)
Sure, things do work with the Rosetta thing to certain extent, but that defeats the whole purpose of buying the new hardware.
I don't really understand how the Youtuber's are so happy with these new toys!! Linus straightway told me not to buy these yet ( he knows my usage case) but he doesn't like Apple one bit.
Marcus will remain politically correct and never share his honest opinion ( but won't be lying either)
But most if the other reviewers are either lying or do not use a laptop for any productivity related thing.
I've seen how badly Logic is working with the new chip...it's unbelievable!!

But in reality, even the latest updated Logic Pro X DOES NOT work properly in the M1 machines.
Your previously saved settings do not load half the time, the midi editor acts funny at times.
Most importantly rewiring Ableton crashes the damn software everytime.
Oh!! Even if you set up the program to autosave the project every 10 minutes, it doesn't always work. You may loose hours of your work in these new fancy Apple toys.
BTW 90 percent of audio interfaces do not work, even major ones like UAD. ( It's not exactly Apple's fault, but it looks like the entire music industry is against Apple...even Native Instruments didn't bother to update Kontakt to work with these machines)
Sure, things do work with the Rosetta thing to certain extent, but that defeats the whole purpose of buying the new hardware.
I don't really understand how the Youtuber's are so happy with these new toys!! Linus straightway told me not to buy these yet ( he knows my usage case) but he doesn't like Apple one bit.
Marcus will remain politically correct and never share his honest opinion ( but won't be lying either)
But most if the other reviewers are either lying or do not use a laptop for any productivity related thing.
I've seen how badly Logic is working with the new chip...it's unbelievable!!
Here's my non professional take on this - M1 is Apple's first foray into the laptop segment, and that's why they've restricted the number of models with it.
They're in a transitory phase, and things should soothen out over several months when support becomes more common. Rosetta is a far better layer than what anybody has brought to the table so far - look at Win RT. It's pathetic.
For professionals, it makes sense to wait for a generational upgrade to ensure all crinkles are ironed out. For regular users, the M1s are great.

Always curious about this thing...who is a regular use? Someone who works mostly inside a browser? Isn't a Chromebook enough for that case scenario?
Do such an user need the power of M1 chip?
The new Air weighs 1.29Kg...and this is CRAZILY HEAVY..if LG makes a 13 inch Gram ( presently weighs 965 grams with all necessary ports including a microSD slot ) with 400 grams in hand ( > 500 grams if they get rid of ports like Air) they could easily squeeze in a much larger battery ( whatever max is allowed in airplane) with similar battery life like the Air.
Wouldn't that be a better laptop for casual users?
I'm not trying to bash Apple, in fact was planning to buy one, but after seeing one in action I can confidently say, even as a gen 1 product it's nothing revolutionary or this much hype worthy.
Asus or even cheap shitty manufacturer like Acer comes up with more interesting laptops very often.
Just think about the audacity of Apple...they are making a 1.3kg laptop in 2020 and calling it Air!! 1.3 kilograms with their custom chip and everything!!
Imagine what a brand like Samsung could do if they had a similar chip ( considering what they did with their series 9 laptops years ago with those old inefficient intel CPUs)
Anyway I'm no expert in either hardware or software.
But all my enthusiasm for this new Mac is gone, just like the Apple headphones.
haha, suddenly people waking up and realizing that, they need another thread for discussion of Android vs ios after conveniently discussing OT for 10 pages! So funny
This is the best thing about TE mate, people with mad passion for tech!! Good old TE!!

Back