Apple introduces over-ear AirPods Max for Rs 59,900

Always curious about this thing...who is a regular use? Someone who works mostly inside a browser? Isn't a Chromebook enough for that case scenario?
Do such an user need the power of M1 chip?
The new Air
I consider myself as a regular user - need almost all Office apps (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc) running most of the time. About 20-30 tabs in Chrome, some downloads via IDM in the background. 2-4 times a week I fire up Photoshop or Lightroom or Affinity for photo editing.
Except this some regular backups etc.
For me, the advantage would be quicker photo edits, and excellent battery life.

Don't forget that Air is unibody construction made out of single block of aluminium. No other laptop has the built quality that can match it especially those that are made from plastic. Also putting in the largest size battery won't do anything if the software is not optimised. M1 Air is undisputed champion when it comes to battery life.

Don't forget that Air is unibody construction made out of single block of aluminium. No other laptop has the built quality that can match it especially those that are made from plastic. Also putting in the largest size battery won't do anything if the software is not optimised. M1 Air is undisputed champion when it comes to battery life.
Hardly by 2 hours and that too on a base of 12-14 hours for other laptops . That can easily be overcome with a bigger battery,so again your words of "no other laptop" and "undisputed" both are untrue and just your opinions.

I consider myself as a regular user - need almost all Office apps (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc) running most of the time. About 20-30 tabs in Chrome, some downloads via IDM in the background. 2-4 times a week I fire up Photoshop or Lightroom or Affinity for photo editing.
Except this some regular backups etc.
For me, the advantage would be quicker photo edits, and excellent battery life.

You can switch to edge or firefox... Both take up much less cpu and ram... So that automatically overcomes the things you mentioned.

Even my i3 older gen nuc I am able to open 20 tabs on edge without issues

I would love to see how an apple laptop copes with 30 chrome tabs with just 8 gb ram. Lets see apple make ram from thin air.

Last edited:
Hardly by 2 hours and that too on a base of 12-14 hours for other laptops . That can easily be overcome with a bigger battery,so again your words of "no other laptop" and "undisputed" both are untrue and just your opinions.
I'm curious to know which laptop can give 14 hours of battery life - with the same performance as M1, and under the price of 1L INR ?

Samsung doesn't get enough credit for keeping the faith on stylus.
Sure Apple pencils are great now, but Apple definitely took inspiration from the sucess of Samsung Note series.
Apple did some terrible things to the industry too.. and others followed..
1. Taking away the headphone jack from phones.
2. Introduced that terrible notch for the stupid facial recognition. Those who say the notch doesn't bother them are denying their own experience ( Apple has mastered this craft of self deceiving behaviour of their customers)
3. Taking away all the ports from their laptops except USB C..Music industry and professional photographers did suffer and still suffering for this fatal omission.
If you know about these professionals, you must know most of them carry an ultrabook with them while on tour/ outdoor shoots...for wildlife photographers tethering an iPad all the time is not a feasable option.
However Dell started doing the same with XPS..and others joined the game.
Here I'm not talking about people who work within a browser most of the time ( they may be able to do their work even in a portless laptop). Real people with real work ( who travels a lot truly need an ultrabook not for showing off) need at least a single USB A and a sd card slot.
4. Now this M1 chip: I'm not a technical person, but I did expect at least Apple's own softwares should work with the new chip flawlessly. At least the Youtubers said so!!
Everything was running great for them!!
But in reality, even the latest updated Logic Pro X DOES NOT work properly in the M1 machines.
Your previously saved settings do not load half the time, the midi editor acts funny at times.
Most importantly rewiring Ableton crashes the damn software everytime.
Oh!! Even if you set up the program to autosave the project every 10 minutes, it doesn't always work. You may loose hours of your work in these new fancy Apple toys.
BTW 90 percent of audio interfaces do not work, even major ones like UAD. ( It's not exactly Apple's fault, but it looks like the entire music industry is against Apple...even Native Instruments didn't bother to update Kontakt to work with these machines)
Sure, things do work with the Rosetta thing to certain extent, but that defeats the whole purpose of buying the new hardware.
I don't really understand how the Youtuber's are so happy with these new toys!! Linus straightway told me not to buy these yet ( he knows my usage case) but he doesn't like Apple one bit.
Marcus will remain politically correct and never share his honest opinion ( but won't be lying either)
But most if the other reviewers are either lying or do not use a laptop for any productivity related thing.
I've seen how badly Logic is working with the new chip...it's unbelievable!!
Wow this just goes to show how biased and unreliable the youtube reviews are... Just pathetic

I'm curious to know which laptop can give 14 hours of battery life - with the same performance as M1, and under the price of 1L INR ?
Let me answer it how most of the apple users have over the ages... Justifying the inferior apple products

Don't go by raw specs... Experience matters.. And non macos experience is simply better.. Only geeks go for raw specs

How much does this 16 hour battery life matter... Most of the time these manufacturers just try to beef up useless stuff.. Nobody cares about that... Experience matters

Price might be a bit higher but you're going to get a much more mature and superior experience... Nobody knows what this chip is.. Most of the softwares don't work on it... Wait a year and see.. I would suggest spending a bit more and go for the better non macos experience

Don't fall for raw specs.. Go for the better experience

On a serious note, I remember reading it in one of the reviews.. Can't be arsed to look that up now.

Last edited:
He doesn't have the answer, because there is none.
There is none !!!

Again utter fabrication. Again!

Here are 5 windows ones with battery life >14 hours. Top 3 are NOT APPLE.

Now let me ask you. How is the apple laptop going to cope with just 8gb ram. Am sure your typical apple user response would be "oh specs don't matte. What will one do with more ram. You don't need ram. Apple does that using thin air. Go for the experience. Blah blah blah"

The laptops with best battery life you can buy today

Dell Latitude 9510: 18:17

Dell Latitude 9410 2-in-1: 16:54

Asus ExpertBook B9450: 16:42

Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020): 16:32

Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15: 15:44

MacBook Air with M1: 14:41

LG Gram 14 2-in-1 (2020): 14:00

Dell Latitude 7400: 13:23

HP Spectre x360 (13-inch, Late 2019): 13:20

Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1: 13:08

Lenovo Chromebook Duet: 12:46

Dell XPS 13 9380 (2019): 12:22

Lenovo Yoga C630: 12:14

Dell XPS 15: 11:53

I completely agree with you guys about the battery thing.Even very expensive Windows ultrabook's battery life degrade pretty rapidly. 3-4 year old Air still chugs along for 3-4 hours or more under light load.
But the build quality, hell NO!! I have/had 2 MBPs and 2 Airs in the house in last 10 years.
All unibody ones. These are extremely prone to develop dings with minor bumps, very small drops ( often on thin carpets...those we have on summers) and boy..those keyboards!! Those are water/ liquid magnets.
Agreed, the keyboards themselves ( never had any butterfly ones) were VERY good, zero flex, very nice to type on and backlighting is awesome ( so many stages with uniform lighting), not a single letter or number faded after years of use, but one drop of water/ liquid...the laptop will act up eventually..often after months actually.
Yes, they are very rigid laptops with minimal screenflex, but MacBooks ( both pro and Air) need to be babied.
Newer expensive Windows ultrabooks are also very well made. I've a LG gram, which looks very cheap, though the lid is very scratch prone and flexes a lot, it's actually a very sturdy laptop..beyond my expectations. And it's significantly lighter. My wife's gram (13 inch) is even lighter.
And the weight difference at this level is very significant. The Air ( 13 inch, possibly 2015 model) feels a lot heavier now.
While there's no denying the fact that Apple laptops are very well build, they are not rugged by any means and by today's standards, IMHO the Air is heavy.

There is none !!!

Again utter fabrication. Again!

Here are 5 windows ones with battery life >14 hours. Top 3 are NOT APPLE.

Now let me ask you. How is the apple laptop going to cope with just 8gb ram. Am sure your typical apple user response would be "oh specs don't matte. What will one do with more ram. You don't need ram. Apple does that using thin air. Go for the experience. Blah blah blah"

Dell Latitude 7400: 13:23

HP Spectre x360 (13-inch, Late 2019): 13:20

Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1: 13:08

Lenovo Chromebook Duet: 12:46

Dell XPS 13 9380 (2019): 12:22

Lenovo Yoga C630: 12:14

Dell XPS 15: 11:53

Also putting in the largest size battery won't do anything if the software is not optimised. M1 Air is undisputed champion when it comes to battery life.

These are better performing (software support, ram) , better screen and some with better build as m1, some lighter and touchscreen

so i get your point how it violates 2 things : Its performance is better than m1 though it is a bit more expensive

Nobody on the windows side is insane enough to pay 1 lakh just for 2-3 hours more battery

Last edited:
5D09F495-2C38-4EB2-BB1A-CDE21EF3AAD5.gif

These are better performing (software support, ram) , better screen and some with better build as m1, some lighter and touchscreen

so i get your point how it violates 2 things : Its performance is better than m1 though it is a bit more expensive

Nobody on the windows side is insane enough to pay 1 lakh just for 2-3 hours more battery
So that means there is none.. what are you trying to prove then by mentioning same models twice?

So that means there is none.. what are you trying to prove then by mentioning same models twice?
That your statements are completely baseless. You have expressed what you desire to be true as a fact.

You mentioned ;

1. Putting a bigger battery won't give better life on windows because only macos is optimized all others can't use battery juice

2. M1 is an undisputed champion. It is not. As the data above proves it is not even a champion, forget being an undisputed champion

Both your statements were at least misleading if not false again as proven by the data above, not in my opinion or what I wish was true.

That your statements are completely baseless. You have expressed what you desire to be true as a fact.

You mentioned ;

1. Putting a bigger battery won't give better life on windows because only macos is optimized all others can't use battery juice

2. M1 is an undisputed champion. It is not. As the data above proves it is not even a champion, forget being an undisputed champion

Both your statements were at least misleading if not false again as proven by the data above, not in my opinion or what I wish was true.
First of all my question is still unanswered, you revolving around it but not answering it.

Secondly, I said M1 Air is undisputed champion in battery life. It stands true, rest of them have bigger batteries and poor FHD screens. You can increase the battery size and decrease the resolution, obviously battery life will surpass that of M1 Air.

Some interesting insights in this video.
I was about to put a link to Jason's video. He is a legit sound engineer, I've worked with him for some Iowa based band ( he mixed I mastered 3 songs, I mixed he mastered another 4 in the same album)
He's couple of years older to me ( he's 48, looks older) and I can assure you it's not a paid review.
He should have compared with the drop Panda, he had them for some time.
Check out the review of DMS. He also has the Panda, that guy works with Abyss. Knows a few things about headphones.
Apple has done one good thing...at least now people know how bad the 1000XM4s are.
They are really really bad sounding headphones with great ANC. By bad, I mean really bad. 300 EUR is not a small budget for headphones, if Sony got away with XM4 ( not only got away, some "experts" made them legendary) why not Apple!?

Last edited:
First of all my question is still unanswered, you revolving around it but not answering it.

Secondly, I said M1 Air is undisputed champion in battery life. It stands true, rest of them have bigger batteries and poor FHD screens. You can increase the battery size and decrease the resolution, obviously battery life will surpass that of M1 Air.

You said bigger battery won't help windows laptop. It is clearly doing that. Mac laptop has much inferior battery life compared to the top 3 windows laptops I mentioned.

You didn't mention the tnc which you are doing now. You said nobody can beat m1 in battery life (which is what undisputed champion means) which is untrue

M1 is 400 gm heavier than lg gram. Almost 50% heavier. If you put more battery obviously your laptop will be heavier and have a better battery life.

You said none of the windows laptops can have battery of 14 hours. Which is again untrue as well.

You haven't answered my question about ram and other specs. Suddenly because apple has 1 better stat you have become peak hypocritical, now you want to talk of only 1 spec when all your life you have said specs are meaningless. Peak part of hypocrisy is you still don't agree to inferiority on other specs saying experience matters or just dodging it but you want a world champion belt (falsely) for one spec and you want the world to bow down to apple because you have been brainwashed into believing that it is the best laptop theoretically possible

Back