Apple introduces over-ear AirPods Max for Rs 59,900

our friend here suffers from apple derangement syndrome. its same as apple fanboi but in opposite fashion.

if you’ve watched the entire video that guy said the same thing. that plug-ins are not working yet and music people should not jump on m1.
it’s because of our deranged friend here that you assumed i am an apple fanboy.
yes i have an m1 but it is because my usecase is different. and i am always curious about new and bleeding edge technologies.
No no!! I didn't assume you to be a fanboy. I was just amazed by the stupidity of the guy in that video.
He's trying to make a video on audio plugins with M1 chip, he never mentioned the critical things like types of plugins( not AU/ VST/ AAX...he doesn't know these things) but at least types of native plugins in Logic. Not all are AU ( Otherwise another DAW like DP could use them but they can't) These types of non AU plugins are working perfectly fine.
A modified wrapper from a company ( possibly Bluecat) is actually working in native mode.
AU is non proprietary ( unlike AAX- only Protools..that's not working either...imagine the implications...all studios still swear by that behemoth...the M1 Apple is completely useless for them) but used by Apple for decades, yet they can not fix it before release.
Logic is possibly Apple's biggest selling software, yet they didn't fix it properly before release.
People with casual use is not the primary focus of Apple as most of them never buy softwares ( we all know how easy to pirate Apple's software and they are mostly safe)
It's the studios where Apple is loosing heavily. They buy in bulk, buy softwares in bulk.
If Apple comes up with an iMac with M1 chip now, not a single studio will buy it.
Let's get the bitter truth out of the way first. Benchmarking geeks actually doesn't do much in a laptop, they just spend hours in tinkering with the settings, downloading pirated software like Photoshop, it's plugins etc. Funnily most of them will never use 1 percent of Photoshop's awesome power ( as they never took the time to learn the software) The new photo app should be able to take care of all their needs easily.
I used to be one of those people. Googling the best photo editing app and finding the torrent...never really learned the software.
I've seen geeks with Macs using MS Office ( as they have read MS office is way more powerful than Apple's offerings) They didn't even try to learn the beautiful Keynote or the simple yet fairly powerful Numbers or Pages.
IMHO an average geek is a knowledge hub of latest softwares, their pros, cons etc. But he/ she usually don't want to learn a software well enough.
Look at this thread...usage scenario...mostly Microsoft office and 199 tabs in Chrome...if these things runs good it must be good.
Sure it's power usage...so many tabs...but do you think it's a sane usage pattern? I often do the same ( I'm a poser, wannabe geek)
Linux users are the best...they open a terminal window..the highest peak of human intelligence..the write sudo apt get something something, press enter..boom a rocket leaves for Pluto or beyond...they can monitor the neighbor's wifi traffic...with Kali Linux!! Aesome stuff.
But do these activities are of any use? Do these things need a 1000 dollars laptop?
We are fighting for M1 chip, what will we do with all the power?
To the point!

The guy is throwing opinions as facts. I have used Windows for 15 years, Android for 8 years including flashing stuff from XDA, MacOS for 3 years and iOS for 2 years. I have gained all perspectives of all sides with their pros and cons. But this guy is full of air it seems, whenever I throw something technical he can't hold the discussion and comes back to name calling like kids.
You are a genius or I'm an idiot. 3 years on Mac and iOS and you know all their pros and cons!!
You may be able to solve my problem(s)
1.How core audio in Mac OS solves the audio latency issues ( less than 10 milliseconds)so effortlessly when an audio interface is connected to a DAW in Mac even with high sample rate (512)? How does ASIO4ALL solves this issue so easily?
2. How the sleep images get corrupted in Macs but not in Windows?
3. Why iOS will never have a easily understandable file manager even after jail break?
4. Why audio producers hate Windows beside the abysmal latency? They now hate Macs too, but that's port related.
I am a knob, it took me a month to understand drum racks in Live and 3 months to understand the clip and arrangement views.
I've used Macs for a decade, iOS from 3GS to 6S... still don't understand the technicalities.

Last edited:
Please stay on topic.
Report any off-topic posts.
there is a problem here. i really appreciate an opposing view. just because it is freedom of speech. but also important for keeping perspective with regards to not getting blinded but personal biases.
what has been happening w.r.t apple here on this forum is that our deranged friend here is indulging in flame baiting, hijacking and other trolling behavior.
he literally asked me to meet in person outside the forum confines so that he could “show me”. this is really getting ridiculous and mods need to handle it.
btw, these are the exact reasons that i’ve been trolling him. its like i am wrestling with a pig and i am feeling dirty.

there is a problem here. i really appreciate an opposing view. just because it is freedom of speech. but also important for keeping perspective with regards to not getting blinded but personal biases.
what has been happening w.r.t apple here on this forum is that our deranged friend here is indulging in flame baiting, hijacking and other trolling behavior.
he literally asked me to meet in person outside the forum confines so that he could “show me”. this is really getting ridiculous and mods need to handle it.
btw, these are the exact reasons that i’ve been trolling him. its like i am wrestling with a pig and i am feeling dirty.

was this on pm or in the thread ? please pm this

Please don't close this thread, this product is really interesting. And this thread cleared few important things..
1. People have paid a lot for a badly hyped headphone ( 1000XM4)
2. ANC is a good feature for sure, but sound quality suffers ( often a lot) Apple has dealt with this rather nicely. That's a large step forward.

I don't know what exactly Apple did. I've never heard those ( got full refund)
I've only read reviews and saw YouTube videos.
According to some YouTubers I do trust ( regarding audio)
1. ANC in these cans do in fact cancels higher frequencies like a baby crying pretty well.
Moreover sudden abrupt noises are now better cancelled ( that's a very challenging issue technically)
2. Now the distortion with ANC engaged: The distortion mostly occurs in the low mid, high mid bass area ( most listeners can't hear sub bass distortion) of the audible spectrum.
Honestly I don't know how or why, possibly something to do with the phase reversion of the incoming sound at a particular rate in these spectrums.
According to my very limited understanding of wireless audio and ANC principles Apple's microphones are picking a much wider spectra of sound with very very high sampling rate and producing the inverted signal at a similar wide range.
Since the spectral width is very high ( possibly covering a major area of audible range) and the wave width is very narrow ( insanely high sample rate i.e no of waves per millisecond) our ears are not picking up the distortion ( minimal noise floor across the audible range)
As Jason pointed out in his video ( Painfully honest tech is the channel's name) he can't really figure out the distortion but it must be there ( as a audio engineer, I'm pretty sure he's looking at some spectral analyzer ( possibly iZotope Rx), he can see the distortion/ noise floor but can't hear it. It happens with us, older people all the time..we see distortion, but can't hear it.
But the noise floor must be very very low as DMS talked about it ( he has exceptionally good ears, he's trained and young.. after all he works for Abyss)
But it's Apple, they will never let us know what's happening behind the scene. But at the same time it's audio, not a silicon chip..some sound engineer will figure it out..no company ever leaked their ANC secret, but the basics of ANC is simple, Sony figured it out and made it better than Bose ( but absolutely ruined the sound), Sennheiser didn't go for ultimate ANC, they took a middle ground with adequate ANC but pretty good DAC and amp ( and a typical Momentum DSP chain for Momentum 3 and a relatively less aggressive compression and flat EQ for PXC 550)

But we should all give Apple some credit for what they have done with their first ANC wireless over ear headphones. If Sony/ Sennheiser can charge 350-400 USD for their TOTL ANC cans, Apple's price doesn't seem extremely ridiculous ( Yes, Indian pricing is absurd and it's totally not worth it) but 40K INR for it is still overpriced but digestible in my book.
If you want a technical explanation of why it is far superior than something like XM4 and why I would always prefer PXC550 over all of them irrespective of price..I would take some time, take pictures of various audio plugin softwares with values used as DSP correction for them and post it here with audio samples. But that may take a long time. First I only have my laptop with only 2 DAWs and very few plugins. Secondly I don't have all the audio files with me, but can download them from my cloud accounts ( but it will take time and will be really boring if not interested in hardcore audio editing)

Last edited:
There is no doubt that these stand up really well to the current top of the field. Also, Apple will be supporting this extremely well compared to the buggy firmware deployed by Sony and Bose on a regular basis. They will be pulling off quite a few tricks with computational audio going forward.

The fact that it is limited to wireless and 256 Kbps AAC for most streaming situations is a huge letdown as is the insistence on Lightning and charging for other connectors. However, this will become the leading choice for a lot of Apple users and will invariably become a bestseller. It is quiet like the smartwatch market in that sense where Apple has taken the lead on the back of its iOS devices.

This guy knows his audio. Not an engineer, but knows the basics (compression, loudness,EQ, gain staging etc.) well enough.
And he has amazing ears, he's not a full time Youtuber, rather work for a VERY HIGH END headphone company ( got the job for his excellent hearing abilities) and definitely not a blind follower of Apple.
We have similar preference in sound signature ( unlike Zeos) and except for Airpod Pros, we like and dislike similar headphones.
If you are satisfied with XM4's mid bass or Bose's recent obsession with 10k spike, this is NOT the review for you. But if you think Sony single handedly lowered the bar for wireless audio, THIS IS THE review in YouTube.

Please don't close this thread, this product is really interesting. And this thread cleared few important things..
1. People have paid a lot for a badly hyped headphone ( 1000XM4)
2. ANC is a good feature for sure, but sound quality suffers ( often a lot) Apple has dealt with this rather nicely. That's a large step forward.
I don't know man. If you get the XM3/4's on sale then its a good deal. I got the XM3's for ~ 16.5k a few months ago and they're much more used than my M50's (previous travel/etc headphones) as their sound isn't that different. For the majority of the people, that level of sound quality is good enough and convenience matters most. (I'm just at the beginner level and thats good enough for me). Getting the XM4 for audio quality is not a good idea but it honestly doesn't sound 'bad'.

Its hard to take a headphone like the Sundara out of the house as they're way too fragile for that and Hifiman is know for their wonky QC. Plus i'll need a separate amp as the bass out of my phone is pretty poor compared to the Magni 3. So they've been getting used lesser and lesser as life is hitting hard.

Just to give you an example - I asked my brother to A/B my EQ'd XM3 and the Sundara and he said they both sounded nice while the sundara's were slightly "clearer". He doesn't listen to headphones much but does have a decent audio setup at home for the price.

Edit : Just to add, my point was that I believe Sony/Bose, etc will probably launch something like the 2000XM4 or something for $449 which will probably sound very close to the Airpods and Apple selling these like hot cakes will open up the market as usual.
I just hope that the second generation Max actually have a decent case and battery life

Last edited:
This guy knows his audio. Not an engineer, but knows the basics (compression, loudness,EQ, gain staging etc.) well enough.
And he has amazing ears, he's not a full time Youtuber, rather work for a VERY HIGH END headphone company ( got the job for his excellent hearing abilities) and definitely not a blind follower of Apple.
We have similar preference in sound signature ( unlike Zeos) and except for Airpod Pros, we like and dislike similar headphones.
If you are satisfied with XM4's mid bass or Bose's recent obsession with 10k spike, this is NOT the review for you. But if you think Sony single handedly lowered the bar for wireless audio, THIS IS THE review in YouTube.
Just checked the review. Summed up well, and called the best ANC headphones but not for audio quality. We are better off with wired or bt headphones w.o ANC

Good review and I have subbed his channel [emoji106]

You're absolutely right. If you've bought a pair of headphones and like what you are listening, there's nothing like it.
There's nothing wrong to like XM4/ XM3.
I was talking about the headphone reviewers. Some of them don't even compare with anything and conclude that it's the best wireless headphones ever made.. period!!
Now someone who is used to Beyer's DT880 buys it and thinks something must be wrong with his ears..
BTW the "slightly clearer" opinion of your brother ( who is not familiar with headphones) is actually a huge one for a headphone enthusiast.
In the world of portable personal audio, law of diminishing return is actually law of miniscule return.
@ everyone, please don't take my statement about XM4 personally. I'm an idiot to take audio quality so seriously, this hobby is actually an obsession.
These are just headphones... we're a small group of very fortunate people who can afford even to talk about expensive headphones/ other gadgets in these trying times.

Last edited:
Reading about hifi audio stuff since long . The only test one should do while comparing audio stuff is blind test.
Say that take 10 headphones and test with your eyes blind folded. I am sure these 60k worth of shitpod will not be among top 5.

No offence to anyone, but I do not trust the headphones subreddit.
People there make huge posts on EQing headphones without even knowing the absolute basics of EQ.
For example most of the experts don't know the meaning of high/ low pass, ducking, shelves, Q values and similar rudimentary things of audio engineering.
It takes years to master the art.
Spotify forces engineers to use -14dB LUFS at master chain with -1dB TP at most. If your band exceeds the -14dB LUFS, they force you to limit the true peak value of -2dB....Imagine a full 5/6 member rock/ metal band with a complete drum kit, distorted guitars, screaming vocals with target LUFS of -14dB!!
When this is the standard, how on earth can someone judge the quality of headphones/ earphones with Spotify!!??
The Spotify EQ!! How do you know if they are adding a compressor or not if you change some values? You cannot even change the Q value around a particular frequency!!
Moreover if a headphone or IEM needs EQ to sound balanced, what's the point of buying a good/ bad one? In theory we can change the sound of any pair of headphones/ speakers to something more expensive ( Sonarwork Reference SW was built for this purpose to check mixes in studio) But in practice that never really works.
Please understand I have no intention of bashing Apple. I don't know much about technicalities of wireless audio. But I do know the airpod Pros don't sound natural at all.
For me judging quality is a very simple process of 2 steps
1. Listen to a song that I've mixed myself... directly from the DAW's master out-that's for neutrality ( as I am fully aware of the original as I mixed it myself) as I'm not using any external SW which may change the output.
2. Listen to some nicely mastered popular music ( mostly Steely Dan stuff as the mastering is top notch) to understand the timbre, soundstage etc.
Airpod Pros failed miserably in both tests. But it's not only Apple, almost all wireless headphones I've heard distort sound...some more ( XM4 absolutely crazy amount, Airpod Pros a little less possibly, Sennheiser's Momentum TWS/ PXC 550 a lot less)
Now please tell me if I'm not following common logic and basics of audio engineering.
I'm extremely aware how horrible Spotify EQ is and I've never used it before I switched to iPhone and the airpods. Even on the iPhone, I've found that other bluetooth devices distort horribly with Spotify EQ (even car audio) but the airpods don't at all. I have no idea why is it. On each and every android phone I root the very first day or second day to install viper4android as I simply cannot live without it. I just love the level of customization it offers and tbh I have not found something like it anywhere else. I was spoiled by it. And guess what even Android's horrible bluetooth volume/quality was fixable with some settings!

However, what I meant is that, with the Airpods, a very slight adjustment even in the Spotify EQ makes quite a bit of difference and I'm happy that I don't have to fiddle around a lot of teeny tiny adjustments to get it to sound like how I want. Good quality bass + detailed audio with no sibilance = me happy :) I'd like more imaging (guess the term is correct), but it's simply not physically possible in such a convenient form factor. Transparency mode helps alleviate that weird and horrible 'piercing into' the canal feeling of every other IEM.

APTx HD and APTx are very very close. NO!! The volume isn't low at all..go to the developers option and find something like unlink with absolute volume or something. Now swipe down the volume on the
OT but this is exactly the problem with Android. And in my experience this didn't do anything.

And did the world stop after that or nothing since has happened? Just because every other iphone generation has returns due to battery or screen or slowness issues.. I don't see you crying that all iphone are bad?
Man are you alright? Have you ever used a 6s? It is a 2015 phone. It still works brilliantly without any issues. Tell me one Android phone from, heck even 2017 that works as good as this phone. And guess what, daylight camera quality and video quality still puts into shame many mediocre supposedly 'premium' phones from your favourite OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme devices. except dynamic range.
User of many Note series till I think Note 5 or 6. While the concept is great, I'm not paying a lac for the most inferior SoC, and poor software support in the long run.

Exynos is a sub standard system (so far), SD is midway, and AS is at the top. Nobody in their right mind should pay that much for a Note 20 with an Exynos chip. I'll bite the SD variant if Samsung improves it's track record for updates.

I don't know who started this Android vs iOS, but I got carried away. :(

Any tech geek buying a flagship Samsung with an Exynos chip at that price is such a fool. Even camera is bad compared to iphones of yesteryear. To the one who will contradict without even reading, please go and try out both phones and come back instead of watching a couple of youtube videos where they themselves don't know any shit.

Samsung doesn't get enough credit for keeping the faith on stylus.
Credit where it's due, S Pen is awesome. And I actually like Samsung's software, contrary to the cool and popular 'hate samsung ui' bandwagon. They have introduced a lot of useful features way before they were copied by "awesome" barebones stock android.

2. Introduced that terrible notch for the stupid facial recognition. Those who say the notch doesn't bother them are denying their own experience ( Apple has mastered this craft of self deceiving behaviour of their customers)
Anyone who says this clearly don't care about user experience at all. My previous phone was a Oneplus 7 pro and while I admired and absolutely loved the gorgeous display, it simply turned out be a very unrefined experience. Proximity sensor works like it's broken and many a times during calls and whatsapp voice messages it goes blank without any reason. It makes to a totally frustrating experience.
Also Face ID? I won't trade face ID for notchless experience unless they somehow find a way to implement in the small bezel or under the screen. Fingerprint sensors on these Android devices are subpar to say the least. Compare it to a traditional not on the screen sensors and they suck.

Always curious about this thing...who is a regular use? Someone who works mostly inside a browser? Isn't a Chromebook enough for that case scenario?
Do such an user need the power of M1 chip?
The new Air weighs 1.29Kg...and this is CRAZILY HEAVY..if LG makes a 13 inch Gram ( presently weighs 965 grams with all necessary ports including a microSD slot ) with 400 grams in hand ( > 500 grams
Wouldn't that be a better laptop for casual users?
even as a gen 1 product it's nothing revolutionary or this much hype worthy.
Asus or even cheap shitty manufacturer like Acer comes up with more interesting laptops very often.
Just think about the audacity of Apple...they are making a 1.3kg laptop in 2020 and calling it Air!! 1.3 kilograms with their custom chip and everything!!
Imagine what a brand like Samsung could do if they had a similar chip ( considering what they did with their series 9 laptops years ago with those old inefficient intel CPUs)
Anyway I'm no expert in either hardware or software.
But all my enthusiasm for this new Mac is gone, just like the Apple headphones.
bro for real? Asus, Acer and macbooks? xD

And is this the laptop you're referring? https://www.cnet.com/reviews/lg-gram-13-inch-touch-review/

Despite many fine qualities, its appearance is pretty uninspiring and while the lightweight chassis is appreciated, the Gram feels flimsy compared to aluminum. Poorly placed web cam shoots upward at an awkward angle. USB-C port doesn't support Thunderbolt 3.
Pretty self explanatory, no need of any discussion. why it is light. and why macbooks are not. However, I hope Apple finds some way to shave off some weight at least slightly in the next iteration. No thanks if that means shrinkage of battery capacity.

M1 chip IS revolutionary. I don't intend to argue on such a pointless debate, when there's a clear, well-tested fact available everywhere.
But do these activities are of any use? Do these things need a 1000 dollars laptop?
We are fighting for M1 chip, what will we do with all the power?
User experience, user experience and user experience. nice keyboard (the best on a laptop I've tried), brilliant trackpad, amazing display, great speakers, the satisfaction you open and do your work on it every single time, superb performance all throughout, zipping through simple tasks without the dreaded beachball/waiting cursor, astonishing battery life, well sorted and clean OS and more. Everything adds up. If you don't care about any of these, uhm, well, fine. End of debate.

Efficiency, battery life and not burning your thighs while watching a simple 4k video will help too.

Also with the additional power one can extend the longevity of the product. See for example, 2-3 years down the line say you developed an interest in photo or video editing, if you have a powerful machine, you can do it with ease.

@Muathaz

Just one correction there. I think the LG gram snippet you quoted might be from their first version or something since that had webcam on lower end of screen where screen and keyboard meet.
Now they have webcam at proper location like all other laptops.

@Muathaz

Just one correction there. I think the LG gram snippet you quoted might be from their first version or something since that had webcam on lower end of screen where screen and keyboard meet.
Now they have webcam at proper location like all other laptops.

Still looks very similar. If you stripped off the names and specs, it looks like a 20-25k laptop. Price given is 1.4 lakh for an 8th gen i5 model. If one feels this is a good laptop for the price, macbooks are certainly a BARGAIN, even intel models. 300gms lower weight and it is significantly worse than a macbook air in every way without being any cheaper.
It is ridiculous to consider an LG laptop when there are clearly better products from Dell, razor and likes. Oh gosh, the amount of hate some people have is unbelievable.

Yes, it ( Gram) looks very cheap and scratches pretty easily.
I'm not new to Apple laptops and all these laptops are just tools to me.
And after years of using expensive to very laptops, I've become insensitive to the brand.
If something looks cheap but works better in challenging situation and does not break if used as a cofee table or put under a pair of boots in a backpack, I tend to choose that cheap looking product.
I had minimal expectations from the Gram, bought it as I needed something very light with some necessary ports and I was not in my country at that time and bought it from India.
By God's grace I'm in a position in life, where I can just throw away a 1000-2000 EUR laptop and keep on buying them till I find one that suits my work.
However the cheap looking laptop has served me exceptionally well for more than a year now..no slowing..no dents..nothing ..just a few scratches over the lid ( don't care one bit about cosmetic issues) and I can say this with 100 percent conviction, no MBP could take the abuse it has taken, it was used by at least 50 people in a busy covid ER and CCU.
I simply won't believe any reviews claiming it's not a well built machine.
My organization usually issues very rugged Dell laptops, toughbooks and T series thinkpads, they can take considerable amount of beatings/ drops, liquid spills but are HEAVY.
NO Apple laptop can take this much of abuse, I've seen 10 or more broken and destroyed MBPs ( not the newer fragile ones, but 2015 and before models with ports)
And NO!! I don't judge laptops on basis of a fruit logo, a useless touchbar..they are good for careful users living a life of cocooned and posh corporate buildings.
I live differently, work differently, where a MBP has no place ( sure I can buy 5/6 of them for a year or two at most if lucky)
User experience huh!! When you're dog tired of real physical work and need to write a report at 2 in the morning, you don't care about fancy animations, multiple gestures, seamless integration with a phone. You just need a word processor and a good keyboard and touch pad.
Everything is decent in this cheap looking laptop, and it weighs less than a kilogram!!
And it's not 1.3 lakhs INR, I spent around 65k for a 512 GB SSD and 16 GB of memory, more than enough for my needs.

Still looks very similar. If you stripped off the names and specs, it looks like a 20-25k laptop. Price given is 1.4 lakh for an 8th gen i5 model. If one feels this is a good laptop for the price, macbooks are certainly a BARGAIN, even intel models. 300gms lower weight and it is significantly worse than a macbook air in every way without being any cheaper.
It is ridiculous to consider an LG laptop when there are clearly better products from Dell, razor and likes. Oh gosh, the amount of hate some people have is unbelievable.
At least do some proper research before quoting prices and specs. The latest 14 inch 10th gen i5 version is available for 65k in sales. And the 17 inch one is the actual gem available for around 90k in the market. They crammed a 17 inch 2k display in the same form factor of a 15 inch device and still weighs just 1.3kg and with extra slots to upgrade both ram and storage.
And the best part is that it comes with a 3yr warranty by default. I hate this about every brand including Apple that they provide only 1 year warranty for stuff that costs in lakhs. However, at least other brands have cheap extended warranty plans available whereas Apple's extended warranty is much more expensive compared to other brands.

User experience huh!! When you're dog tired of real physical work and need to write a report at 2 in the morning, you don't care about fancy animations, multiple gestures, seamless integration with a phone. You just need a word processor and a good keyboard and touch pad.
Everything is decent in this cheap looking laptop, and it weighs less than a kilogram!!
And it's not 1.3 lakhs INR, I spent around 65k for a 512 GB SSD and 16 GB of memory, more than enough for my needs.
Exactly my point. If you don't care about it, fine. But vast majority do and it is for this reason why people spend more on most things. A normal buyer doesn't buy a laptop for "it was used by at least 50 people in a busy covid ER and CCU" lol. At that point is it even your personal laptop?!!

Nobody judges a laptop based on a fruit logo. Macbooks from 2016-2019 are heavily criticised for having a horrible keyboard, useless touchbar and thermal issues. Maybe it's only you who do it. :)

And fyi, 95% fine products are not abuse friendly or rugged. If your use case is different, you should look at other options and compare it for "your" use case and not generally.

You can't compare a nice sedan and an off road jeep. By your logic a jeep has 4 wheels, a steering, seats and it will take you where you want to go. omg why do people even buy stupid luxury cars. Comfort and experience my ass!! /s

At least do some proper research before quoting prices and specs. The latest 14 inch 10th gen i5 version is available for 65k in sales. And the 17 inch one is the actual gem available for around 90k in the market. They crammed a 17 inch 2k display in the same form factor of a 15 inch device and still weighs just 1.3kg and with extra slots to upgrade both ram and storage.
And the best part is that it comes with a 3yr warranty by default. I hate this about every brand including Apple that they provide only 1 year warranty for stuff that costs in lakhs. However, at least other brands have cheap extended warranty plans available whereas Apple's extended warranty is much more expensive compared to other brands.
Fine my bad. At even 65k it looks like a strictly "OK" product also only for someone who cares so much about being it 300gms lighter than an average laptop.
Couldn't help but this is the very first customer review LOL. so much for GREAT battery life.
Agree with them charging a bomb for extended warranty.

Apple is expensive, and it shows on their product quality. They were and are never meant to be vfm or affordable. But it changed with the introduction of M1 chips which make these laptops a bargain for what they are when compared to Windows laptops (please don't even consider the lg gram) that costs a LOT more.

Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 10.46.53 AM.png

Regarding the notch, to my limited knowledge a FP sensor ( not the underscreen ones) is a much better biometric authentication measure.
A big ass notch and emphasis on user experience at the same context is rathe weird, isn't it.
I had OP8 pro ( or was it 8T pro), the curved front panel one for brief period, yes it was terrible. But the 5T I used for a long time was fantastic...so is the Xiaomi phone ( K something Pro)..the FOD isn't terrible and the phone feels very snappy with very decent battery even with a properly treated MiUi.
Of course the camera isn't great ( but for a 350 EUR phone, it's terrific) but the screen with no stupid hole punches, notches and a freaking 3.5 TRS out with a very decent DAC/ amp is a huge thing for me.
And honestly I won't trade it for the 12 pro max.
Yes it was my personal laptop and in an emergency we don't care for a freaking laptop.
Regarding that review, that guy either got a faulty unit or doesn't know what he's talking about.
The touch pad is very decent ( not MBP pro level of course, but thankfully not huge like current MBPs)
I guess the word Pro does apply to Pros ( wild life photographers, music producers etc.) If you had any idea about those professionals, you should have known what exactly is done with laptops..literally thrown around, shoved down in a backpack often under heavy equipments.

Last edited:
Back