Apple introduces over-ear AirPods Max for Rs 59,900

Tech forums should be refrained from personal bias and that bias should not be the tool to judge people. Reasoning should happen on logical conclusions.

Anything expensive is useless and for posers and hence cheaper is always better argument is one such example.

Let's rename this thread to Capitalism 101 and be done with it.

As long as there is a demand, why blame Apple or any company in fulfilling the gap ? It's pretty clear that the price is not a deterrent to many, and as long as people are willing to part with their money, who are we to judge ?
Exactly my views. I usually avoid Apple devices
Used MacBook once but didn't like it so kept using Surface devices.

And Apple devices are more overpriced in India than US etc. Note 20 Ultra is costlier than Apple iPhone Pro Max in US.
But all said and done apple has bought few game changers
Capacitive screen
apple pencil
m1 arm Processor
airpods
etc etc
Dont know what's wrong in buying them just because it doesn't align to your interests

Last edited:
You were literally abusing me with explicit words and you're suddenly a saint advising me in this one for condescension?
Bro you are suffering from some kind of Morbid Hatred and Jealousy.
Please be objective in your approach
It's a tech forum. Don't bash a companyif you can add anything to the audiophile hi-fi words about the Cans you are welcome.
Otherwise why are you wasting so much energy in bashing Apple and It's users.

If you want to prove that apple users are dumb and you are smart then fine. All Apple Users are Dumb.
Let's close it at that

Last edited:
It's a tech forum. Don't bash a companyif you can add anything to the audiophile hi-fi words about the Cans you are welcome.

If you want to prove that apple users are dumb and you are smart then fine. All Apple Users are Dumb.
Let's close it at that
I don't need psychoanalyzing. Thanks for your help. Am happy with my hatred and biases.

The number of likes, dislikes, or abuses I receive clearly says a lot of people are suffering from the same or opposite bias as me.

If the above sentence wasn't true, people would just ignore the statements instead of getting involved.

Is there any reason to even consider this product for people like us who use products like M50X, or V6 or DT770 etc.? Keep aside the price factor for time being, just in terms of audio quality I mean.

I don't need psychoanalyzing. Thanks for your help. Am happy with my hatred and biases.

The number of likes, dislikes, or abuses I receive clearly says a lot of people are suffering from the same or opposite bias as me.

If the above sentence wasn't true, people would just ignore the statements instead of getting involved.
it works both ways dude! you shouldn't be complaining when you get replies in your own tone. If you fling insults at others expect the same towards you.

Is there any reason to even consider this product for people like us who use products like M50X, or V6 or DT770 etc.? Keep aside the price factor for time being, just in terms of audio quality I mean.

May be just wait It out for reviews to come and then take a decision.

Let's close it at that
This is why I don't engage with him. He is a chromic Apple hater bordering on trolling people. Just have a civil discussion with the rest of us. Ignore him.

Impossible to predict now. Some of us have spent more on a pair of IEMs Close to double or even more for cans. Few have bought A&K DAPs way more expensive than this.
Apple has indeed given us some real game changers in recent times..yes, audio is different, but the possibilities of computational audio is endless ( just what Google did with computational photography)
But the biggest issue personally for me is that if this sounds phenomenal only with iOS.
Most of the audio fools I know don't use Apple anymore ( except a very few still refusing to ditch the phenomenal sounding 5th gen ipod classic and ipod touch, modded of course) and if Apple manages to make this sound truly good, most Apple user won't be satisfied with the sound quality ( in a world where XM4, M50X etc. are preferred over Sundara or even HD 560S)
BTW when are they launching officially? Since I've nothing much to do, drove around the entire morning...it's not available with any retailer here @Vienna...if it was Praha... understandable..but this is a fairly major European city..one Apple store told me 15th December and they're taking bookings for 100 EUR and a lot of people have booked apparently!! Crazy times indeed...sure, holidays coming and this is the time for gifts and all..but never seen this amount of hype around a pair of headphones!!
Like it or not, Apple is special...people who have never spent 50 EUR on earphones before, bought airpods pro..surely there is a big market for this. Plenty of people with absolutely no interest and exposure to quality audio will buy and hype this beyond logic.

Last edited:
Impossible to predict now. Some of us have spent more on a pair of IEMs Close to double or even more for cans. Few have bought A&K DAPs way more expensive than this.
Apple has indeed given us some real game changers in recent times..yes, audio is different, but the possibilities of computational audio is endless ( just what Google did with computational photography)
But the biggest issue personally for me is that if this sounds phenomenal only with iOS.
Most of the audio fools I know don't use Apple anymore ( except a very few still refusing to ditch the phenomenal sounding 5th gen ipod classic and ipod touch, modded of course) and if Apple manages to make this sound truly good, most Apple user won't be satisfied with the sound quality ( in a world where XM4, M50X etc. are preferred over Sundara or even HD 560S)
BTW when are they launching officially? Since I've nothing much to do, drove around the entire morning...it's not available with any retailer here @Vienna...if it was Praha... understandable..but this is a fairly major European city..one Apple store told me 15th December and they're taking bookings for 100 EUR and a lot of people have booked apparently!! Crazy times indeed...sure, holidays coming and this is the time for gifts and all..but never seen this amount of hype around a pair of headphones!!
Like it or not, Apple is special...people who have never spent 50 EUR on earphones before, bought airpods pro..surely there is a big market for this. Plenty of people with absolutely no interest and exposure to quality audio will buy and hype this beyond logic.
Bro I should have consulted you before buying the XM4
I now feel like one audio fool

Call @msankadi and let him bash me for buying the XM4

Last edited:
Initial impressions are indicating of better sound quality then XM4, audio fools or not.

Still it is $200 extra considering that XM4 launch price was $349.

Edit: It will use Airplay against normal bluetooth connection, that means connection will be lossless.

Last edited:
Here we go. Justifications have started coming in. :D:D

Great guys. Forget companies who have spent decades honing their audio capabilities and straightaway lets assume that this is the best because bcoz apple apple

Also, people who are comparing this to XM4. Price for XM4 in India is around 20k-24k depending on when you buy it - 1/3rd the price of this apple headphone

People buying Bluetooth headphones and claiming they want an audiophile experience sounds total bollocks to me. Do you really think BT has replaced wires in terms of audio quality?

AirPods Max vs Sony WH-1000XM4 vs Bose 700: which should you buy? | What Hi-Fi?

The sound isn't as good, nor is the battery life. Again, it boils down to a willingness to waste money on subpar sound quality. All of a sudden BT 5.x is now supposedly bad and it disconnects often!!!! Total fabrication. :oops::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
AirPods Max vs Sony WH-1000XM4 vs Bose 700: which should you buy? | What Hi-Fi?

The sound isn't as good, nor is the battery life. Again, it boils down to a willingness to waste money on subpar sound quality. All of a sudden BT 5.x is now supposedly bad and it disconnects often!!!! Total fabrication. :oops::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Those guys haven't even got their AirPods Max yet and have written a fluffy article as usual. They just compared the sound of Bose 700 and XM4..

It's too early to say how Apple's AirPods Max will sound.

Hmm OK. I will wait for some proper reviews from some old timers but I have forgotten most of them from HiFi.

I am not really sure what game changers Apple has brought since their inception, only thing I know is the touch screen tech, you know from resistive to capacitive, and yes their mobile chips are few years ahead than QC chips but that's it. They have invented how to rob customers better though, like moving to glass built and thus 350 repair thereof, no charger etc. I think sealed battery crap was also first brought by them, but not sure. I am extremely open minded for all companies as I hate all companies equally but some do take it a lot further, Apple's greedy policies are certainly topping the list.

Anyway, I hope this product is not some BS and indeed has extremely good quality which at least can justify half the price, even then it's a win given one will get the Apple logo, for whomever that is applicable anyway.

Hmm OK. I will wait for some proper reviews from some old timers but I have forgotten most of them from HiFi.

I am not really sure what game changers Apple has brought since their inception, only thing I know is the touch screen tech, you know from resistive to capacitive, and yes their mobile chips are few years ahead than QC chips but that's it. They have invented how to rob customers better though, like moving to glass built and thus 350 repair thereof, no charger etc. I think sealed battery crap was also first brought by them, but not sure. I am extremely open minded for all companies as I hate all companies equally but some do take it a lot further, Apple's greedy policies are certainly topping the list.

Anyway, I hope this product is not some BS and indeed has extremely good quality which at least can justify half the price, even then it's a win given one will get the Apple logo, for whomever that is applicable anyway.
Believe it or not but a majority of people are not tech savvy. They cannot be bothered to check specs or draw detailed comparison between products and ranking them based on performance or value. They just don't wanna do it. They will go any lengths to avoid it. Its their choice and it has to be respected. Its up to them to spend their money however they want.

No one wants to end up with a bad device which they might regret later. Bad choices are associated with pain and pain is something people try to avoid. Sometimes at costs that may not seem justified to everyone.

So instead what they do is they have subscribed to the Apple ecosystem. Its true that they pay a premium but they have the surety that they will get a way above average user experience. Apple has had a great track record with their devices and that's how they have built this trust.

There is a method to this madness.

PS: This is coming from a guy who's only Apple purchase till date is an iPod Nano.

Back