Apple introduces over-ear AirPods Max for Rs 59,900

This is actually interesting. Apple is entering in to a market that is not short of well established players with distinguished products. It will be a good experiment in terms of how much premium Apple can command in a new category based on the brand name.

I think they are trying to milk money off their ardent users and the price is likely to fall in the coming months to the upper tier of products from Sennheiser, Bose and Sony. Then there will be an influx of regular iOS users who would rather opt for Apple than Bose.

But Apple is not new to this market. At least 80 percent of studios dealing with audio recording is heavily invested in Apple hardware ( even in India at least in 2014)
Apple has all the resources for headphone manufacturing for years.
I'm hoping the Beats will remain their consumer line and airpod will cater to the people not happy with typical consumer sound signature.
Don't know if you guys know or remember...Apple years ago used to sell a dual driver IEM with very good sound signature and it was pretty difficult to drive.
I'm sincerely hoping for Apple to make a great wired over ear headphones with pro in the name!!

Pure hypothetical and fabricated comparisons and assumptions. Totally baseless.
Any altu faltu made up reasons and justifications are being made up to justify the price and why people buy products not worth the price to show off or because of lack of information

Hahahaha apple users tend to fall back to the illogical or abuses to justify their biases whenever their untrue statements are called out. Invariably all such users tend to pass of their opinion as a fact. After they are called out for it, it infuriates them

Why are you gus wasting your time on this guy, If u can afford to buy a headphones worth 60k do your homework and decide wisely Apple or oranges.

its been a while, he is clearly flame baiting and mods won't do anything...
Yeah right you think you're a big man by using expletives and the mods didn't do anything on that.

If you think you're really some big shot who can use expletives in a very unique manner then its better to meet and sort this out. You'll be surprised outside the confines of the forum that has been protecting you.

Was curious about Apple's pricing in India. Everyone tends to blame India's tax structure, import duties etc.( None of which I understand clearly)
Let's talk about a brand like Sennheiser or Beyerdynamics..I believe all of their mid and high end headphones are imported and their selling prices in India are about 5-10 percent more compared to EU countries.
But with Apple, it's often more than 25 percent!!
Who is responsible for this? Apple or the incredible Government of India?

Was curious about Apple's pricing in India. Everyone tends to blame India's tax structure, import duties etc.( None of which I understand clearly)
Let's talk about a brand like Sennheiser or Beyerdynamics..I believe all of their mid and high end headphones are imported and their selling prices in India are about 5-10 percent more compared to EU countries.
But with Apple, it's often more than 25 percent!!
Who is responsible for this? Apple or the incredible Government of India?
Both actually. The import duties is 20% (raised recently) I think and GST is 18%. So you are paying a whopping 38% in taxes.
Apple also likes to peg its exchange rate, on the higher side, to counter the fluctuations (usually $1 = ₹100). And unlike some other brands like OnePlus, they don't have the strategy to sacrifice profits for market share in low income countries like India. And remember that the US prices don't include taxes which are charged extra during checkout.

Back