Apple iPad availability/purchase in Delhi?

The iPad experience was mind blowing guys. I spent a good 40 minutes with it the other day and I was verb impressed.

The UI is smooth and the only word I can think of is that it "flows". I think it was even better than the iPhone/iPod touch experience. The screen was even more responsive if that was possible. Wireless reception was fast and the on-screen keyboard was easy to type on! Books looked nice and comics looked awesome! It is the comics on the ipad that is making me go crazy about it.

The few things that I didn't like about it are-

1. The games are too blurry and look pixellated. Maybe with the onslaught of HD games that will change but there is no way I will play games on it. Unless of course it something like monopoly or chess, or any game that makes use of that huge screen!

2. After 40 minutes of playing with my wrist started to hurt like crazy. Even if used two hands to hold it, it is still quite heavy for it's size.

3. The super sensitive accelerometer. It would switch between portrait and landscape modes even with slightest angle. No wonder they included a screen position lock button.

Now I am also thinking about getting it.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Throw. Money. At. It.

udayrulz said:
Not willing to pay anything over 30k for the 16gb model .

*for now :p , Will wait for a month or so and see how it goes .

Well $499 translates to 30~32k in India for most electronic products. So unless Apple drops the price don't be too optimistic about the price going down. In fact with the insane prices these grey market dealers have on launch for other apple products like iPhone, I think 34k for the iPad is a very sane price from their part. :p

Lord Nemesis said:
Well $499 translates to 30~32k in India for most electronic products. So unless Apple drops the price don't be too optimistic about the price going down. In fact with the insane prices these grey market dealers have on launch for other apple products like iPhone, I think 34k for the iPad is a very sane price from their part. :p
500 U.S. dollars = 22 264.7727 Indian rupees

getting it from visiting relative or friend from u.s still remain the best option :bleh:

rahul21 said:

getting it from visiting relative or friend from u.s still remain the best option :bleh:

Well we are not talking about the price in US, but what it will translate to in India which is more like US Price + shipping changes + import duties + dealer margin and also not everyone has a relative in US waiting there just to bring you the iPad. :p

rahul21 said:

Lord Nemesis said:

He is more or less correct about Indian pricing , even if it launches here officially it won't be below 30 - 32 k .. so the current is not bad tbh .

Typing this on an iPad I would say that any apple enthusiast would love to have this piece..

Video quality is topnotch and watching netflix is an amazing feel..

The only con I can come up with after a day and half Of constant usage is that it weighs a slight too much.. Very tiring after sometime and you won't really want to walk around holding it.

No complains about the battery life yet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

$499+Taxes+Shipping

In India, i would rather suggest the wifi only model given 3G isnt always available, but here in the USA having a 3G model would make more sense. If only the 3G model was even vaguely VFM.

Back