Apple iPhone is now available Factory Unlocked in the UK!

Styx

Skilled
So Apple just started taking pre-orders for the new iPhone 4 and its available SIM-free and unlocked

starting £499 for 16GB model.

Just wanted to pass this info along..:)

4Wyc

4Wyb

Hmmm so we can get this from someone living in the UK . A friends coming down in August 1st week . :D What the £ to RS rate currently ?

EDIT : 16GB comes to ~34k and 32GB to 41k. :| Not happening for me.

FaH33m said:
Hmmm so we can get this from someone living in the UK . A friends coming down in August 1st week . :D What the £ to RS rate currently ?

EDIT : 16GB comes to ~34k and 32GB to 41k. :| Not happening for me.
16GB for almost 28k if not more. :p

Edit: I thought it was 500 Euros going by that symbol. Damn. :ashamed:

I think renegade's calculation makes sense.

If I had that kind of cash ATM, I'd have gladly shelled out 34k for the iPhone 4G. Going by the specs and features, it is light years ahead of my iPhone 3G I have ATM and I had paid 20k for the phone which was purchased from the UK.

34k seems to be quite okayish IMO. :)

SoulFire said:
well the OP hasnt posted a link , 99% of all UK listings are VAT inclusive , shipping not sure , so yes u cud get vat back on that amount.

That sounds really good. 17.6% is a good amount . :D Can this done by my friend who his about to finish is graduation in UK and return back to India ? How easy is the procedure ?

EDIT : Is this the same VAT/ GST refund which you get after filling the form at the aiport while leaving the country and the money is sent to you in 3-4 weeks by post ? I remember doing something similar for all my big purchases during last visit to London , had to attach the invoice etc.

thanks for the link , i think the prices on the accessories in the UK are quite a rip off considering US prices but still , hope people can get it cheap.

the VAT refund is usually instant , they give you cash in hand , if not you usually have to provide a bank account number and it comes directly into your bank account.

Back