Apple launches 'iPad'

these hitler videos lost their humour part. not funny anymore.

Anyways coming back to the topic, Apple A4 is ARM Cortex+memory controller+Mali GPU. All apple had to do is to bring them together :)

Just came across this image

dailypicdump333143.jpg

thetoxicmind said:
The video was impressive. ;)

It is and its showcasing what tablet apps can offer. I guess we 're not used to doing things on tablets yet, so we wonder whether this can replace netbook or other. I dont see this replacing anything, its opening up a whole new area.

Sweet spot has to be $199 for mass adoption. Course Apple will never charge as low for a long while but others surely will.

Imagine controlling an HTPC with something like this, no more reading tiny text across the room or aiming your remote and figuring out what to press next. This is just one tiny area of use, glorified remote control :eek:hyeah:

Portability, hmm i think this is more of a in-house or in-office sort of thing than travelling companion.

Any kind of browsing seems to be the key area that will benefit with this tech. It wil become the preferred way to interact with these kinds of apps and ppl will tun their noses at the way we do it today.

I think its a promising offering if not ready to-go just yet. Upcoming versions will surely sort it out. I do believe this is another iPod in the making in the sense it will spawn a lot of immitators and one hopes the competition hots up. We're finally breaking the haptic barrier when interacting with apps. No more pushing buttons or moving pointers, use fingers and get messy. Whats next... star-wars like hologram or minority report. From 2-D to true 3-D.

5-10 yrs from now we will be taking this sort of interaction for granted. Maybe you will be able to smudge your neighbours monitors with fingerprints :eek:hyeah:

I'm surprised with the reaction here, wasn't the most often heard request for a bigger screen ?

itouch/iPhone proved the concept after all right ?

As i posted earlier I'll buy it. For the first time in years i am seriously looking forward to something. The bad investment i did was a year ago in a Nokia 5800 which i bought for almost 20K. I can already see that why its a great investment for just 5K more. It will almost everything what i wanted my 5800 to do all the time.

I can surf the web *conveniently* and use the keypad at the same time. I can read my morning newspaper on my bed without waiting for my newspaper. I dont need to carry a stupid laptop to keep me occupied while i am traveling. I can share show pics of my family trips to my parents without asking them to come to the PC room or stare in my tiny screen of my phone. I no longer need a personal dairy. Perfect HTPC remote. The list just goes on and on for me. I have everything in one place. I can totally relate to the video. I need one NOW. I just cannot decide which one.

Also i wont do the mistake which i did last time around with the 5800. No other phone(Haven't seen the Nexus One yet) comes remotely close to the iphone. The touch simply feels like water flow and the apps just makes it so much better. The iPad would be the first apple product which i would buy and for me i think it makes the most sense then the rest of the apple products. Only gripe with the iPad is the USB support. They could have put a USB port on that thing.

Just wait and see what premium we have to pay to get the damn thing here locally. We on average are paying 10k-15k premium over international price of current range of Apple branded computing products.

We will be mostly restricted to wifi version. 3G service will take another year to become available on large scale here. Using this device on EDGE is hopeless.

And without jailbreak there are simply too many restrictions. A utility device should have had multitasking from the word go. I still hope it does not take ages for it to get jailbreak. I am thinking of buying this for dad and mom to check emails and for casual surfing.

This will really start making sense in its second generation next year to be honest.

@ Switch : Use HD2, Nexus one, N900, Milestone after using iPhone. ( not before, use iPhone and then use these devices :p )

I can share show pics of my family trips to my parents without asking them to come to the PC room or stare in my tiny screen of my phone.
Bingo!

I know the feeling, the phone just killed the impact.

Shripad said:
Just wait and see what premium we have to pay to get the damn thing here locally. We on average are paying 10k-15k premium over international price of current range of Apple branded computing products.
I dont think so. If you look at the pricing of the existing range of Apple products, we are paying approximately Rs.56 per dollar. Calculating on that assumption, iPad should cost more than 29-30k here in India. Ofcourse, I am talking about the base $499 WiFi-only version of the iPad.

Its more like Rs58 / US$.

$999 Macbook is close to 57-58k inclusive of all regional taxes here.

ANd like I said, thats the current markup on Apple computing products.

I have a feeling this will be 29999 device.

Shripad said:
Its more like Rs58 / US$.
$999 Macbook is close to 57-58k inclusive of all regional taxes here.

ANd like I said, thats the current markup on Apple computing products.
I have a feeling this will be 29999 device.

Yea but the $999 Macbook is the cost WITHOUT taxes in the US :)

Switch said:
As i posted earlier I'll buy it. For the first time in years i am seriously looking forward to something. The bad investment i did was a year ago in a Nokia 5800 which i bought for almost 20K. I can already see that why its a great investment for just 5K more. It will almost everything what i wanted my 5800 to do all the time.

I can surf the web *conveniently* and use the keypad at the same time. I can read my morning newspaper on my bed without waiting for my newspaper. I dont need to carry a stupid laptop to keep me occupied while i am traveling. I can share show pics of my family trips to my parents without asking them to come to the PC room or stare in my tiny screen of my phone. I no longer need a personal dairy. Perfect HTPC remote. The list just goes on and on for me. I have everything in one place. I can totally relate to the video. I need one NOW. I just cannot decide which one.

Also i wont do the mistake which i did last time around with the 5800. No other phone(Haven't seen the Nexus One yet) comes remotely close to the iphone. The touch simply feels like water flow and the apps just makes it so much better. The iPad would be the first apple product which i would buy and for me i think it makes the most sense then the rest of the apple products. Only gripe with the iPad is the USB support. They could have put a USB port on that thing.

Seems exactly like what it's being designed for ! Feel likewise !

honestly never was lookin forward to this device.maybe if they made a 5-7 inch device would have bought it. the only use i can think of(apart from web surfing and photo viewing) is to use it as a GPS device for a car.

As far as multi tasking is concerned they would bring it will OS4 but that still won't interest me.perhaps it would have interested more people if they made it dual boot---run OSx as well as iphone OS4.

The only good thing that comes outta this is the apple A4 processor.It's a powerful enough chip that's also doesn't use a whole lotta power. i really hope this chip or even better a more powerful version fo this chip can make it to the next iphone/ipotch.Already have the old iphone 3g so lookin to upgrade to iphone 4g when it comes out hopefully with an oled screen and give me better battery life.

Back