Apple September Event Thread

For the fanboys and people interested, Apple has put a timer on their own website..

http://www.apple.com/live/

Also Live streaming will be there on Apple Tv and hopefully iOS devices. Unfortunately I have only iPhone with me and watching on that is gonna suck.

But I recon this will be a huge event given the number of things to be introduced. 2 iPhones and a watch.

It is the first time Apple is going to stream an iPhone event Live and first time they have put a counter on their website. Also they don't usually announce the live stream so early, that is also done.

Last edited:
Never had the luxury or the thought of using an iPhone. Nor do I have now to be frank. But will be looking out for iPhone 6 along with the price cut of 5s for my wife. I am just hoping that iPhone 6 isnt insanely priced so that I can gift one to my wife. May be, we will like the iPhones to and get into the iSheep bandwagon?

I think getting a 3GS at that price is difficult as of now.
You cannot expect 4/4S at that price. iPhones don't lose their resale value so fast.

the market is changing......look what happened to BB........................Z10 @ 30k dropped down to 15k and still there are no takers.....its a flagship. BB was doling out Z10 for free in competitions etc. Maybe apple is next.

the only good thing about apple is after sale service. period. Guys need a manly phone like one+, mi3, 1020, G3.,....complex difficult to hold with gazillion tweaks, better things at lower price....

I am keeping a tab on this thread to see by how much apple blunders its pricing, as someone aptly put it here iphone6 is competing with tata nano.

^I am looking forward towards Apple this time just because of that. Closed env, no tweaking, has most of the games. ideal for office.

its same with all guys.....we look at h/w first then aesthetics. Ok i will leave out guys who are too busy with work and need a functional smartphone

It is not always "Too Busy" or anything. Some people want to always tweak their phones and install new ROMs and whatnot., others want a no nonsense device to get their various jobs done. Depends on one's preferences. In fact many a times, people who used to do lot of flashing etc may get tired of trial and error to get the best mix and give up on the doing tweak part.

Last edited:
its same with all guys.....we look at h/w first then aesthetics. Ok i will leave out guys who are too busy with work and need a functional smartphone.

I was at that stage once. Hardware first, everything secondary. But after playing all kinds of games on my gaming laptop, now i use it only for work. Same is for my smartphone. So I guess either I've got old or I've attained nirvana.

It is not always "Too Busy" or anything. Some people wants to always tweak their phones and install new ROMs and whatnot., others want a no nonsense device to get their various jobs done. Depends on one's preferences. In fact many a times, people who used to do lot of flashing etc may get tired of trial and error to get the best mix and give p on the doing tweak part.
Count me in on the tired of doing it part.
I aged myself on this too early though when SGS launched and thereafter I am using droids the way it comes. Less tweaking and no flashing at all

Count me in on the tired of doing it part.
I aged myself on this too early though when SGS launched and thereafter I am using droids the way it comes. Less tweaking and no flashing at all
People new to flashing etc will feel they are doing awesome stuff by putting new kernel and ROM and all. But at one point they will get tired to do that. I have a ZTE blade (which cannot be used for calling) and I have done a lot of flashing etc on that. Now I have a functional GB ROM on it since past 2 years.

It is not always "Too Busy" or anything. Some people wants to always tweak their phones and install new ROMs and whatnot., others want a no nonsense device to get their various jobs done. Depends on one's preferences. In fact many a times, people who used to do lot of flashing etc may get tired of trial and error to get the best mix and give p on the doing tweak part.
when I got my SGS1 long back, I flashed my phone with new roms atleast few times in the first month. at some point, I got frustrated at loosing all my sms and photos etc... I gave up and switched back to the original.
Also, the roms cannot be trusted with stability. most of them are unstable and not fully tested. since there is no liability, you have to deal with debugging etc... most of the times.

In fact many a times, people who used to do lot of flashing etc may get tired of trial and error to get the best mix and give up on the doing tweak part.

This; this is one of primary reason I shifted to iOS from Android. I played around with Android for ~2.5 years. Before that I used to play around with my Nokia S60 phone and a SE Walkman phone. However I wished for a device working out of the box without much fuss; and yes I m willing to pay 'some' premium for it.

Here's my old rant, this applies to phones as well:

I have a pretty good Android tablet, Barnes & Noble Nook Color, but after many months of usage I was hugely disappointed with Android. Or rather I say, with the Nook Color. In the beginning, it was all well and going good. It was very exciting to install CM mods and trying out other firmwares which were doing rounds on XDA-Developers forum. I was experimenting a lot with it. But one day, all of a sudden, I just got bored. I was bored to do same steps all over again in hopes of a more stable device. Seriously. Waiting for the next stable ROM to be released, installing nightlys, flashing the ROMs again and again, was really boring and tiresome. Time waste too. I was so fed up, I just stopped all that non-sense so that I can be more productive and invest my time in other work. I just wished, to have a very stable device for once and for all and which would do everything I expect to.

But major problem was with Android. The sluggishness, crashes were irritating. Lack of many good games, apps optimized for tablet devices were another reasons. Customize the homescreen and lockscreen all you want, but be prepared to feel shit once you open any apps. After buying Nook Color, some 3-4 months later, I had bought myself an iPhone 4[which was kind of a quick switch from my android to iOS]. Back then, Android mobiles were sluggish, buggy, with poor battery back up and they were ugly as ****. My iPhone was doing amazingly well compared to my tablet. I started liking iOS even though it had (has) many major issues compared to Android. The user experience was just amazing. Damn thing just worked.

But this was all almost 3 years ago. Android has improved a lot. And there are really beautiful looking android mobiles available (yay, finally!). Google Nexass Nexus mobiles are really good (especially Nexus 4/Nexus 5). Before making any concrete decision, I tried Nexus 7 (though I was more inclined towards iPad). Performance wise it was better, but however I still felt same about it’s UX and the usual Android nuances. I don’t think Android will ever figure out that. It still sucks IMO when it comes to tablets. They just can’t get it ****ing right.

With my horrible past with Android, I decided to go with iPad and give it a try.

shameless plug, full review link - http://blog.iavin.com/2013/12/ipad-air-first-impressions-pictures-and-review/ (it's an ad free blog)

Last edited:
Back