Apple September Event Thread

Last 3 iPhone announcements (from iPhone 4S), I wasn't really excited as most things were known (like it is now) but it wasn't anything different.
But this time it seems Apple themselves are very very confident. The new structure they have opened in no time (white color), the timer on their page, early declaring of the live stream. There are many firsts this time.

I liked so many comments from the last page and thats what i feel and going through now [ in a +ve way though ]. I bought iphone 3g and played many games on it,then came 3gs and still played a lot of games and did a lot of work on it . But as i upgraded my phones,it was just for emails,text and making calls to family-friends etc. Could be that i am getting old. Also having custom roms is good and installing them is a great thing,you feel excited but it dies soon enough and then you stick to it as it is. I will stick to my current iphone 5 and wait for it to die before upgrading. Coz,i know even the new iphone will end up in the same way like the one i have. Not being able to use it to its full potential.

How are most things known? With Apple there is no guarantee. Last year everyone thought that there would be a low end low cost version of the iPhone. What no one could really predict was how low, and $100 less for a $600+ phone is not exactly low cost. Apple are smart, they innovate just a little more than required, never go in with a bang.

I liked so many comments from the last page and thats what i feel and going through now [ in a +ve way though ]. I bought iphone 3g and played many games on it,then came 3gs and still played a lot of games and did a lot of work on it . But as i upgraded my phones,it was just for emails,text and making calls to family-friends etc. Could be that i am getting old. Also having custom roms is good and installing them is a great thing,you feel excited but it dies soon enough and then you stick to it as it is. I will stick to my current iphone 5 and wait for it to die before upgrading. Coz,i know even the new iphone will end up in the same way like the one i have. Not being able to use it to its full potential.

You are not alone. I am saying that I am satisfied with my iPhone 4S and it does everything I want. I see no reason to upgrade.
But then you me and others are always having this itch to get a newer device. We may not need it, but we want it.
Human psychology, cannot do much about it.

How are most things known? With Apple there is no guarantee. Last year everyone thought that there would be a low end low cost version of the iPhone. What no one could really predict was how low, and $100 less for a $600+ phone is not exactly low cost. Apple are smart, they innovate just a little more than required, never go in with a bang.

Cost is something which was never known before. It was only the parts and look of the device known. Apple never mentioned that the iPhone 5C will be low cost. People just assumed and that fueled the disappointment when the price wasn't actually low.

^ha ha, same here. Have iPhone 4. Battery lasts for two days and does everything want. And its JB'ed.

:)

^ha ha, same here. Have iPhone 4. Battery lasts for two days and does everything want. And its JB'ed.

:)

I and my wife are so accustomed to JB that we cannot use iPhone without it being jailbroken. It is so good when some tweaks we take for granted that we feel they are always part of the OS.
It was fun to see once when my wife booted her iPhone 4 in safe mode and she tried swiping up in an app to close it (multitasking gestures in iOS 7 and Zephyr before that). She got super irritated by the lack of app closing and I told her it is because of the tweak she was able to do so.
She pings me immediately on whatsapp lest her phone went into safe mode, to get it back in JB mode. :p

Yes,same is the case here. My Wife`s been using her Samsung S3 for such a long time now and when i ask her for a upgrade. She just denies it. And i am sure that if the upgrade is worth it,might upgrade to iphone 6 even though i don't need one.

Cost is something which was never known before. It was only the parts and look of the device known. Apple never mentioned that the iPhone 5C will be low cost. People just assumed and that fueled the disappointment when the price wasn't actually low.

It was never known, but of course there was speculation. In fact none of the leaks were accurate. Apple have so far been very good at keeping these things under tabs. Also noticed that in the past few years they have started laying some emphasis on announcing specs. I guess that's something they have taken out of the books of various android manufacturers. Mr. Cook will also take a few digs at Android this year for sure.

I want to watch event on a screen which is bigger than my iPhone. Any suggestions ? I do not have any other iDevice or Mac with me for now.

I want to watch event on a screen which is bigger than my iPhone. Any suggestions ? I do not have any other iDevice or Mac with me for now.

If you are ohk with Live Blogs, checkout sites like Engadget. It has neat layout with pictures having filmstrip on top and text in bottom half, IIRC.

Back