Apple TV 4K experience?

That's why I didn't bother, Sonos Beam (Gen 2) is what I had considered once. Even that is way over hyped according to many who already had previous gen.

I have no idea honestly, maybe @renegade can shed some light on this as he has soundtouch and also a mini.
Sorry for posting late. I would recommend against the HomePod mini. I have a pair and they are great if your TV speakers are not good, mine aren't. However they cannot be compared with a Soundtouch 30 or a HomePod original.

Since there are a lot of people who own an Apple TV here, I thought I'd ask about an issue I'm facing with my Apple TV 1080p with my Mi TV 4K.

I am unable to set up the volume control on the Apple TV, i.e. I cannot control the master volume of the TV via the Apple TV remote. I have tried the "Learn new remote" option, to no avail, it just simply does not detect the Mi TV remote.

I read somewhere that the Apple TV can only do IR remotes and not BT remotes (which the Mi TV has), is that so?

Any help is appreciated! TIA!

Since there are a lot of people who own an Apple TV here, I thought I'd ask about an issue I'm facing with my Apple TV 1080p with my Mi TV 4K.

I am unable to set up the volume control on the Apple TV, i.e. I cannot control the master volume of the TV via the Apple TV remote. I have tried the "Learn new remote" option, to no avail, it just simply does not detect the Mi TV remote.

I read somewhere that the Apple TV can only do IR remotes and not BT remotes (which the Mi TV has), is that so?

Any help is appreciated! TIA!
The ATV remote can control volume via HDMI CEC failing which it can use IR as a fallback.
If audio device (TV) supports neither CEC nor IR then volume control won’t work

BeeBom Comparison - Still UI experience is unmatched. Androids are way behind this. I switched to 4k and would never go back to fire tv or any of those sticks. Personal preference vary
Capture.jpg

this prime video UI is different ( provides option to change fonts and much polished) than what we have our firestick.
Is it just me or prime Video UI is different in firetv and generic android Tv ?

25.5k if you use HDFC card on JioMart
Please explain? actually its 28K after 2K discount of HDFC only.

Edit: i think you are seeing that 15% discount.. :) its not fully applicable for homepod. Max of 1750 discount, that even for EMI transaction. But already homepod has in general 2K discount with No-cost emi, so again that 1750 discount is not applicable.

Last edited:
I got the original HomePod briefly and I guess they are decent for music, but I didn't like them one bit while watching tv shows or movies. they're just not loud enough.
Did not have 2 to try pairing in stereo mode though.

Back